Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello all! my name is Lisa, and i was sleeved in Mexico 2 weeks ago (march 27th, 2015) by Dr Maytorena. i had a great experience, and am feeling great! i live in Central Suffolk

Congrats Lisa. Hope you can make it tomorrow.

hello all! my name is Lisa, and i was sleeved in Mexico 2 weeks ago (march 27th, 2015) by Dr Maytorena. i had a great experience, and am feeling great! i live in Central Suffolk

Congrats Lisa. Hope you can make it tomorrow.

I wish I could, but I have swim lessons with my children and I despise traveling into the city, lol

Just an update that while it was a small turnout, it was still a lovely afternoon and the conversation was quite enjoyable.

We are working on holding the summer meeting on Long Island this time because we know that some folks can't/won't travel into Manhattan.

We will keep you posted on the next meeting once we have firmed up the date.

Have a great Sunday everyone and enjoy the day!

It was a nice day to be out and about in the city! I promise LI people I am working on securing a venue on Long Island. I recently was at the Huntington Library for a training class and it has an awesome venue with lots of rooms and spaces for events. I am waiting to see if we might "qualify" to reserve a room there for a meeting. Keep you all informed.

In the mean time here was the handout from our last meeting. It is all about Spring renewal. How are you cleaning out for Spring?

I know this Sunday, Hubby and I went through the house and discarded some old things that had been piling up and got some work done in and around the house that needed doing. Even the doggies all got a bath. We have so much more to do, but with the renewal of the sun in our lives, I have more energy and want to get up and out more to get more done. I'm invigorated and inspired to clear out the old, dust off the cob webs and get things moving again!! How about you?

5 Steps of Self-Renew For Spring!

It's a time of new beginnings, a fresh start. A time of blossoming and renewal.

Are you feeling it? Are you making room in your life for it?

This is a great time to take stock of what is and isn't working in our lives internally as well as externally, and take the necessary steps to let go and move forward.

This is sometimes as easy as clearing out your closet and donating old clothes, and sometimes as challenging as letting go of those good relationships to make room for great ones.

Sometimes it requires looking within and seeing what unforgiving, hurtful, critical, and separation-causing behaviors and attitudes we hold on to (often unconsciously) that keep us from our joy, connection and fulfillment.

Easier said than done, I know. But so worth it, and ultimately necessary to realize your highest potential in health and life.

It's like shedding snakeskin.

Here are 5 Steps for “Shedding” gracefully:

1. Awareness is the first step.

Identify the behavior, perspective, or attitude that no longer serves you.

- This can be done with the help of someone you trust, love and who only wants the best for you.

- This can also be done through self-reflection and introspection. It takes a great deal of courage, honesty and humility to accept the areas of ourselves that need refinement or to let go of things that are no longer for our greatest and best.

2. Forgive yourself.

Self-compassion is important. No good comes from beating yourself up and feeling guilty. Recognize that you did the best you could at the time and now you know better.

3. Create space.

Science has shown us that neurons that fire together, wire together. Meaning that many of our responses are automatic due to past conditioning. By giving yourself time before reacting, consider the outcome of your words and actions and choose a higher route. This may feel uncomfortable at first, but give it time and new neural pathways will form.

4. Use tools to remind you of your intention.

Try using affirmations or intention statements as regular reminders of the seeds you are planting and watering within yourself. Use sticky notes and the “Tell Me Later” app, which sets off an alarm every hour, or so with the statement written in the present positive “I am…” When the alarm goes off, take a moment to repeat the statement 3 times and breathe in deeply.

5. Know you will be tested.

Situations and challenges will continue to come up to test your new resolve. When they do, remember Step 3. Create space and repeat your intention to yourself. Breathe deep and choose a more positive and loving response. Some days will be easier than others. When you revert to past behavior remember Step 2: be kind, compassionate and forgiving of yourself. With time and practice, it will become easier and easier. Rinse and repeat.

