Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb or not....

Thanks to everyone on this post for sharing your story as to what has been working for you...

I have been eating too many carbs...I do have bread on a weekly basis...either with toast with my coffee or make a hamburger and have a bun too!

I do eat greek yogurt and veggies and Beans too

Im on mfp...my username is huligoo!

I would love to be mfp buddies too!

Hope you all had an awesome Easter!

Thanks to everyone on this post for sharing your story as to what has been working for you... I have been eating too many carbs...I do have bread on a weekly basis...either with toast with my coffee or make a hamburger and have a bun too! I do eat greek yogurt and veggies and Beans too Im on mfp...my username is huligoo! I would love to be mfp buddies too! Hope you all had an awesome Easter!

Yup. The bread is a no no. Starchy carbs only rarely for me. For example it's gotta be awesome bakery bread to eat bread. And no rolls with my hamburger. So while I am moderate carb I still do not eat those. Also if I start the days with carbs I will be craving them all day. I don't even eat oatmeal anymore. It's Greek yogurt or a couple eggs for Breakfast now.

Thanks to everyone on this post for sharing your story as to what has been working for you... I have been eating too many carbs...I do have bread on a weekly basis...either with toast with my coffee or make a hamburger and have a bun too! I do eat greek yogurt and veggies and Beans too Im on mfp...my username is huligoo! I would love to be mfp buddies too! Hope you all had an awesome Easter!

Oh and I am kenmj11 on MFP

I went very low carb at about 2 months - I felt like crap. I up'd it to between 40-50 and felt much better once I did that - my doc said I was restricting too much on the carbs. Once I increased I had more energy and just felt better overall.

I'm a rebel now at 5 months and rarely track my food - I would say I'm still in that 50 grams area and feel great.

The carbs I choose are different than before surgery - I select low glycemic fruit to put in my shakes (berries usually) and low glycemic veggies (bell peppers, onions, romaine lettuce when I can tolerate it). oatmeal is not a bad food - it gets a bad wrap...It's not a bad carb (I eat Health Wise Protein Oatmeal, but no every day). I rarely eat anything with flour or sugar - I feel better now that those are out of my life.

Looking over the past several weeks on MFP, I am ranging from 20-60 grams of carbs/day with my sugars usually less than 15-20. I am 2.5 months out, have lost 49 pounds and I am working out 4-5 days/week. I have had 1/2 slices of whole wheat light bread as toast on a few occassions but not as a rule by far. No crackers but I will have Pork rinds a few times/week for the crunch crave. I weigh and measure all my food and log it religiously on MFP and it is now a habit. I sent my nutritionist an Exel spreadsheet of all my nutrients and calories since I was released to eat solid food because I was concerned about my weight loss slowing down, and she actually was pleased with my intake, telling me to continue my 2-3 pounds/week and consider increasing my Protein.

Compared to what I was doing before I had my information seminar, my diet has done a 180 and I feel great. As my exercise intensity increases, I am bumping up my Protein from 60 to 75-80 grams/day and that seems to be helping continue the weight loss. Knock on wood, but I haven't hit a plateau yet. I am in this for the long haul, and I know if there is something I tell myself "you can't have that ever again" it will be a real plan for setting myself up for failure.

Blondiee, how long have you been on this journey? I too don't have any room after my protein!

About 4 1/2 months...had surgery in December 2013.

I am eight weeks post op and had every intention on staying on low carb but occasionally I like oatmeal for Breakfast and some very light cracker chips by Kelloggs that are very low calorie. I have been enjoying chili a couple of days too. I just cannot eat a lot of meat right now and if I could eat it more I'd stay on very low carb.

I wondered how many here have lost weight using low carb. And also I wondered how many people lost a lot of weight adding some carbs like Beans and Cereal some days..... It seems like most of us were told to eat Protein first then our veggies then carbs if we have room. I'm assuming that a lot of people don't get to the carbs if they are like me and can't eat much.

I was wondering because I've seen a lot of big weight loss numbers here and just for my own information, I was wondering how many lost a lot using low carb vs carbs......or moderate use of carbs. We all know that too much fat in our diet will stop weight loss as well as too many carbs but how many carbs is acceptable to use and still have a good weight loss.

I rarely track. My plan isn't a low carb plan. I'm now 75 ish lbs in 7 m down. Which I'm happy about as I was a light weight. And if my weight slows. I'll cocentrate on lowering my carbs. It works for me. I don't like bread now though

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk

Idk, I havent restricted carbs yet, but starting to think I need to. I actually emailed my dietician yesterday about carb amount (i was really limited, because I used to be diabetic, notice I say used to be!) calorie and fat amounts. I eat alot of greek yogurt, and I love citrus fruits. These are carbs though. Is there low carb yogurt that isnt plain? I cant do cottage cheese. I have been trying to cut down onthe Protein Shakes, because if expense, but feeling I may have to incorporate them again. I use them in the evening for whatever Protein I need to hit 70 g a day. I do not do regular milk (skim) unless I am cooking or making pudding. I use Silk nut milk. It may have carbs, but the protein outweighs that compared to Almond milk which has no protein!(How does a nut milk not have protein? That makes no sense to me!) I was sleeved 10/17/17 if that helps, almost 4 months out. Ty for any insight.

SW 350 (11/15)
BSW 260 (10/17/17)
CW 216.1 (2/4/18)
RGW 199
GW 175

Nut milk has no Protein because it’s basically Water that they wash the nuts with and then remove the nuts. So no real transfer of protein. Nuts have protein, for sure, but they also have fat and carbs. They are a great balanced food.< br>
If you aren’t sensitive to fake sugars try the no sugar added flavored yogurt— Dannon light and fit and such. Their protein is higher than the naturally occurring carbs from the milk. If you are sensitive to them try like Oikos triple zero which uses stevia and fruit juice. It’s carbs are only slightly higher.