Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair Loss,,,,,,,,,,,,, anyone else having this issue?

Is anyone else losing hair? How long does it last?

I am a few months ahead of you but my hair is falling out like crazy - bought some Biotin both oral and to apply topically to wet hair - I hope it gets better soon

Nothing you can do about the hair loss although Biotin helps with the regrowth. It is one of the most hated side effects of the surgery - but it passes.

Mine started at 3 months, which is when it usually starts, and went on until I was 8 months out. I lost half the volume of my hair, but gritted my teeth because as it fell out, my weight was dropping. Strangely enough, I had always had "big" hair to balance out the rest of me. But as I shrank, it seemed to matter less as there was less to balance out, lol. But when it got bad I used Toppik, keratin hair fibres you puff into the roots of your hair and by magic, you look like you have lots of hair again!

As I head for my first anniversary, my hair is well back to looking like it used to - and I now have the advantage of being a size 6/8.

Hang in there, it won't be forever - and it was a small price to pay :-))))

It has to be the most frustrating side effect of the surgery for me. All the Biotin, Vitamins, shampoos or Protein didnt stop mine from falling out :/ I am at 6 months out and from what I read around here it lasts from month 3 through the first year....

According to my stylist, mine is thinning..I was sleeved Dec 2, 2013.

I DO take oral Biotin am/pm with hopes of having healthier hair when I reach goal.

This has crossed my mind, although I haven't been sleeved yet but I already have kind of thin hair, I wonder if Women's Rogain has ever been used by WLS patients and it worked. I have never heard one person mention it...on any site or YouTube video!

This has crossed my mind, although I haven't been sleeved yet but I already have kind of thin hair, I wonder if Women's Rogain has ever been used by WLS patients and it worked. I have never heard one person mention it...on any site or YouTube video!

Mine started at just over 3 months, I'm at 6 months tomorrow. It was HORRIBLE at 4 1/2-5 1/2 months. It seems to be slowing down some now... we'll see

Mine started at just over 2 months post-op and I'm still losing at 5 months, although it is slowing now. I can see regrowth which is promising, but it's depressing.

My doc OK'd taking Biotin and Folic Acid, though some docs say nothing is going to help with the loss. I use Nioxin Shampoo and a product called Toppik to hide the bald spots.

I had massive Hair loss so just chopped it all off and wore a bandana for a while. The new growth is coming back through now so I'm happy. It's a small price to pay for losing so much weight.

Mine started at just over 3 months, I'm at 6 months tomorrow. It was HORRIBLE at 4 1/2-5 1/2 months. It seems to be slowing down some now... we'll see

. I am I the same boat. Seems robe slowing at 6 months

Mrs. Havelock you look TERRIFIC! WAY TO GO!!!!!