Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

I hit the 50 lb mark! ;) I have 21 to go til onederland. I'm ready. I bought a couple new shirts today too. I looked at my sister and said "I have a hard time believing I'm this thin" it feels like I'm picking out clothes for someone else and seeing someone else in the mirror. I feel pretty awesome! ;)

Ok people, it's our 13th week! Time to check in!

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs:

2) Weight day of surgery:

3) 13 week post op weight pounds lost/gained:

4) Goal weight:

5) Your biggest success this week:

6) Your biggest struggle this week:

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 7" / 255 lbs

2) Weight day of surgery: 243

3) 13 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: lost 1.4 lbs this week / 64 lbs total

4) Goal weight:150-ish

5) Your biggest success this week: I got up at 4 am today to go to the gym before work because I knew my husband wanted to go out to dinner tonight and I wouldn't end up going. It feels really great to already have it done. I'm really sleepy, but excited that I already got it over with for the day. Only thing is, I forgot my towel!!!!!!! So after my shower, I had to stand there butt naked and dry off with a hair dryer! I figured I'd share in case ya'll need a good laugh this morning. I just kept praying, please don't let anyone come in here...luckily, they didn't!

6) Your biggest struggle this week: I slacked off for almost a week exercising, so I said I HAVE to do better this week. So far, I got it in Sunday, Tuesday and today, so I feel better about it and have made up my mind I won't go that long without it again. I only lost 1.4 lbs so I think this is motivation to get back in and be consistent like I was.

Edited by mysleeveid13

1) height / weight starting our wls programs, 5' 3", highest weight was 300

2) weight day of surgery-239

3) weight 13 week post op / pounds lost/gained: 199.7!!!!!

6lbs loss this week

Total loss of 39.7lbs

4) goal weight: 130, would be happy 150

5) your biggest success this week: I MADE IT TO ONEDERLAND!!!! I never thought this day would come. My birthday is tomorrow and that was my goal, to be under 200. I can't believe I made it : ) I'm headed to magic mountain today I'm hoping I can fit on all the rides! At 18 years old I weighed 220. I can't believe I've been so heavy my whole adult life.

6) your biggest struggle this week: still trying to get enough Water and Protein. I know I eat way too many carbs. I need to find meals that don't gross me out. Even with birthday cake and too many choc covered berries I made progress. But I've been super active at work this week. 3-4 miles of walking a night. I'm sure that helps.

Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 7", 236

2) Weight day of surgery: 226

3) 13 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 1.1 pounds lost this week. The snail is still slowly moving along! Current weight 190.... Although it did go down to 189 earlier this week!!!!! Grrrrr.

4) Goal weight: 175 mini goal by end of August when I leave for my tropical vacation. 160 surgeon goal, 140 stretch goal (although this would out me at a BMI of 22. That's teeny!)

5) Your biggest success this week: Exercise makes a HUGE difference! Okay, for me not so much in what's reported on the scale but I'm looking tone! I've all but lost what I refer to as my "second butt" which was a flap of fat under each butt cheek (tmi?). My thighs and arms are looking toned and the loose skin on my inner thighs is retracting. My arms are looking tiny! The loose skin that was there has disappeared! I went to a professional baseball game last weekend. While there, I had a flashback of attending a game a few years ago and commenting how small the seats were. I remember feeling uncomfortable sitting through the game. This time I had plenty of wiggle room!

6) Your biggest struggle this week: sloooooow weight loss. It's hard not to get frustrated when people report losing 3-5 pounds per week! I have been slacking in the Protein department, so this week I will focus on eating more and see if that makes a difference. In the meantime, I will be happy if I continue losing and avoid another stall!

! 1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5'9"

2) Weight day of surgery: 271

3) 13 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 215. 56 90 from my highest!!!!

4) Goal weight: 170 realistic 190

5) Your biggest success this week: staying focused. Eye on the prize

6) Your biggest struggle this week: dating, oh how cruel the dating world is. :/

Ok people, it's our 13th week! Time to check in!

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs:5'6" 275

2) Weight day of surgery:251

3) 13 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 38

4) Goal weight:140

5) Your biggest success this week: Got lab work done- Cholesterol went from 230 to 176 and my LDL/HDL Ratio is 2.35/1. I was pre-diabetic before now I'm well within normal. My blood pressure went from 240/95 with meds to 120/71 without meds

6) Your biggest struggle this week: Trying to find another way to cope beside eating. I find I feel very angry and I don't know why.

