Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

More fun than sex!

I did this mountain bike ride today: http://www.gjhikes.com/2013/03/great-pyramid-loop.html

I only dumped my bike twice, no blood, but if I hadn't been wearing a helmet I doubt that I would be here. Oh, and I need a new helmet now. But this was better than sex and believe me, I really like sex a lot! This trail taken at speed made any carnival ride I have been on seem bland and boring. I'm going to go soak now, I have a feeling I am going to be a tad stiff tomorrow.

post-142169-0-42606500-1397695391_thumb.jpg

Edited by Terry Poperszky

Oh I bet that was fun!!

Nothing like taking the mountain bike on some good trails. Sadly when I was riding 2 weeks ago I ended up in the ER. Lol. Luckily everything checked out ok though!!! I'm ready to get on the trails agin.

There you are , you should post this on Banders exercise , and just to let you know we are on Hey Banders 5 by now , a couple of the guys also post , like catfish and Tomuchfun, and I know they also ride bikes and do marathons and such , I hope you are doing alright and soime one was asking for a cauliflower receipe not to long ago and I mentioned your breadsticks with no bread but with cauliflower, hope Family, Wife, kids and you are doing good.

I did this mountain bike ride today: http://www.gjhikes.com/2013/03/great-pyramid-loop.html

I only dumped my bike twice, no blood, but if I hadn't been wearing a helmet I doubt that I would be here. Oh, and I need a new helmet now. But this was better than sex and believe me, I really like sex a lot! This trail taken at speed made any carnival ride I have been on seem bland and boring. I'm going to go soak now, I have a feeling I am going to be a tad stiff tomorrow.

Cute way to get us to click the link.

BIking is fun...but 'better than sex'? Nah!! You must not be doing it right, sugah. ;-)

This reminds me of my boyfriend's complaint that our Saturday afternoon bike rides are disruptive to what we used to do on Saturday afternoons. I'm all "So we'll just shift our routine a bit, dear."

Great ride Terry! And nice pics from the site too!

Edited by catfish87

Nice ride. 2 hours for 5 miles? I am elite/expert MTB racer in Michigan wishing I had your terrain!! Keep the rubber side down! I always say, "when you don't think your ass can take it anymore, stand up and keep peddling!"

I'm scared to even try my bike. The last time I got on it, I thought the tires were going to burst, and I couldn't seem to maneuver it well. I haven't always had the best luck with bikes anyway. When I was young and in college, I bought one to ride around campus. I rode it for the first time from my campus apartment to the campus post office. When I arrived at the post office and stopped, I forgot to put my feet down and both me and the bike promptly fell over. It was soooo embarrassing.

Think I'll stick to walking for now.

LMBO!!! too funny!!! glad you are ok though!!!

Nice ride. 2 hours for 5 miles? I am elite/expert MTB racer in Michigan wishing I had your terrain!! Keep the rubber side down! I always say, "when you don't think your ass can take it anymore, stand up and keep peddling!"

Actually the article was for hiking. The trail was listed as beginner/intermediate and while there were some technical challenges, nothing really bad, I did the trail in about 45 minutes. BUT the Moab area is well known for it's mountain biking, ranging from beginner to "are you freaken kidding me?" There were a couple of rock climbs on this one that I got off and pushed my bike up, I'm sure someone could have made them, just not me.

There you are , you should post this on Banders exercise , and just to let you know we are on Hey Banders 5 by now , a couple of the guys also post , like catfish and Tomuchfun, and I know they also ride bikes and do marathons and such , I hope you are doing alright and soime one was asking for a cauliflower receipe not to long ago and I mentioned your breadsticks with no bread but with cauliflower, hope Family, Wife, kids and you are doing good.

Debbie, ever since the site was redesigned I can't find the appropriate forums any more, plus while there are aspects that are specific to each WLS, I don't think exercise is necessarily one of them which is why I shared it here. I still visit LB on a regular basis, I only post when I feel that I have something to add.

I would do just about anything to be able to live in that area! The MOAB has been a dream for me for years.

I would do just about anything to be able to live in that area! The MOAB has been a dream for me for years.

Yea, it is one of my favorite places on earth, and I haven't even been a Mountain Cyclist until last year.

You live there I take it?