Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Easter Dinner.. I watched

Got through dinner. I kept moving. Most people didn't realize I was eating. I went from room to room. But what surprised me was how much I watch other people. I finally noticed how much my family eats. What then surprised me how much food adults put on small children's plates!!! I am 6 days post op so this is a new experience for me.

I am also 6 days post-op and literally just experienced what you just experienced. Oddly enough, it wasn't difficult for me to just continue my own meal (consisting of medicine cups full of broth, Water, and jello). I noticed the alarming portion sizes and was almost astounded by the simple fact that I used to eat like that, if not more.

I am glad I am not the only person who had a "different" Easter. It actually wasn't too bad until the Easter ham was served and then my mouth started watering. :-)

I saved a piece to put in the freezer so when the time comes I can enjoy it.

Ok so I was the bad girl today. I did have chicken broth, sugar/fat free italian ice, Decaf tea, and I sucked the juice from a small piece of ham!!!!!!! Just couldnt help myself...

I am pre surgery and believe it or not I cooked and cleaned. I told my husband after no more because I cooked for grown women that can cook. They just didn't want to. It is hard enough on a liquid diet then having to cook for others. But I made it and did not cheat. Five days and I will be sleeved.

I had to experience my first buffet only 6 days post op. The good news was, it was at the hotel that my boyfriend is the Executive Chef of. We also sat on the terrace far away from all the food. He was kind enough to have yummy broth and runny oatmeal made for me. We had so many plates on the table that I didn't look out of place. I'm surprised how well it went :) I also still don't have much of an appetite, so temptation wasn't an issue. I think once I'm on solid foods, that story may change :)

Happy Easter!

I had my surgery on April 14th - I too had my first Easter with my newly shaped parts - I noticed that our family really revolves around food - and my sticking to the Protein shake was a weird experience for everyone. I found the smells of the food were overwhelming and I have no appetite yet so resisting them was easy at this point. I notice that people don't like change and I may have to arrange holiday get togethers around things other than meal times. But maybe it will be easier as I get further along.

I've lost 25 lbs since the pre op diet and people commented that I was looking good - not everyone knows about the surgery so I am still feeling that out.

Lots to learn. I will really appreciate the support here.

I am glad I am not the only person who had a "different" Easter. It actually wasn't too bad until the Easter ham was served and then my mouth started watering. :-) I saved a piece to put in the freezer so when the time comes I can enjoy it.

my uncle burnt the ham!!! So I was so happy. I know that's sad!!!!

My first Easter post op too 4/14 was surgery , my NUT told me I could have mashed potatoes though, so I had a teaspoon of it had my Protein Shake before everyone else ate - no one questioned me!

My first Easter post op too 4/14 was surgery , my NUT told me I could have mashed potatoes though, so I had a teaspoon of it had my Protein Shake before everyone else ate - no one questioned me!

what is NUT?

I had mashed potatoes !!! No one noticed!! But the amount of food people eat is crazy !!! I wonder why people have weight problems!!!

what is NUT?

Nutritionist

I am pre surgery and believe it or not I cooked and cleaned. I told my husband after no more because I cooked for grown women that can cook. They just didn't want to. It is hard enough on a liquid diet then having to cook for others. But I made it and did not cheat. Five days and I will be sleeved.

Me, too! It kinda sucks to make a nice meal for your family and not be able to eat it! I will be sleeved the day after tomorrow. :)

Me, too! It kinda sucks to make a nice meal for your family and not be able to eat it! I will be sleeved the day after tomorrow. :)

. Congratulations and good luck. Remember to walk as soon as you can. Walking helps with the gas pain. Each day will be better.

I had my surgery on 4/16 and I did the same thing and watched everyone eat on Easter Sunday. Although I was more worried about my family feeling bad for me. I have to say I really didn't want to eat. I'm so afraid for stretching my pouch and doing something wrong. I definitely do not want my sleeve procedure to have been done for nothing. But sitting and watching was a challenge for sure. We have to stay focused I guess and always keep in mind that this is a lifestyle change.