Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy Easter Candy Batman

I'm supposed to be on my preop diet for the 29th.

I have three kids and it's time to put together their Easter baskets. I didn't get much candy this year on purpose and didn't get any of my favorites but there's chocolate in the closet and I feel like it's calling my name.

Help!!!!! I don't want to loose my chance at this by gaining weight.

This suxxxxxxxx

didn't get much candy this year on purpose

@@pinkbarbie

I thought i heard some noise coming from the closet :D

it might be calling your name - but pretend "they" have the wrong # and don't answer the phone :lol:

good for you by not buying much of candy you like (i do that too for halloween)

pre-op people/you need/should prove to yourself (and doc) that you are strong, and will work hard with the sleeve

stay strong - when/if you reach out for that piece of candy with your left hand.............

let the right hand reach over and slap it, saying "knock it off!!! ;) !!

you work with the sleeve and the sleeve will work with you!!! :)

temptation is a 4 ltr word :wacko:

many/most/all/you/me will have to deal with it for the rest of our healthier, happier, longer lives :)

i know you are strong

i see B) the determination in your eyes

you will be successful!!!!

happy easter :)

good luck with surgery

speedy recovery :)

kathy

Picture how much of that candy is in one store, all the store in you town, your state, your country, the world. A lot right? You don't have to eat it, there will be some later when it is a better time. That's what I tell myself and it helps! Also, put on some scented lotion and lip balm.. The smooth feel and yummy smell is distracting.

Lynda

It does suck but stay strong. if I were you I would have the kids put their candy away some place you won't have to look at it tomorrow. And then if there is extra candy take it to work or give to neighbors or throw it away.

Oh Pinkbarbie, I completely understand! I just did my two daughter's Easter baskets, and now as adults it's more something I do just for fun. I bought only one bag of chocolate eggs, and the rest all things like dried fruit, some fun special cooking ingredients they like but can't afford, bubble bath, and the like. But darned if those chocolate eggs don't call out louder than the champagne Orange Vinegar I got them, or the Black Pearl rice! Sigh. I love those things, and made a deal with my pre-op self (we have surgery on the same day,) that I could have ONE little chocolate egg, and only one. I even said it out loud, lol. And that's all I've had. I know I really should not have even half that, but it was a good limit and I feel good about sticking with it. Oddly enough, having had one and set that as my boundary, it made all those other chocolate eggs quiet down! I hope your closet quiet down to, and that you are able to get some peace of mind from the chocolate cacophony. Hang in there, it'll be worth it. And by the way, Happy Easter everyone!

Oh Pinkbarbie, I completely understand! I just did my two daughter's Easter baskets, and now as adults it's more something I do just for fun. I bought only one bag of chocolate eggs, and the rest all things like dried fruit, some fun special cooking ingredients they like but can't afford, bubble bath, and the like. But darned if those chocolate eggs don't call out louder than the champagne Orange Vinegar I got them, or the Black Pearl rice! Sigh. I love those things, and made a deal with my pre-op self (we have surgery on the same day,) that I could have ONE little chocolate egg, and only one. I even said it out loud, lol. And that's all I've had. I know I really should not have even half that, but it was a good limit and I feel good about sticking with it. Oddly enough, having had one and set that as my boundary, it made all those other chocolate eggs quiet down! I hope your closet quiet down to, and that you are able to get some peace of mind from the chocolate cacophony. Hang in there, it'll be worth it. And by the way, Happy Easter everyone!

LOL> I totally let myself have one Hershey's Milk Chocolate Miniature. And that's it!!! I am actually proud of myself

It does suck but stay strong. if I were you I would have the kids put their candy away some place you won't have to look at it tomorrow. And then if there is extra candy take it to work or give to neighbors or throw it away.

I'll have to remember that

didn't get much candy this year on purpose

@@pinkbarbie

I thought i heard some noise coming from the closet :D

it might be calling your name - but pretend "they" have the wrong # and don't answer the phone :lol:

good for you by not buying much of candy you like (i do that too for halloween)

pre-op people/you need/should prove to yourself (and doc) that you are strong, and will work hard with the sleeve

stay strong - when/if you reach out for that piece of candy with your left hand.............

let the right hand reach over and slap it, saying "knock it off!!! ;) !!

you work with the sleeve and the sleeve will work with you!!! :)

temptation is a 4 ltr word :wacko:

many/most/all/you/me will have to deal with it for the rest of our healthier, happier, longer lives :)

i know you are strong

i see B) the determination in your eyes

you will be successful!!!!

happy easter :)

good luck with surgery

speedy recovery :)

kathy

LOL YOURE TOO FUNNY!!!!

Hi everyone I understand because where I work the chef make such nice food and the hot cross Buns, my weakest is chocolate, and cakes , I was eating everything I wanted with out control over my self and that's y I am here and now I trying so hard, my surgery is next month and want to practice doing the Protein shakes, my nut said to have eggs for Breakfast and two fruits for Snacks a shake for lunch and Protein for dinner, the first three days I had sugar headache so bad and this is my third week,during the last two weeks I had two birthday party's , a baby shower , and now Easter , I don't know how to search inside myself and find my strength but I am fighting every day, and the worst part I only told my kids about me doing the surgery.

Hi everyone I understand because where I work the chef make such nice food and the hot cross buns, my weakest is chocolate, and cakes , I was eating everything I wanted with out control over my self and that's y I am here and now I trying so hard, my surgery is next month and want to practice doing the Protein Shakes, my nut said to have eggs for Breakfast and two fruits for Snacks a shake for lunch and protein for dinner, the first three days I had sugar headache so bad and this is my third week,during the last two weeks I had two birthday party's , a baby shower , and now Easter , I don't know how to search inside myself and find my strength but I am fighting every day, and the worst part I only told my kids about me doing the surgery.

Hi everyone I understand because where I work the chef make such nice food and the hot cross buns, my weakest is chocolate, and cakes , I was eating everything I wanted with out control over my self and that's y I am here and now I trying so hard, my surgery is next month and want to practice doing the Protein Shakes, my nut said to have eggs for breakfast and two fruits for snacks a shake for lunch and protein for dinner, the first three days I had sugar headache so bad and this is my third week,during the last two weeks I had two birthday party's , a baby shower , and now Easter , I don't know how to search inside myself and find my strength but I am fighting every day, and the worst part I only told my kids about me doing the surgery.

Hi everyone I understand because where I work the chef make such nice food and the hot cross buns, my weakest is chocolate, and cakes , I was eating everything I wanted with out control over my self and that's y I am here and now I trying so hard, my surgery is next month and want to practice doing the protein shakes, my nut said to have eggs for breakfast and two fruits for snacks a shake for lunch and protein for dinner, the first three days I had sugar headache so bad and this is my third week,during the last two weeks I had two birthday party's , a baby shower , and now Easter , I don't know how to search inside myself and find my strength but I am fighting every day, and the worst part I only told my kids about me doing the surgery.

Hi everyone I understand because where I work the chef make such nice food and the hot cross buns, my weakest is chocolate, and cakes , I was eating everything I wanted with out control over my self and that's y I am here and now I trying so hard, my surgery is next month and want to practice doing the protein shakes, my nut said to have eggs for breakfast and two fruits for snacks a shake for lunch and protein for dinner, the first three days I had sugar headache so bad and this is my third week,during the last two weeks I had two birthday party's , a baby shower , and now Easter , I don't know how to search inside myself and find my strength but I am fighting every day, and the worst part I only told my kids about me doing the surgery.