Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

At the end of last month I flew to orlando and I was able to fly in the middle seat (I got my tickets too late) and I had no issues with the seat belt buckling and I could lay the tray table completely down without it hitting my stomach! I've been in a stall for a month : ( and my legs have been retaining Water. I used to take water pills but the dr says I'm not allowed. I actually lost 5 ounces on the vacation. On a usual vacation I gain 10lbs! But once I came back I gained a pound and a half! I don't know what's going on with my body.

At the end of last month I flew to orlando and I was able to fly in the middle seat (I got my tickets too late) and I had no issues with the seat belt buckling and I could lay the tray table completely down without it hitting my stomach! I've been in a stall for a month : ( and my legs have been retaining Water. I used to take Water pills but the dr says I'm not allowed. I actually lost 5 ounces on the vacation. On a usual vacation I gain 10lbs! But once I came back I gained a pound and a half! I don't know what's going on with my body.

Just remember your body has no clue what's going on just like you. It's in a constant state of shock. When I weigh everyday the scale is all over the plAce. I only weigh on check in day now. Focus on NSVs for now. It will happen sweets. ;) just keep making healthy choices. I have banned myself from elevators this week. Next week I'm going to park the furthest from the doors to places. Let's hope I don't die of heat stroke. Lol. Hugs!

I usually only hop on the scale thursdays for my weekly update, but I felt extra huge and so I got on the scale and was down 3lbs. Such a happy sight. I'm 5.7lbs away from onederland! That will be a magical day! My bf and I are going to magic mountain next week for my birthday so I'm praying I don't have issues fitting into the rides. I haven't been there since high school. I was probably close to the same weight back then and back then even though I was big I didn't even think about not fitting. I was tramatized at universal studios years later one time when I almost didn't fit and have constant anxiety about fitting on rides.

Where I work we have to park in a structure about half a block away. I always park in the back, the first spot I see when I come in. Also for every break we have to up and down 2 flights of stairs there and back and then 2 flights to leave the building and another 2 flights at the structure. I used to park on the 3rd level because I told myself if I parked on 3 I could take the elevator. Lol the dumb excuses I would make. Now it's always level 2 and the stairs. But even though I'm lighter (only 33.7 since surgery) my legs feel weak and I'm exhausted at the top of the stairs. I really need to start getting my muscle tone back.

Happy 12 week anniversary everyone! Here's the template to check in!

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs:

2) Weight day of surgery:

3) 12 week post op weight pounds lost/gained:

4) Goal weight:

5) Your biggest success this week:

6) Your biggest struggle this week:

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5'9" 290 2) Weight day of surgery: 271 3) 12 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 222 haven't gotten on scale in two days 4) Goal weight: 170 realistic 190 5) Your biggest success this week: Staying positive. Loving my new job. :-D 6) Your biggest struggle this week: Looking at my ass and realizing without actual working out I have developed to round pancakes. :-0 lol!! Time to hit the gym now that food Vitamins and Water are on track for the most part!!! ;-)

Edited by butterflypinup

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5'8 1/2" - 375lbs

2) Weight day of surgery: 357lbs

3) 12 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: Lost a total of 52lbs since surgery, 70lbs total since I started the entire thing

4) Goal weight: Dream goal is 160, practical goal is 180, goal I will be happy meeting is 199

5) Your biggest success this week: None really. I've gained 2lbs instead of losing anything.

6) Your biggest struggle this week: I've been eating badly because my life is in shambles right now. All I want to do is eat carbs and there's still the frustration of trying to figure out things to eat. I hate cooking, I've always hated cooking and I really hate thinking about what I need to eat, what I can eat and what I can't eat what seems like ALL-THE-TIME. I also struggle with exercising. I'm always tired.

I did Weight Watchers years ago (and did well, lost over 30lbs) and even tracking what I ate then wasn't as much of a pain in the ass as this is.

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 7", 236

2) Weight day of surgery: 226

3) 12 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 1.9 pounds lost this week, 45 overall and 50 pounds lighter than my heaviest of 241 in 2011. Current weight 191.1. Maybe I will take a poop and get into the 180's!

4) Goal weight: 175 mini goal by end of August when I leave for my tropical vacation. 160 surgeon goal, 140 stretch goal (although this would out me at a BMI of 22. That's teeny!)

5) Your biggest success this week: I have noticed this shift in me where I want to exercise verses viewing it as a chore. I think the main difference is I am seeing results and being successful keeps me motivated. Before I would easily give up, as I wouldn't see the scale move or see any improvement. I went for a 2.5 mile walk everyday on my vacation last week up/down huge hills in 90 plus degree heat! Another pleasant surprise is a pic my honey took of me while laying out on the beach. We tried to recreate an unflattering pic he took of me last year in the same location in my bathing suit which horrified me. I still view myself with a fat lens and it was nice to see a difference!

6) Your biggest struggle this week: my weight loss is soooooooo slow! I keep telling myself this will be the norm as I get closer to my goal weight. I do feel lucky that I haven't yet hit a stall and hopefully my skin will continue to bounce back loosing at such a snails pace. I average 1-2 pounds per week. I keep reminding myself that pre-surgery, I would have caved by now and would be munching on a super deluxe chicken burrito. Mmmmm.... Mexican food.

