Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any delaware sleevers?

Hello Everyone,

I'm 3-weeks post-op and doing well. I feel great. Are there any support groups in the area aside from the one offered by Christiana Care?

Hello Everyone,

I'm 3-weeks post-op and doing well. I feel great. Are there any support groups in the area aside from the one offered by Christiana Care?

I go to Kent General in Dover and I think they have one in Milford. Do a goggle search for Bariatric Support group in "your town"..

Hi everyone...I'm also from Delaware. I'm on track to have my surgery in February with Dr Peters. My clearance appt is schedules in January. Was anyone's surgery at Wilmington Hospital? How was your experience?

I had mine there on Oct 20th, the staff and room was great, Dr. Peters is wonderful skilled surgeon. You are in great hands...

How was the process after your final clearance appt? Mine is scheduled for Jan 14th and then everything will be sent to my insurance co. How long was it until you got approved, appt with surgeron and surgery date? I'm getting anxious and excited.

How was the process after your final clearance appt? Mine is scheduled for Jan 14th and then everything will be sent to my insurance co. How long was it until you got approved, appt with surgeron and surgery date? I'm getting anxious and excited.

My PMRI Medical clearance was 9/10/2014. Surgical Clearance from Dr Peters was 9/25/14. Surgery date was 10/20/2014. My date was about a week later than normal because my EDG found I had H -pylori and had to take antibiotic for 14 days. Insurance approval to about 10 days. Everything goes fast except the liquid diet...LOL...

Dr. Peters is doing my vgs. Surgery is Jan 12 and I am on the Protein Shakes now day 4. lol I have waited a long time for this.

Just as a reminder, please put on your calendar the first meeting of the Bariatric Pal Local Support Group. The date is January 15, 2015 @ 5:30 PM @Whatcoat United Methodist Church (18 North Main Street Camden, DE). The meeting will be on Second Floor in the Adult Sunday School Room (middle section of office section of the church) for now. I hope the Community Center will be available soon.

Please fill free to invite anyone Pre- or Post-surgery who is seeking support.

Hello everyone! I live in Dover and I'm going to have gastric bypass surgery with Dr. Irgau. I'm looking at June for my surgery date if all goes well. I hope to make it to the next support group meeting in Camden.

Hello everyone! I live in Dover and I'm going to have gastric bypass surgery with Dr. Irgau. I'm looking at June for my surgery date if all goes well. I hope to make it to the next support group meeting in Camden.

Great News, we meet every third Thursday of the month so next meeting is February 19, 2015 at 5:30 pm. The Community Center may be completed and we may meet there. I will update later but you park at same place so they are close.

Just as a reminder, please put on your calendar the Second meeting of the Bariatric Pal Local Support Group. The date is February 19, 2015 @ 5:30 PM @Whatcoat United Methodist Church (18 North Main Street Camden, DE). The meeting will be on Second Floor in the Adult Sunday School Room (middle section of office section of the church) for now. I hope the Community Center will be available soon.

Please fill free to invite anyone Pre- or Post-surgery who is seeking support. Text me if you need more info 302-632-8111.

Just as a reminder, please put on your calendar the Third meeting of the Bariatric Pal Local Support Group. The date is March 19, 2015 @ 5:30 PM @Whatcoat United Methodist Church (18 North Main Street Camden, DE). The meeting will be on Second Floor in the Adult Sunday School Room (middle section of office section of the church) for now. I hope the Community Center will be available soon.

Please fill free to invite anyone Pre- or Post-surgery who is seeking support. Text me if you need more info 302-632-8111.

Hi everyone. I'm in lower slower. Had surgery at PRMC in November. Loved my surgeon Dr. Waked. I saw the posts about the support group in Camden. Does anyone know if there are any near Seaford? Also are well behaved children welcome? I have special needs kids so getting a sitter is impossible. They really are good. In fact when I went for a nutrition class the doctor didn't even know they were there until they stood up to leave. Thanks in advance.

B Autumn, welcome to the other side! Hope things are going well. Bay Health has a Support Group in Milford. I am not aware of any in Seaford.

However, I run the Camden group, and we are very small group right now and we probably can work around this childcare issue for now. I would rather you get the support that you need. You must understand that as the group grows in size and anyone can attend that there may be inappropriate subjects that may get discussed in front of your kids and at some point this may not work as well for you or me.

This Month I will be moving from the Church over to the W B Simpson Community Center and will have more choices of meeting rooms to work from. So Please join us if you can.

The next meeting is April 16 @ 5:30- 6:30 pm.

Just as a reminder, please put on your calendar the Fifth meeting of the Bariatric Pal Local Support Group. Is today May 21, 2015 @ 5:30 PM @Whatcoat United Methodist Church (18 North Main Street Camden, DE). The Community Center is now available and we will meet there for their tonight. I will try to watch for some folks still trying to go to the church.