Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Docs in Philadelphia

Anyone use Amy Cha at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital?

I didn't use her, but I did want to chime in and say that U of Penn's bariatric program is excellent. The CRNPs are very supportive, and the pre and post care with them is great. My surgeon was Dr. Noel Williams, who I believe is the director of U of Penn's program. Good luck!

Great info. Was there a reason or conscious decision NOT to use her? I tend to gravitate toward female docs particularly with sensitive medical needs like obgyn and THIS. I just want to ensure I'm in the right hands...not just the right program.

I HATED my experience at penn. I was treated like a number every time I walked in. When, by some chance, I was treated like a human, they treated me like I was a very stupid human. They never returned my calls and the travel into the city, parking, and finding the office was awful. I did half of my pre op testing there and finally transferred over to dr Katz at crozer. Waaaaaay better experience. So much easier and way supportive.

I was sleeved 4/7/14

Whatever your choice, good luck!

Oh my...I'm so sorry you had that experience, but glad things worked out at crozer. It has been a week for you. ..any complications? Who was your surgeon?

I see dr korus at Penn! PHENOM!!!! He's awesome, great bedside manor as well! I would recommend him to ANYONE!! I normally gravitate towards women as well but he makes you feel very comfortable that's not even a thought anymore, good luck!

Great. Thanks for the feedback. I generally hear good things about PENN, but I am a little concerned that I haven't heard about my particular surgeon.

Does she work out of penn Presbyterian?

Yes. Our pre opt appts are on main campus, bur the surgery will be at presby. Do you attend support group?

Oh my...I'm so sorry you had that experience, but glad things worked out at crozer. It has been a week for you. ..any complications? Who was your surgeon?

No major complications. Just extremely nauseous for about three days post op. My surgeon was dr Katz and I go see him tomorrow for my first post op appt.

Yes. Our pre opt appts are on main campus, bur the surgery will be at presby. Do you attend support group?

Yes that's the same as Dr. Korus! And believe me that office is always full! And they all can't be there for my doctor! She must be doing something right! Did you read up on her online?! I went to an information session way back and I went to a pre-op support group I want to go to a post op one soon!

I definately did my homework and my pcp recommended her as well. Dr Cha happened to have done my preop interest meeting too so I went with her. She and I have connected, but I'm cautious. Shes young. That could make her very good or very inexperienced. I'm on the lower bmi side so I'm hoping for no complications...Im told I'm a textbook case so we'll see!!!

Well if you have any questions I'm here!!!

I appreciate that!

Anyone use Pennsylvania-Dr. Kirkland?