Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 8.5", 375

2) Weight day of surgery: 357

3) 14 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: I've lost a total of 79lbs, 61lbs since surgery.

4) Goal weight: Mini goal #1 was reached when I hit 299lbs. Mini goal #2 is 269lbs. Mini goal #3 is 239lbs. Milestone goal is 199lbs. Ultimate goal is 170lbs. I'm trying to place a lot of easily reachable goals so that I feel like I'm accomplishing something.

5) Your biggest success this week: Finally making it under 300lbs. It's been 4 years since I was under that weight. I did Weight Watchers back in 2010 and lost about 40lbs - got down to 279ish, so I'm looking forward to beating that.

6) Your biggest struggle this week: Still having tons of trouble finding things to eat. I eat things with too much fat and too many carbs, though I've found when I do that for a couple of days, that's when the weight seems to drop off - go figure. I'm obviously not getting enough Protein because my hair is falling out. Thankfully I had plenty to spare so it's not really noticeable yet, but it's annoying and worrisome. I also still can't push myself to exercise because I'm so tired. I also HATE summer and the heat, so that probably doesn't help either. Once it starts cooling off, I'll probably feel like getting out more.

14 week check-in time!

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs:

5'9" - 297 lbs

2) Weight day of surgery:

3) Post op weight pounds lost/gained:

Current weight - 206 (91 lbs lost since April 17)

4) Goal weight:

170 lbs

5) Your biggest success this week:

Maintaining workout regiment and diet goals

6) Your biggest struggle this week:

It is always time management with me.

Where is everybody? I thought I would be one of the last ones checking in today...but I'm on the east coast so it's later here than it is for some of you.....

15 week check-in time!

3) 15 post op weight pounds lost/gained:

4) Goal weight:

15 week check-in time!

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 7 " / 255

2) Weight day of surgery: 243

3) Week 15 post op weight pounds lost/gained: 1 lb lost - 68.2 total from start of this program. (87.2 since Oct - went to class with a different surgeon but insurance wouldn't cover so started over in 2014 with new insurance - not that the details matter but just the hope that I was going to have the surgery got me on the path to losing so I wanted it to count for something)

4) Goal weight: 150-ish

5) Your biggest success this week: Saw a friend that I have not seen since Nov. I spoke to her and she said, "Hello" but continued what she was doing. Then, she spun around and told me she didn't recognize who I was and just thought I was someone saying hi to her. Then, she walked me over to where her mom was and her mom had to look twice, as well. That's when it feels real....they don't recognize you. This is a friend thst is brutally honest and has fussed at me (all in a caring way) about my weight and my blood pressure for years now and I'm smaller than her now.

6) Your biggest struggle this week: back to not getting to the gym. Not making excuses, because I really want to be there, but my middle son starts kindergarten and oldest starts 8th grade on Monday. So between school clothes and supply shopping, orientation at two different schools, work and birthday parties, etc. I just haven't gotten it in. BUT, I did push around a 50 lb stroller/child on the hottest day of the summer, up and down hills at the zoo. And I only had one teeny, tiny taste of my absolute favorite baker's birthday cake, so there were some highlights.

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 7", 236

2) Weight day of surgery: 226

3) 15 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: STALL! STALL! STALL! First time ever since surgery 15 weeks ago! Apparently that 2.9 pound weight lost last week sent my body into shock! Honestly, I don't know what's going on. My weight has been pretty consistent through out this whole process and this week it fluctuated daily and went up/down 1-3 pounds! Let me just say this process is much more fun when the scale is moving in the right direction!!!! I'm exactly the same 187.

Next morning update: I'm down to 186.1. Go figure......

4) Goal weight: 175 mini goal by end of August when I leave for my tropical vacation. 160 surgeon goal, 140 stretch goal (although this would out me at a BMI of 22. That's teeny!)

