Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

Here are my numbers..

April 14, 2014 - Weight 251 lbs. Surgery Day

August 26, 2014 - Weight 204

Total Loss - 47 lbs

Shirt Size Pre-Surgery- XXXL

Shirt Size Aug 26, 2014- XL (Maybe a Med. if i stretch it out HAHA!)

When I look at everyone elses number it makes me sad. I'm happy for everyone else. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Can you all help me?

Shortly after surgery I got put on a Protein goal of 120grams a day. (my prealbumin was low) It kills me to get that much in. My doctor really wants me to just drink the Protein drinks - I do 2 a day but double up on the Protein.< /p>

I usually hit around 1000 cal a day ( mostly because of the protein shakes)

I'm currently not exercising because of an injury - Could that me my problem?

What are you all doing that I'm not? Or not doing that I am? :)

REVEAL YOUR SECRETS!!! :)

Edited by ejjohn

Ejjohn it's hard to compare just numbers. But yours are good slow and steady! Try to limit carbs . I lose more when I eat fish or shrimp Maybe that will help.

@@Tammylb - THANKS!

Go Matt!!!! Over 100 lbs! Awesome!

Ejjohn - I have a unwritten rule that I try to exercise during the week on my lunch break for 4-5 days. Then, on the weekends I do something outside with the kids like swimming or we have seasons passes to two amusement parks and walk around and sweat on the weekends or clean house. I usually am only sitting while I'm working (desk job at major corporation). So, when I get off I'm running around cleaning, fixing dinner etc. Big change in energy since the surgery....In the right way. But long story longer....What I've noticed is on the weeks that I don't get in my 4-5 days at the gym, I'm still losing, but not as much...maybe a little over a pound that week....but the weeks that I'm getting in all of my "scheduled" exercising, then it's usually multiple pounds. So I've definitely noticed a direct result when I've gotten it all in.

So this might not help you at all since you said you have an injury, but that's when I've noticed the biggest changes on the scale is when I am exercising. I'm also much stricter on my carbs when I'm not making it to the gym each day.

Watch the carbs in some of the Protein bars amd shakes. Some are really high in carbs whereas others will have like 5 carbs or less. If there is Fiber in it then you can subtract the grams of Fiber from the total number of carbs and that's the real number of carbs you would be getting. I hope this helps.

I've also been back to my NUT twice since surgery to talk about my diet and exercise. I think that's really helping me to learn to eat right.

Check in

Weight when first started program with my surgeon 255 lbs

April 16, 2014 - Weight 243 lbs. Surgery Day

August 27, 2014 - Weight 175.2

Goal: 150-ish

Total Loss - 79.8 lbs

Down 98.8 pounds from my highest weight without being pregnant. Was somewhere up over 310 (stopped looking when they weighed me at dr after I got up that high) but again, I was pregnant...but just thought I'd mention it since it's technically my highest weight.

Shirt Size Pre-Surgery- XXXL or whatever the biggest one they had was....

Shirt Size Aug 27, 2014 XL

Pant size pre surgery - 22/24

Pant size Aug 27, 2014 - 10

Edited by mysleeveid13

Lets see some UPDATES! April 17, 2014 - Weight 298 lbs. (45.6 BMI) Surgery Day August 26, 2014 - Weight 194 (28.6 BMI) TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS- 104 lbs Waist Size Pre-Surgery- 46 in. Waist Size Aug 26, 2014- 34 in Shirt Size Pre-Surgery- XXL Shirt Size Aug 26, 2014- L (Maybe a Med. if i stretch it out.) Share your success!

congrats

Hello April 16th sleevers. It's been a while but here is my check in:

April 16th 2014 - 260lbs

August 27th - 220lbs

Goal - 170-180ish

Total loss - 40lbs

Shirt size pre-surgery - 1x-2x

Shirt size August 27th 2014 - large

Pant size pre-surgery - 18

Pant size August 27th - 15

Hi all - glad to see this thread active and all is well with everyone. I've been beyond busy the last few weeks. We had major Water damage in our home and all of the flooring and sub flooring in the family room, kitchen, dining room and hall way is being torn out and replaced. Good news is the new flooring will be gorgeous! Bad news is my home is a disaster zone! I haven't had access to my treadmill for two weeks now!

I'm plugging along. I haven't weighed myself in a week but last weighed 180 or so.

I started back at my school job this week and everyone has been commenting on how thin I look. I'm leaving for an "adults only" tropical vacation with my honey this Saturday for 8 days. Can't wait! I can almost rock the bikini... But decided against it as don't want to risk my surgery scars darkening from sun exposure. So a tankini will have to do this year! I will check in when I can while traveling!

