Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Guys,

So im still stalling. Im pissed, scared, and discouraged all in one. (emoji sad face) My mom said something to tease me the other day but since she has said it, it has stuck in my mind. She said I may have stretched my stomach. I had my Surgery 3 24 2014. So im not even a month out. But I did notice that when I started my soft foods diet the weight stopped. Also, when I first got out of surgery I could barely drink anything without feeling full and it could take me all day to drink a smart Water Water. Now I can drink a 15 oz cranberry juice in about 30-45 mins. But it was weird bc sometimes I can get really full fast (like two bites or so) & sometimes I can eat like 7 bites of something. Then im full. Im scared guys. do you think I stretched my stomach?

As my parents think it could be Fluid and suggested a Fluid pill.

what do yall think? Bc they "stalling" stuff less than a month out of surgery Is just not the business.

Hello! I had my surgery 5 days before you and I know EXACTLY how you feel. No worries, you didnt stretch your stomach and you WILL begin to lose weight again VERY soon. My first two weeks on moist foods was the worst becasue i lost only about 3 pounds in two weeks. Then all of a sudden last week i saw a HUGE weightloss of 5 lbs in one week. I'm gradually eating more than i was the first two weeks and I feel like it may be possible that my body was just in a "starvation" mode and actually eating more may be causing me to lose weight. Make sure you excercise too. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and it seems to be speeding up my progress as well. Your stall will be over soon so hang in there:)

Stalls are normal and common. Cranberry juice has a lot of carbs in it. People seem to lose the best when they limit carbs and try to eat low carbs,

When they do the sleeve, they use the part of the stomach that is not stretchy.

I agree! I only lost 13 pounds my first month after surgery and was freaked out since I was reading the huge amounts everyone else was dropping. I also had a stall my 3rd & 4th week post op. My nutritionist said it was because I lost 35 Pre-op and my body was fighting to hold on to everything I had. Trust us... Stick to the program and it will start dropping again.My second month I dropped an additional 25!! I will be 3 months post-op this coming Wednesday and I noticed last week that I can eat a 6 oz yogurt now. I was a little freaked since I was making it a point to eat no more than 4oz at a time. They say no more than 8oz at a time but it still startled me. I think it is natural for us to worry a little about our "firsts" since this is a whole new way of life. You are doing great! :)

Edited by StephanieRR

Im about to cry! Thank you ladies so much! you gave me all the encouragement & reassurance I needed!!! Thanks guys! xoxo

I can totally relate with this fear. I'm just starting on puréed foods and I'm totally freaked out. Even with all the instructions I'm afraid of doing something wrong. And "stretching" sounds scary and reversing what all this pain (and nasty Protein Shakes haha) was for.

I was sleeved March 17 and I too am stalled. I saw my NUT on Friday and she said this is common. She told me to limit the carbs , eat my Protein and up the exercise. Oh and to stop worrying. I have been stressing myself out thinking I would be the one to fail at the sleeve. She told me to chill out that since surgery my weight was trending down ward (lost 15 since surgery ; it was 20 but I gained 5 pounds overnight WTF IMAGINE MY HORROR!!) and that I need to look at the my weight loss over the month rather than each day. She also said they are not worried at this stage. Later yes, but now it is early.

There's no way you streched your pouch so soon after the surgery. It's natural to be able to eat more after a while and you will be able to eat even more in a couple of months. All natural. Your stomach is healing that's why your appetite comes and goes. We all have stalls all the time. I;ve just come out of one that lasted 7 weeks. Of course it's frustrating and of course i didn;t like it but when it happens we just have to remain focused and remember it's the way our bodies work. As soon as the stall fininshed I started loosing fast again. I was sleeved at the end of June 2013 and I can't even tell you how much my life has changed. Hang in there and everything will be fine. Just follow your nut's instructions and never be discouraged

Had surgery last Tue 4/15..I'm so miserable. Also feel tired, no energy I get drained so fast. Only thing I can do is make something to eat, shower and I feel like I ran a marathon. I'm really regretting this also. Plus I'm started to feel hungry all the time. .stomach always freaking growling. .I'm a drinking my Water and high Protein Shakes from doc. Taking my Vitamins daily. .I m just tired all the time. .I lost 6 lbs. .thought I would be happy, but I'm finding it hard to get happy when I feel fatigue most of the day. .haven't left the house since Tuesday when I got home from surgery. .I keep saying I want to walk outside in the evening. But I get tired and winded soooo fast. .really sad. .and I hear people say after 1wk. .they feel great and full of energy. .I have been sleeping on my coach since Tuesday. .can't lay flat in bed. Sorry for the long vent :-(

Had surgery last Tue 4/15..I'm so miserable. Also feel tired, no energy I get drained so fast. Only thing I can do is make something to eat, shower and I feel like I ran a marathon. I'm really regretting this also. Plus I'm started to feel hungry all the time. .stomach always freaking growling. .I'm a drinking my Water and high Protein Shakes from doc. Taking my Vitamins daily. .I m just tired all the time. .I lost 6 lbs. .thought I would be happy, but I'm finding it hard to get happy when I feel fatigue most of the day. .haven't left the house since Tuesday when I got home from surgery. .I keep saying I want to walk outside in the evening. But I get tired and winded soooo fast. .really sad. .and I hear people say after 1wk. .they feel great and full of energy. .I have been sleeping on my coach since Tuesday. .can't lay flat in bed. Sorry for the long vent :-(

Several people have told me they feel better after two weeks so hopefully you'll feel better soon! I had mine on 4/18 and can't even stand up straight yet. Not sure if that's normal.