5) Your biggest success this week: I'm going to have to really reach here as this stall has really messed with my confidence. I guess I should be happy that I have consistently lost in the past (albeit sloooooow). I have walked on my treadmill most days for over an hour. I can almost do 4 miles during that time. When I started out I was only walking 2 miles an hour. I'm also thankful I still don't have any side effects from the surgery.

6) Your biggest struggle this week: I'm just annoyed. I start exercising like a dog and the scale stops. My body composition IS changing, so I think I need to ditch the scale for awhile. I keep remembering something I read on BP "skinny people look good in clothes, fit people look good naked". I know I can continue to loose weight without exercising, but I was becoming skinny fat. I was losing muscle mass and looking jiggly. That's what motivated me to start working out and I WILL continue to work out. I can't let this stall discourage me from becoming fit.

Edited by Bluesea71

Just curious.... What is everyone eating these days? I feel boredom setting in. I can still tolerate eating anything. I've noticed I was grazing a lot more this past week. I sense danger ahead!

Edited by Bluesea71

1) height / weight starting our wls programs, 5' 3", highest weight was 300

2) weight day of surgery-239

3) weight 15 week post op / pounds lost/gained: 194.9

1.8 lbs loss this week

Total loss of 44.5 lbs

4) goal weight: 130, would be happy 150

5) your biggest success this week: Avoiding a stall.

6) your biggest struggle this week: trying to eat the right things. And I need to start exercising.

Happy 16 week anniversary everyone! It's time to check in! Accountability is key in our success. I've read too many posts on BP from sleevers who stopped seeking support on the forum and gained their weight back! We can do this!!!!!

3) 16 week post op weight pounds lost/gained:

4) Goal weight:

Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 7", 236

2) Weight day of surgery: 226

3) 15 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 1.8 pounds lost this week, 185.4 this morning although I was down to 184 earlier this week!

4) Goal weight: 175 mini goal by end of August when I leave for my tropical vacation. 160 surgeon goal, 140 stretch goal (although this would out me at a BMI of 22. That's teeny!)

5) Your biggest success this week: Im happy my stall only lasted a week!

6) Your biggest struggle this week: I don't think I was prepared for how much a head trip it would be to have a stall in my progress. In expecting more of them as I get closet to my goal.

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 7" 255

3) 16 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 180.8 / 6 lbs lost. Total since start of this program: 74.2 total since I started going to wls classes back in Oct: 93.2

5) Your biggest success this week: losing 6 lbs.

6) Your biggest struggle this week: still have two periods a month. It's heavy and a week long so it's basically a period every other week. But I'm still losing so trying no to complain but emotionally, my hormones are whacked out. Crying over silly stuff. But I'm happy....just crazy.

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs:5 9 2) Weight day of surgery: 271 3) 16 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 209 4)Goal weight: 190 5) Your biggest success this week: I hired a personal trainer and I hit the gym 6) Your biggest struggle this week: dating. Is there any normal men in this world? Lol ok so struggle weightloss wise is not recognizing this woman in size 13 clothing. Seriously hope my brain catches up soon.

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 7" 255

3) 16 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 180.8 / 6 lbs lost. Total since start of this program: 74.2 total since I started going to wls classes back in Oct: 93.2

5) Your biggest success this week: losing 6 lbs.

6) Your biggest struggle this week: still have two periods a month. It's heavy and a week long so it's basically a period every other week. But I'm still losing so trying no to complain but emotionally, my hormones are whacked out. Crying over silly stuff. But I'm happy....just crazy.

Six pounds in one week?!?! Boy, am I jealous! At my rate of weight loss, I should reach the 170's by.... October! Just kidding. I hope!

Thanks! I had strep throat and it was really sore for a few days so several meals were Protein Shakes and kind of back to the liquid phase because it hurt to eat. But I still got in some workouts and I think the combo of trying to drink a lot to coat my throat and liquid Meal Replacements did it. I kept checking the scale because I was really surprised.