Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have already had the sleeve but just wanted to say hello. I'm in OC too. Are you having surgery in June? Who is your surgeon and hospital? I had mine at St. Joes in Orange and Dr. Pham is my surgeon.

:)

Hi Alex. I am interested in leading an Orange County group. I have had two weight loss surgeries (band then sleeve) and am very comfortable talking to people. I'm not just good at talking, but listening and remembering what people have shared with me.

I am a stay at home mom and have a very open schedule.

If anyone is in OC and reading this, feel free to message me! Let me know if you already attend a support group and if there's anything you feel should be talked about more (or talked about less). I would love suggestion from others.

Have a great weekend!

Jen

Hi Jen I would love to support you in administering an Orange County group. Where are you located & where would you like to meet?

Hi Jen, I'm having the sleeve scheduled for June 2 with Dr. Mir Amir at Fountain Valley Regional Medical Center. I have a hiatal hernia which I've heard makes it very painful to swallow. I'm pretty scared at this point because my coordinator has changed my physician from a very experienced physician to a less experienced physician. So I'm feeling fortunate that you're willing to give me support. Thank you!

I am also in Orange county Calif, but my work schedule is a variable schedule , I live near Brea, Fullerton and Yorba linda, and I tried to go to a couple of support groups but they wouldn't let me because I did not have surgery with that Doctor, so I have been doing this through support on here from some great people.

hi Jen and

Happy Easter! congrats on ur successes and that u want to start a support group.there are some great people in here who will help u i'm sure.all the best to u,martha

Hi everyone! I am in the city of Orange. I honestly have no idea where we could meet. I'm sure I could do some research and figure something out. I'm open to meeting somewhere else too (Brea, Irvine). Anyone have any ideas about a meeting spot?

I am spending the rest of my Easter with family so I may not be back on today but I will definitely be back tomorrow.

Happy Easter friends!

Jen

Hi Jen, I'm having the sleeve scheduled for June 2 with Dr. Mir Amir at Fountain Valley Regional Medical Center. I have a hiatal hernia which I've heard makes it very painful to swallow. I'm pretty scared at this point because my coordinator has changed my physician from a very experienced physician to a less experienced physician. So I'm feeling fortunate that you're willing to give me support. Thank you!

Why did they change you to the other surgeon? That's a bummer. But if its someone who was working with an experienced surgeon then they know what they are doing.

I know a few people from the site who had hernia repairs at the same time. It does make recovery more challenging. But it will be worth it.

I don't live in California but I have suggestion that you might try a library to use one of their rooms possibly.

Just a suggestion there ay community centers , I know of one in Brea and there is one in Brea , I a pretty sure there are in most of our cites and also some of the Hospitals like UCI and Placentenia Linda , just a thought I think the UCI Hospital is on City Drive in Orange.

I love that people are willing to open their homes to us! I also can look into community centers and libraries. I feel like larger hospitals that have bariatric programs (like UCI, St. Joseph's...) may not want us to meet there because they already facilitate their own program's group. But smaller hospitals like Placentia-Linda may have rooms for us to use.

For those willing to let us meet at your house, what days and times would be available? When do we want to have our first meeting?