Edited by Bluesea71

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 7" 255 lbs

2) Weight day of surgery: 243

3) 12 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 4.8 lost this week / 62.6 lbs total

4) Goal weight: 150-ish

5) Your biggest success this week: still managing to lose without hitting the gym in a week. I did exercise by walking all over Six Flags on Sunday, but I was in a good habit of exercising at least 4-5 days in addition to my weekend adventures with the kids.

6) Your biggest struggle this week: I allowed mean, hurtful, vile, ugly, people to affect my mood and bring me back down to an overweight, insecure person when I had been feeling so confident and so incredibly happy with myself. My 18 year old sister in law got mad at me over something really ridiculous and sent me a horribly vulgar, hateful message that called me several "fat arse" type names. I know it's stupid to let her affect me since she's just a kid, but I had just shared with my in-laws about my surgery and they were so happy for me and then at the drop of a hat, they turned it against me. My husband and I decided we are done with them as I don't want hateful, negative people like that around me, let alone my kids. Sorry, just had to share since a) I haven't shared with everyone about my surgery and B) that was truly my struggle this week.

Edited by mysleeveid13

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5'8 1/2" - 375lbs 2) Weight day of surgery: 357lbs 3) 12 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: Lost a total of 52lbs since surgery, 70lbs total since I started the entire thing 4) Goal weight: Dream goal is 160, practical goal is 180, goal I will be happy meeting is 199 5) Your biggest success this week: None really. I've gained 2lbs instead of losing anything. 6) Your biggest struggle this week: I've been eating badly because my life is in shambles right now. All I want to do is eat carbs and there's still the frustration of trying to figure out things to eat. I hate cooking, I've always hated cooking and I really hate thinking about what I need to eat, what I can eat and what I can't eat what seems like ALL-THE-TIME. I also struggle with exercising. I'm always tired. I did Weight Watchers years ago (and did well, lost over 30lbs) and even tracking what I ate then wasn't as much of a pain in the ass as this is.

Chin up Melodica! You can do this!

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 7" 255 lbs 2) Weight day of surgery: 243 3) 12 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 4.8 lost this week / 62.6 lbs total 4) Goal weight: 150-ish 5) Your biggest success this week: still managing to lose without hitting the gym in a week. I did exercise by walking all over Six Flags on Sunday, but I was in a good habit of exercising at least 4-5 days in addition to my weekend adventures with the kids. 6) Your biggest struggle this week: I allowed mean, hurtful, vile, ugly, people to affect my mood and bring me back down to an overweight, insecure person when I had been feeling so confident and so incredibly happy with myself. My 18 year old sister in law got mad at me over something really ridiculous and sent me a horribly vulgar, hateful message that called me several "fat arse" type names. I know it's stupid to let her affect me since she's just a kid, but I had just shared with my in-laws about my surgery and they were so happy for me and then at the drop of a hat, they turned it against me. My husband and I decided we are done with them as I don't want hateful, negative people like that around me, let alone my kids. Sorry, just had to share since a) I haven't shared with everyone about my surgery and B) that was truly my struggle this week.

Sorry to hear about your family troubles this week. It sounds like you're doing a great job setting boundaries on how you want to be treated. I find that the older I get, the more it takes for me to get angry. I don't want any person, place or thing to impact what kind of day I'm going to have. I don't like who I am when I'm angry. It changes who I am both mentally and physically. Focus on what you have control over - YOU. We can't control other people. We can only control our feelings, our reactions and how we view a particular situation. Take accountability for your part (and make amends to anyone you may have harmed) and leave the rest.

Hi everyone! Sorry I missed last weeks check in. Everyone is doing great!!

4/8 weight 251

4/16 weight 240

Today......199.6!!!!!! Woohoo out of the 200's and never, ever going back!!!!

Total loss 52 lbs

Success- being home for the summer has allowed me to exercise more. I'm walking an hour a day plus some weights.

Struggle- we are leaving for Disney on Sunday. I know all of the walking will help but not having access to shop or cook worries me. Hoping to still come home after a week as a loser :)

Can't believe 12 weeks! Goal #1 was to get under 200! Next goal 160!

post-213748-0-66184200-1404993606_thumb.jpg

I'm April 23rd

SW: 270

Op Weight: 250

Current weight: 206

Goal Weight: 150

1) height / weight starting our wls programs, 5' 3", highest weight was 300

2) weight day of surgery-239

3) weight 12 week post op / pounds lost/gained: 205.7

Total loss of 33.7lbs

4) goal weight: 130, would be happy 150

5) your biggest success this week: finally breaking a gain/stall. I went on vacation to orlando almost 2 weeks ago. Fulfilled my dream of swimming with manatees! And came back losing 5 ounces after eating tons of junk. On my old vacations I would gain 10lbs in a week bc I would use "vacation mode" as an excuse.

6) your biggest struggle this week: still trying to get enough Water and Protein. I know I eat way too many carbs. I need to find meals that don't gross me out.