Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone tried the Quest bars?

I love the coconut Quest bars. I also have eaten dried coconut without any problem. Haven't tried fresh coconut yet. I think the concern is that shredded coconut doesn't get chewed enough before swallowing which can be a problem if your system cannot break down the fibers. The reality is, what you can swallow will travel through. How much is digested is related to how well the food is chewed.

I have tried most of the flavors that came recommended and I hated them all! I have found something that I do like though and its not as expensive as the Quest bars. The bars I eat (usually for breakfast) are the life choice Protein Bars (double chocolate is the best!). The bars have 190 calories, 8g of sugar and 21 grams of Protein. You can find them in Walmart for about $4 for a box of 5. They also have a chocolate mint flavor but those are harder to chew. The double chocolate is soft and chewy. Seriously love these bars!

I'm in the love Quest club, also. They curb my hunger when I'm out and about. Not near real meals . I often eat half a bar only , they are very dense. The more you chew them , the more flavorful they taste. They can also be microwaved for 10 seconds, chocolate cookie dough and cinnamon nun are wonderful warmed up. I never have more than one a day maximum. Beats fast good drive thrus for me.

I've tried them all & the best by far are the chocolate chip cookie dough, Cookies & cream & coconut cashew bars. Yes, as was mentioned above, the carbs are mostly from Fiber, so the net carbs are really low. I buy mine from Amazon with Amazon prime, so no tax & they're about $25-$27 a box for 12, so $2+ a bar. Sometimes you can get a deal at GNC also. Not so bad especially if you use them for a meal. I eat one a day & look forward to them. Yes, to me they taste like I'm eating a candy bar, so I don't feel deprived & I stay on track.

I am almost at the phase of my diet where i can have the Protein bars. I have heard that the Quest Bars are good but I'm afraid to try them as they are pricey. I'd only use them if I was going to be out and about or after excercising. I can no longer stop anywhere to get something to eat if I'm out as there are no good choices in fast food for me anymore. Any other suggestions to curb hunger when you are going to be out for a long time? my Nutr. also reccomended to carry string cheese and eat that instead of the Quest Bars..... any thoughts??

I have about 20 I wish I had not bought. I can eat 2 bites and that is it. Very dense. String cheese is a great take along, or a few small pretzels. You can also take an insulated bag with yogurt for emergency. I find that if we eat a snack before we leave we go all day without being hungry. Fantastic!!!!!

@LindafromFlorida Ugh.... you were right..... I had great expectations from these bars.... I bought only six from GNC.... I got nauseated half way through one of the bars...... I hate the consistency and the sticky feel to them..... they do help with the hunger if you can get them down.... the only one I sort of liked was the coconut cashew and the chocolate brownie one only because it had color to it because all the other bars look the same.... I won't be buying any more of those. I like the Atkins bars better but don't plan on eating them daily.

I have about 24 I will donate to the next support group. I have tried about 4 of them and only took a few bites of each. One would last me a week if I tried to eat it all but I get bored with it. I try to warn everyone do not buy in bulk. I have a bunch of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Soup I cannot use. I will donate too. The Unjury Soup powder curdles in hot Water and yuck! I don't do lukewarm soup. Best of luck! We are living and learning. Some people swear by all of this but sometimes it is just personal tastes.

Ok I found a new Protein Bar that seems better tasting than the Quest Bar.... It's called NuGo...... they have regular Protein bars, slim variations and low carb..... all are high protein and have all natural ingredients and they are yummy so they say but wondering if anyone has actually tried them.... I don't want to keep wasting my money trying to find a good one.... same with the protein drinks...... I spent way too much trying to find a good one.......

@@JeanZ_RN I was told never to eat anything with coconut in it again as it's hard to digest for us sleevers...... I am assuming that there is not much real coconut in that bar???

Mmm I love coconut products and still have them after surgery. No one ever mentioned not to. I also use coconut milk with my Protein Shakes - the so delicious brand in a carton, not the thick stuff in a can. No problems with coconut at all.

So, with 17g of fiber, are there any, ummmm......intestinal issues? I have been wanting to try the Quest bars, but all that fiber scares me!

So, with 17g of fiber, are there any, ummmm......intestinal issues? I have been wanting to try the Quest bars, but all that fiber scares me!

Not at all...the fiber isn't the sort that will leave you in the bathroom stuck for hours. Unless you eat several a day. One a day won't make it move that fast threw your body.

Edited by gomekast

I wAs thinking this might be a good way to increase my fiber to avoid the Constipation that plagues so many. What do you think?

I wAs thinking this might be a good way to increase my fiber to avoid the Constipation that plagues so many. What do you think?

Thata why I began eating them. They definitely did help out yes, but since my overall food volume was so low, it wasn't daily..even with the fiber in them.

I would have 2 per day for a while, and then have a bm every 4th day.

But...I only had to take Miralax one time. Most others have to take it regularly. I didnt and I credit the Quest bars.

:)

Thanks for the input!

I had a weird relationship w/ the Quest bars. First I tried one and hated it (brownie). Then I gave them another shot and fell in love (cookie dough & Cookies & creme). Then I ordered a couple boxes of them. Having boxes in my cupboard was a real problem. I could eat them and eat them - 2 in a row w/o a problem.

For me these offer no restriction and are like candy bars. I will likely have them on occasion for a treat (better than a snickers), but I can not keep them in any quantity in my house.

I dropped all of my bars in the mail to a fellow VSGer rather than eat myself silly.

If you can stay on plan with these, the fiber and Protein are great! And I think they are delicious, but beware they can be a trigger for some.