Several people have told me they feel better after two weeks so hopefully you'll feel better soon! I had mine on 4/18 and can't even stand up straight yet. Not sure if that's normal.

Still not able to stand up straight myself. Feel so bloated. .was speaking to a friend that had surgery almost 2 yrs ago..she said in 2-3 wks. .I feel will feel completely better. .glad to hear that, wish I could fast forward time. .tomorrow I will be 1wk post op. Was telling her I don't have much pain from incisions, but I'm bloated and swelling. .she said I needed to give my stomach time to heal..Plus she said drink slowly..told her I was drinking my Protein Shake and I have a bottle of Water I'm sipping on..she told me I'm drinking too much and I'm putting to much fluids in my small stomach. .which is true cause I'm so afraid of being dehydrated I keep drinking water and drinking shakes to much. .I will slow down and see if I can get some relief. .cause my abdomen is extended big time and I'm VERY uncomfortable. .will keep u posted.

Had surgery last Tue 4/15..I'm so miserable. Also feel tired, no energy I get drained so fast. Only thing I can do is make something to eat, shower and I feel like I ran a marathon. I'm really regretting this also. Plus I'm started to feel hungry all the time. .stomach always freaking growling. .I'm a drinking my Water and high Protein shakes from doc. Taking my Vitamins daily. .I m just tired all the time. .I lost 6 lbs. .thought I would be happy, but I'm finding it hard to get happy when I feel fatigue most of the day. .haven't left the house since Tuesday when I got home from surgery. .I keep saying I want to walk outside in the evening. But I get tired and winded soooo fast. .really sad. .and I hear people say after 1wk. .they feel great and full of energy. .I have been sleeping on my coach since Tuesday. .can't lay flat in bed. Sorry for the long vent :-(

I had mine on 4/2 and read some of the posts about people with all this energy and walking and I'm like.. what?? I can hardly get a shower in..what's wrong with me.. So cut yourself some slack, everyone heals at a different pace. I am now 2 and 1/2 weeks out and I can finally walk about 2 miles. Each day I would push myself to walk a little more each day.. Listen to your body and don't compare yourself to everyone else.. if you're tired, you're tired. Good Luck.. it does get better.

Still not able to stand up straight myself. Feel so bloated. .was speaking to a friend that had surgery almost 2 yrs ago..she said in 2-3 wks. .I feel will feel completely better. .glad to hear that, wish I could fast forward time. .tomorrow I will be 1wk post op. Was telling her I don't have much pain from incisions, but I'm bloated and swelling. .she said I needed to give my stomach time to heal..Plus she said drink slowly..told her I was drinking my Protein Shake and I have a bottle of Water I'm sipping on..she told me I'm drinking too much and I'm putting to much fluids in my small stomach. .which is true cause I'm so afraid of being dehydrated I keep drinking water and drinking shakes to much. .I will slow down and see if I can get some relief. .cause my abdomen is extended big time and I'm VERY uncomfortable. .will keep u posted.

HI, I WAS SLEEVED ON.APRIL.9th and I SWEAR I THOUGHT I HAD THE WRONG SJRGERY FROM ALL THE PATIENT REVIEWS...LOL. FOR EXAMPLE: "I WAS SLEEVED A WEEK AGO, NO.PAIN! WALKED IN THE HOSPITAL SO.MUCH NOBODY COULD BELIEVE I HAD SURGERY, CAME HOME, WASHED 4 LOADS OF CLOTHES, MADE dinner, NOW HUBBY AND I ARE GOING TO A CARNIVAL WITH THE KIDS...I FEEL.GREAT!!!" LMBOOOOOO, NOW IM NOT MAKING FUN OF ANYONE WHO DID WELL, AND I.FULLY UNDERSTAND EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, BUT IM LIKE YOU GUYS!! I STILL HOLD MY RIGHT SIDE GETTING IN THE BED. THE PAIN AND BLOATING SEEMED TO LAST FOREVER, I WALKED BENT OVER UNABLE TO.WALK.UPRIGHT DUE To PAIN. TRUST ME, THE WAY YOUR FEELING IS NORMAL!! I TRY Protein Shakes, BUT I ONLY GET 2 SIPS IN. I WILL SAY THIS, WHEN YOU HEAR IT WILL.GET BETTER, IT REALLY DOES!!!! I WOKE UP ONE DAY AND I FELT SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER. PRAYING FOR YOU, HANG IN THERE!!

I am 6 moths out this week and I have had a total of 4 big stalls. 2 of them lasted more than 2 weeks. The weight will come off as long as you are eating healthy and exercising. The scale will fill like it's never going to move again but it will, just don't get discouraged if it doesn't move.

I've also had my days where I feel I could eat a normal sized meal. You are going to feel that way and it's normal. it will take you time to learn how your sleeve works. Everyone is a bit different. I know that in the morning I get full faster, and I am never hungry even after my 2 hour morning workouts. Usually in the afternoon I feel that I can eat more though.

Oy the opinions of well meaning parents! My mom had advice and suggestiosn liek that too. Our mom's mean well but really don't understand what we are going through. The weight will keep coming off, just hang in there!