Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All natural vitamins?

I am really sensitive to artificial sweeteners and deathly allergic to aspartame. I do not care too much for a lot of sweet anyways. Does anyone know of any all natural preferably organic, non-gmo chewable or liquid Vitamins or Calcium supplements. I get sick when I take the ones that were given to me.

I find the idea strange to add artificial sweeteners and chemicals to my diet to get healthy when I have always done homemade, organic, non processed.

Hi there, I'm with you on artificial sweeteners and just how unnecessarily sweet everything is now. Sugars of all kinds in everything, along with other crap we don't need to put in our bodies. Amazing there is not more of an outcry about GMOs in this country -- so many others, even China, have restrictions but it seems like we are just determined to let big industry poison us. In England the MacDonald''s fries have three ingredients. In the US, 17 ingredients!

As for Vitamins, I use the Vitamin Shoppe on-line to look for what I need. They have lots and lots of brands. You can search on organic, etc. Good luck to you!

Vitamins are not subject to strict FDA regulations. All natural really means nothing. It’s a marketing phase. For example, a man made substance is all natural since man is natural. In Washington State when the GMO labeling law got shut down hard by the voters guess who wrote the bill? Whole foods and several Vitamin manufacturers. For some reason (wink, wink) they made themselves along with restaurants exempt from the labeling law. Turns out even the organic guys can get away with some GMO products and still be considered exempt. Organic growers also use the same BT bacteria that some say is dangerous in GMO corn. One needs a heavy background in science and chemistry to really grasp the GMO topic. As I like to say 1 trillion served and not one tummy ache.

The main thing I want is no artificial sweeteners or no sweeteners at all natural or not as I cannot have most of them.

Vitamins are not subject to strict FDA regulations. All natural really means nothing. It’s a marketing phase. For example, a man made substance is all natural since man is natural. In Washington State when the GMO labeling law got shut down hard by the voters guess who wrote the bill? Whole foods and several Vitamin manufacturers. For some reason (wink, wink) they made themselves along with restaurants exempt from the labeling law. Turns out even the organic guys can get away with some GMO products and still be considered exempt. Organic growers also use the same BT bacteria that some say is dangerous in GMO corn. One needs a heavy background in science and chemistry to really grasp the GMO topic. As I like to say 1 trillion served and not one tummy ache.

I take the adora chewable Calcium disks. I belie yet fit your requirements :) kind of on the more spendy side but worth it for me. I save in other places ;).

Try Source of Life Gold and Garden of Life Raw Code Vitamins. They are both whole food based and come in tablet, chewable, capsules and gummies. I take the capsules because all chewable vitamins taste too sweet to me postop.

Lots of great things to look into. thanks

I love this topic. First Vitamin manufactures are not regulated, there for when the bottle says “all natural” it means nothing. All Natural can be anything man made because man if part of nature so all natural can describe anything man made. Second, we have been eating GMO foods for most of our life. The anti GMO thing is a relatively new politically motivated set of ideas not based on science. Remember the cancerous French rat tests that started the controversy. Turns out they were bogus and the study has been withdrawn. As I like to say 1 trillion served and not one tummy ache. Another misnomer, produce labeled organic are not GMO’s. Not true read the FDA’s protocol for organic produce. It’s actually very vague on the percentage of GMO allowed to still be considered organic. If you don’t believe me look up the FDA guide lines. Last year on the west coast there were many attempts to force the farmer to label GMO products sold at the grocery. In all western states the law did not pass muster with the voters. Part reason is because the laws were written in such a way that stores such as whole foods, Vitamin manufacturers and restaurants were exempt from the labeling protocol. In essence, this was a move by whole foods and the others mention to increase their market share.

The GMO thing always makes me roll my eyes. Do you know how many life saving medications are produced by manipulating the DNA of organisms?! One that may hit "close to home" for a lot of people on here is insulin. To produce it, Insulin producing DNA is injected into the genetic strand of a bacteria. (E. coli is used more often than not) The bacteria then duplicate like crazy and the insulin is extract from the bacteria Soup. Without manipulating genetics, there would be no insulin for millions of diabetics and/or it would be ungodly expensive.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread with my rant)

I am good with life saving GMOs. Science has come up with some wonderful things.

I am also good with crops that are made stronger through modifications that do not have any negative environmental or health impact. It is the ones that the plant has round up or includes pesticides. Some that kill bees. Some that GMO crops have traces of pesticides and other not good for you things show up in the food items produced that I have a problem with. I know these things are to help them grow and produce more but the price may be too high if we poison ourselves with our crops.

Other countries have outlawed these kinds of modifications but not the US.

I am also good with sustainable for meat sources. Meaning a herd of animals can have a medication or antibiotic i ill but not constantly as a preventative. I am anti growth hormones too.