Pic below I took while in Isla Mujeres last year. Can't wait to go back in two days!

post-203485-0-83604200-1409289922_thumb.jpg

Go Matt!!!! Over 100 lbs! Awesome!

Ejjohn - I have a unwritten rule that I try to exercise during the week on my lunch break for 4-5 days. Then, on the weekends I do something outside with the kids like swimming or we have seasons passes to two amusement parks and walk around and sweat on the weekends or clean house. I usually am only sitting while I'm working (desk job at major corporation). So, when I get off I'm running around cleaning, fixing dinner etc. Big change in energy since the surgery....In the right way. But long story longer....What I've noticed is on the weeks that I don't get in my 4-5 days at the gym, I'm still losing, but not as much...maybe a little over a pound that week....but the weeks that I'm getting in all of my "scheduled" exercising, then it's usually multiple pounds. So I've definitely noticed a direct result when I've gotten it all in.

So this might not help you at all since you said you have an injury, but that's when I've noticed the biggest changes on the scale is when I am exercising. I'm also much stricter on my carbs when I'm not making it to the gym each day.

Watch the carbs in some of the Protein bars amd shakes. Some are really high in carbs whereas others will have like 5 carbs or less. If there is fiber in it then you can subtract the grams of fiber from the total number of carbs and that's the real number of carbs you would be getting. I hope this helps.

I've also been back to my NUT twice since surgery to talk about my diet and exercise. I think that's really helping me to learn to eat right.

Thanks so much for your input

I am actually better so I am going to try this Thanks!!

My Hair loss started! :( however I have so much hair even if I lose half of it it won't show. Also since I started to lose weight my marital problems started now I'm going thru a divorce :( nasty and hurtful, I've been so depressed and busy going to court I forget to put 50 g of Protein daily. It will be 5 months since my surgery and 4 months I've been lonely. I'm 5'2 150 lbs and I still feel fat, I'm scared to go out and try to date and be called fat or be rejected. :(

Karla23 some men are dogs and it sounds like he can be replaced ! ( with new smaller clothes) then another more deserving guy. Just looking at your pick you are very pretty and I bet he will be replaced soon with a newer and better version lol. Our hair will come back . Mine is super thin and I've been using topix spray to disguise it. That's the only product from topix I liked.

Karla I'm sorry to hear that sweety. The dating world sucks for sure but there are good guys out there still. Hugs. Our hair is only temp but our health is lasting.

I just hot 1derland this morning! I can't even remember a time I weighed under 200 lbs. off to a good start this weekend.

post-207833-0-88285600-1409924626_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone! I'm back from paradise and back to the daily grind. I guess our days of Wednesday check-ins are officially over! :(. I didn't think I gained any weight on my 8 day vacation.... But I had a piña colada, dirty monkey or mojito on the beach most days and I wasn't sure if the calories would add up! My weight loss continues to be sloooow and steady. I weighed 180.6 this morning, so hoping to move to the 170's soon. Reaching 179 will be significant as that is the weight I have been most consistently as an adult. I then dipped down to 148-160 for a few years before I had my first child in 1999 and slowly put on the pounds over the years.... 190... 202... 213... Until I reached my maximum weight of 241 in September 2011. It feels great to be 60 pounds lighter!

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've checked in. Going back to work after the summer was amazing! I'm pretty sure I will never get tired of hearing how great I look....lol! I weighed in this week at 181! That is a total of 70lbs lost!!! This truly was the best decision of my life. I feel so much better about myself. My new goal is now to get to 100lbs lost. This journey was never easy but I'm glad I finally did this for me! I hope you all are doing well and losing :)

I weighed in this morning at 271.2lbs. That probably sounds like a lot to most, but I haven't weighed under 275 in about 15 years. That also means I've lost a total of 104lbs since this entire thing began and leaves me with about 72lbs until I hit 199, which at this point, is my ultimate goal. Anything after that will just be a bonus.

What surprises me the most is that I'm still losing. I'm still not exercising like I should and I'm eating basically what I want. All the stuff they say we're not supposed to have, I eat. However, I've felt better since starting to do that and the sleeve keeps me from overdoing it most of the time. My weight loss is slow, but I think that's keeping me from having a lot of excess skin. Now if my hair would just stop falling out. I've been taking my Vitamins better and TRYING to get in more Protein (though I'm sure I'm still not at the 90-100g that they wanted me to have). I'll go for days without washing my hair because when I do, so much comes out. I read somewhere that this can happen for up to six months. I've been losing for a little over three - I dunno if I'll have any left after six!