With each layer of snakeskin you shed, you become more and more the change you want to see in the world, more of your light shines through and illuminates the way for others.

And with every change, a reward. Greater joy. More peace. Less drama. New friends. More courage and strength. Better health. More fun! A process.

It was a nice day to be out and about in the city! I promise LI people I am working on securing a venue on Long Island. I recently was at the Huntington Library for a training class and it has an awesome venue with lots of rooms and spaces for events. I am waiting to see if we might "qualify" to reserve a room there for a meeting. Keep you all informed.

In the mean time here was the handout from our last meeting. It is all about Spring renewal. How are you cleaning out for Spring?

I know this Sunday, Hubby and I went through the house and discarded some old things that had been piling up and got some work done in and around the house that needed doing. Even the doggies all got a bath. We have so much more to do, but with the renewal of the sun in our lives, I have more energy and want to get up and out more to get more done. I'm invigorated and inspired to clear out the old, dust off the cob webs and get things moving again!! How about you?

5 Steps of Self-Renew For Spring!

It's a time of new beginnings, a fresh start. A time of blossoming and renewal.

Are you feeling it? Are you making room in your life for it?

This is a great time to take stock of what is and isn't working in our lives internally as well as externally, and take the necessary steps to let go and move forward.

This is sometimes as easy as clearing out your closet and donating old clothes, and sometimes as challenging as letting go of those good relationships to make room for great ones.

Sometimes it requires looking within and seeing what unforgiving, hurtful, critical, and separation-causing behaviors and attitudes we hold on to (often unconsciously) that keep us from our joy, connection and fulfillment.

Easier said than done, I know. But so worth it, and ultimately necessary to realize your highest potential in health and life.

It's like shedding snakeskin.

Here are 5 Steps for “Shedding” gracefully:

1. Awareness is the first step.

Identify the behavior, perspective, or attitude that no longer serves you.

- This can be done with the help of someone you trust, love and who only wants the best for you.

- This can also be done through self-reflection and introspection. It takes a great deal of courage, honesty and humility to accept the areas of ourselves that need refinement or to let go of things that are no longer for our greatest and best.

2. Forgive yourself.

Self-compassion is important. No good comes from beating yourself up and feeling guilty. Recognize that you did the best you could at the time and now you know better.

3. Create space.

Science has shown us that neurons that fire together, wire together. Meaning that many of our responses are automatic due to past conditioning. By giving yourself time before reacting, consider the outcome of your words and actions and choose a higher route. This may feel uncomfortable at first, but give it time and new neural pathways will form.

4. Use tools to remind you of your intention.

Try using affirmations or intention statements as regular reminders of the seeds you are planting and watering within yourself. Use sticky notes and the “Tell Me Later” app, which sets off an alarm every hour, or so with the statement written in the present positive “I am…” When the alarm goes off, take a moment to repeat the statement 3 times and breathe in deeply.

5. Know you will be tested.

Situations and challenges will continue to come up to test your new resolve. When they do, remember Step 3. Create space and repeat your intention to yourself. Breathe deep and choose a more positive and loving response. Some days will be easier than others. When you revert to past behavior remember Step 2: be kind, compassionate and forgiving of yourself. With time and practice, it will become easier and easier. Rinse and repeat.

With each layer of snakeskin you shed, you become more and more the change you want to see in the world, more of your light shines through and illuminates the way for others.

And with every change, a reward. Greater joy. More peace. Less drama. New friends. More courage and strength. Better health. More fun! A process.

Hi Lisa,

I can look into the Plainview Library for us. It also has many meeting rooms.

What do I tell them about our group to see if we "qualify?" How do I describe us and what do I tell them we are looking for in terms of space, time, etc.??

Let me know if you want me to pursue it there....

Great handout. Happy Spring to all!

@@sleeveee sure go for it!

You can let them know that we are a support group that is open to all who wish to join.they may ask you how many people, I usually say to expect approx 10 people.

