Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long to take off with a more physical job?

Hi everyone,

My surgery is in 6 days and I am a little concerned that I might not have taken enough time off work afterwords.

My situation is a little unique because I am self employed and run a portrait and wedding photography business. I plan to take a full week completely to fully rest. Then an additional 4 weeks to work only in my office and not shooting or out in the field as it is a very physical job which can include quite a bit of lifting, climbing, squatting, etc.

So my question is, when you're 5 weeks out from surgery, is it realistic to return to a fairly active job with out any chances of injury?

Thanks so much!!

I farm. Went back to work one week after surgery. Took it easy. No lifting anything. Haven't looked back.had surgery march 24 2014. I find everything lots easier if you just stay busy... Good luck!!!!

All I can say is I am only 3 days post-op. I feel great and don't even feel like I've had surgery. I went on a 1 mile walk tonight. As far as lifting and such, I would probably take it pretty easy for at least a month. I could have went back to work part time yesterday (2 days post-op) I honestly feel that good. Good luck to you.

I got 8 weeks off, I work at UPS and are required to lift up to 70lbs. So I was worried about it. They were going to send me back at 6 weeks, but I told the PA about the amount of lifting and he gave me two more weeks off.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products