Hi everyone!! Here is my update-

Starting weight 251lbs

Day of surgery 240 lbs

Current 195!!

55 lbs lost :)

Success- we just came back from a week at Disney world and lost 4lbs! I walked sooooo much and my back and legs were not hurting!!

Struggle- getting my Protein in, trying to stay focused on getting that Protein and Water in! My hair is falling out a lot and that is upsetting me!

I go this week for my 3 month check up. Looking forward to seeing what the doctor and nut have to say!

My first goal was to get under 200lbs, next goal 180's! Overall, I would like to be in the 160's.

Have a good week everyone!

Hi everyone!! Here is my update-

Starting weight 251lbs

Day of surgery 240 lbs

Current 195!!

55 lbs lost :)

Success- we just came back from a week at Disney world and lost 4lbs! I walked sooooo much and my back and legs were not hurting!!

Struggle- getting my Protein in, trying to stay focused on getting that Protein and Water in! My hair is falling out a lot and that is upsetting me!

I go this week for my 3 month check up. Looking forward to seeing what the doctor and nut have to say!

My first goal was to get under 200lbs, next goal 180's! Overall, I would like to be in the 160's.

Have a good week everyone!

I was wondering what happened to you! Congrats on your weight loss! Did you go on the ride inside the Epcot ball and view your video? I still have ours from our Disney World visit in 2008!

14 week check-in time!

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs:

2) Weight day of surgery:

3) 14 post op weight pounds lost/gained:

4) Goal weight:

5) Your biggest success this week:

6) Your biggest struggle this week:

Edited by Bluesea71

14 week check-in time!

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 7" 255

2) Weight day of surgery: 243

3) 13 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 187.8 lbs / 3.2 lbs lost/ total since 1st appt 67.2 lbs lost

4) Goal weight: 150-ish

5) Your biggest success this week: back to exercising regularly. Although I haven't had a stall (knock on wood) my weight loss was much lower when I didn't get in my exercise consistently. It's a good feeling when the scale moves when you know how much time you put in at the gym.

6) Your biggest struggle this week: still having a period every other week and reflux. Changed birth control...not helping yet. So I'm a little crazy hormone wise, but I feel great!

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 7", 236

2) Weight day of surgery: 226

3) 14 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 2.9 pounds lost (whoo hoo! That's big for me!!!) current weight 187.2

4) Goal weight: 175 mini goal by end of August when I leave for my tropical vacation. 160 surgeon goal, 140 stretch goal (although this would out me at a BMI of 22. That's teeny!)

5) Your biggest success this week: Avoiding another stall. I count my blessing everyday that (knock on wood) I have had such an easy time with this surgery. No negative side effects at all. I (gasp) purchased a bikini to possibly wear on our vacation the end of August. If I can get down to 170 by then, I will do it.

6) Your biggest struggle this week: no real struggles this week to report. Enjoying the summer sun and keeping active!

1) height / weight starting our wls programs, 5' 3", highest weight was 300

2) weight day of surgery-239

3) weight 13 week post op / pounds lost/gained: 196.7!!!!!

3 lbs loss this week

Total loss of 42.7lbs

4) goal weight: 130, would be happy 150

5) your biggest success this week: I was off for a week for my birthday and I still lost 3lbs. I was terrified to step on the scale and I had gained over my 3 ounces and would see a 2 at the beginning of my weight again.

6) your biggest struggle this week: I fainted twice at magic mountain! I think due to dehydration and heat. And that was BEFORE I even stepped on a ride. Needless to say it wasn't the best day. Still trying to get enough Water and Protein. I know I still eat way too many carbs.

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs 5'9" 280: 2) Weight day of surgery: 271 3) 14 post op weight pounds lost/gained: 215 (I cheated because last night the scale said 218 so I waited til this morning) 4) Goal weight: 190 stretch 170 5) Your biggest success this week: my attitude, staying positive hasn't always been easy since I have had so many complication but I have done it. The house buying and Reno started to make me depressed but I was able to snap out of it no problem. 6) Your biggest struggle this week: heartburn. I wake up with it. I go to bed with it. Have it in the morning have it in the evening have it at supper time. You know you all sang that out loud. ;). P.s. Dating is getting better. Let's hope I catch a good one who sticks. Lol.