Dates and times would be when they are available. I could make evenings work, from 7-9 and or Saturday's from 2-4 just need enough time prior to the date to let people know about it.

If they ask any other questions you can always PM and I will help to answer as best I can. :)

Hello Long Island NYC Chapter.

Just wanted to send a quick message that I'm well & continue to lose weight since my VSG surgery 101414. Although I haven't been able to attend a meeting since just before my surgery I do grab a view on BP to see what's new with you all.

I have been back on the road for work & just missed the last gathering in NYC. I see your looking for a LI meeting location let know if you need a resident sponsor for Huntington. They have great meeting rooms but it can take months to get on the calendar.

Just had my 6 month followup appt today with Dr Christine Ren. Can't believe it's been 6 month with no problems & a slow but steady weight loss. I've lost 76 lbs to date & I have so much energy!!! My challenges are getting enough Protein in & exercise when I'm on the road for work. I work in healthcare- long hours 12 hour shifts with no days off for 3 weeks or more then it home for a normal life & to recharge.

Hoping once you set the next meeting I will in town & can attend. Until them keep the stories & the inspiration coming. It helps!!!

@@Jyoyonomore It would be wonderful if you would be able to inquire about the rooms at the Huntington Library! I think you have to live in the town, I work in Bethpage and I live further out on the East End.

Let me know if you would like to meet up one evening and perhaps we can speak further.

Hello all! I'm new to the site and I'm hoping this group still meets. Currently I'm pre-op with a surgery date of 8/10 (cross fingers that my insurance company approves)

post-169008-14378468251164_thumb.jpg post-169008-1437846836172_thumb.jpghey guys. If you're in the New York area August 1st and 2nd there is a 2 day WLS event. The first is a meet and greet the second is a Brooklyn Bridge walk followed by a pot luck picnic. Details are in the flyer. RSVP @ weightlossneetupnyc@gmail.com

Labor Day is gone and even though it's still hot out, the summer is surely going to be on the wane soon. School has started and it's time for renewing friendships and thinking about those crisp early mornings and the colors of Fall...blazing reds, golden yellows, and sunshiney oranges.

In anticipation of the season, the next NYC/LI chapter F2F Support Group Meeting is going to be on October 17th from 2PM till 4 PM

We will be meeting at The Atrium at 805 Third Avenue.

The building is on Third Ave between 49th and 50th Streets.

The Atrium is at the back of the space on the lower level past the shops.

We are looking forward to seeing many of our forum friends there for a fun filled afternoon. We hope to share a bit of information, education, and ultimately support with our friends!!!

So mark your calendars today forum friends and make plans to spend a beautiful Autumn afternoon in NYC.

If any Jersey friends want to attend, please feel free to cross the Hudson and join us.

Doesn't look like I'll be able to make this one ???????? boo

East Village checking in. Banded six years ago this month. To be absolutely accurate, banded twice within one week six years ago this month. No matter. I love my surgeon.

In the first 15 months, give or take a week or so, I lost 115 lbs, able to see my goal of another 40ish lbs. Then ran into a snag, ahem, and, since 2/2011, have regained much of what I'd lost. Had a few brief periods between then and now where I started losing again, managed to drop approx 20 lbs each time, and then undone the good work.

Now, beside wanting to get back on track, I have some other med concerns, each with a mandate to exercise, which brings me to the point. I have a hell of a hard time getting myself to the gym, which is the 14th St. Y between 1st & 2nd. I know that, if anyone here is a member of that Y and would agree to as little as meeting at the front door and walking in together, I'd do it. Once in, of course, each of us would do her/his/her own thing because we'd be at different levels. Anyone up for it? Any takers?

I also have the feeling that there is another forum where I can post the same thing for local people as well as have my own topic heading. I think that would help make connections. If you can tell me where/which forum that is, I'd most appreciate. BP is so dense that I'm still navigating it in fits and starts.

Laurie

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch