Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommitting to my sleeve

I had my revision from band to sleeve about 6 months ago. I lost about 25 pounds in the first 3 months then nothing. I sometimes wonder if they forgot to do the sleeve as I can eat anything in larger amounts than most others. I know just because you can doesn't mean you should but the same was true before WLS and since I don't feel much if any different than before WLS it is really tough. Regardless I am here to publically recommit to following the rules of the sleeve regardless of the hunger that I constantly feel. Wish me luck and any words of encouragement or suggestions that have worked for you would be greatly appreciated!

A great way to "tighten" your sleeve is kickstart yourself with three days of just Protein shakes. It's hard, but it is just three days and you will be amazed at your restriction afterwards. I keep my sleeve tight with Protein shake days at least once a week and I continue to have excellent restriction at 8 months.

Good luck!

I had my revision from band to sleeve about 6 months ago. I lost about 25 pounds in the first 3 months then nothing. I sometimes wonder if they forgot to do the sleeve as I can eat anything in larger amounts than most others. I know just because you can doesn't mean you should but the same was true before WLS and since I don't feel much if any different than before WLS it is really tough. Regardless I am here to publically recommit to following the rules of the sleeve regardless of the hunger that I constantly feel. Wish me luck and any words of encouragement or suggestions that have worked for you would be greatly appreciated!

Look on the vets forum for 5:2. A lot of vets swear by it. Good luck

There are 3keys to that feeling of restriction. I am 28 months out, did not have one of those tiny sleeves and I weighed 143 this morning (started at 308) so I do have some expereince.

1 follow basic sleever rules of dense Proteins and veggies making up most of your intake. Trust me, chicken wrapped in lettuce is much more filling than sliders like crackers. Stay hydrated,don't drink with meals etc.

2. Eat small portions....sounds obvious but eating less at a time and getting used to eating till no longer hungry (rather than eating to be full) keeps a tighter feeling

3 eat seriously low carb. I am one of the 5:2 vets and we all do low carb as well. Carbs make me hungry.

You can do this!!!!

Thank you nmjg, seela and cowgirl Jane for the great advice and words of encouragement. I really needed and appreciate your insight. My 6 month follow up appointment is next week which is extra motivation to do everything I can to use my tool to the best of my ability.

I also want to mention that the closer you are to a normal BMI, the harder it is to lose. Once I was under about 190, I had to REALLY work to lose more.

That could be part of my issues and frustration too. I lost about 80 pounds with the band and about 25 so far with the sleeve. I am currently 199 pounds and goal is 165. I'm 5'9" so 165 would put me just barely into the normal bmi range.

I am recommiting today too. Had lapband in 2005 and initially lost 138 lbs. Had major complications (stuck, reflux, swelling etc) and have gained almot all of it back (still down about 50l). I am miserable and newly engaged (wedding in 2015). Not sure where to begin

Thank you for this post, and for all the replies. I am struggling as well. Had revision in August at 202, got down to 183 in November. Then went up to 194 by mid January.

I had my 6 month follow up in February, was 191, and the intern I met with (teaching hospital) gave me such a hard time. He was so rough on me. Instead of my next appointment at one year they told me to come in at 9 months out for a weight check. I cried for hours after that appt.

Anyway, I got back down to 184, and now I am eating my way back up. Was 186 on Sunday. This is so different from the band. I am eating too much. And not moving much. PMS is a killer, and I feel like a bottomless pit with no restriction.

The only way the scale moves is if I eliminate sugar and flour. After a week or so I am anxious and depressed. I add in some carbs, feel better and happy, then drift into overeating and feeling out of control and the scale goes up.

This is all I think about. Every hour of every day. What I'm eating and what I weight. Thank you for the tips posted. Starting again now.