Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

I was sleeved on 4/9 and could not break a stall! I met with my nutritionist who has me eating 6 4 oz meals/day with net calories between 800-1000. I eat 2 oz Protein and 1 oz carb and I oz fruit. The scale has gone down 4.5 lbs since I met with her last week, so it does work!!! The 400-500 cal days were not doing it! ????????????????

That's great Somsgal! I'm so happy for you! I tried upping from 600 to 800 for 2 1/2 weeks, occasionally hitting 850, and it wouldn't budge. Then dropped back to 600 and it's moving again! Three pounds in the past few days - phew. I'm so relieved. I will up again though in a week just to keep my body guessing. I think that we DO go into a stasis and at least my body seems to get stuck.

Congrats on getting that moving again!

Happy 11 week anniversary everyone! I'm up in the mountains for 4th of July and (gasp!) don't have a scale available! I will check in with Tuesday's weight! Here's the template to check in!

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs:

2) Weight day of surgery:

3) 11 week post op weight pounds lost/gained:

4) Goal weight:

5) Your biggest success this week:

6) Your biggest struggle this week:

Here are my stats:

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs:

5'8" - 298 lbs

2) Weight day of surgery

280 lbs

3) 11 week post op weight pounds lost/gained:

215 lbs - 83 lbs lost

4) Goal weight:

170 lbs

5) Your biggest success this week:

6.5 lbs

6) Your biggest struggle this week:

Finding time to get workouts in

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 287

2) Weight day of surgery: 277

3) 11 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 35 lb lost since surgery (Mine was 4/29 so I'm only 9 weeks out, and crashing this April group because there isn't one for my date! Hope you all don't mind too much. :blush: )

4) Goal weight:145

5) Your biggest success this week: Continuing exercise and eating right in the face of a longish stall--and then seeing the scale finally move!

6) Your biggest struggle this week: Planning interesting meals within (reduced) calorie and (increased) Protein needs--while not buying too darn much food.< /p>

Edited by katesuccess

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 236

2) Weight day of surgery: 226

3) 11 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: I weighed 193 yesterday, so I lost 1.8 pounds this week. Slow and steady..... No stall yet!

4) Goal weight: 160 surgeon goal, 140 stretch goal

5) Your biggest success this week: I walked on the treadmill 5 out of the seven days for over an hour each time/ 3 mile at a vigorous pace. I also started lifting wights.

6) Your biggest struggle this week: no real struggles.... Except I'm up at the cabin for 4th of July and we spend the majority of our time lounging in the lake. I weighed 45 pounds more this time last year. We go on plenty of trips where I wear a bathing suit, but for some reason I'm dreading putting on a bathing suit this year! I will do it, but so aware how much more self conscious I am! It's almost like as a fat person it's ok to have imperfections, now I'm looking at all of my skinny fat parts! Oh well, motivation to keep exercising!

Edited by Bluesea71

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 6.5" 255

2) Weight day of surgery: 243

3) 11 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 2.4 lbs lost this week 57.8 total

4) Goal weight: 150ish

5) Your biggest success this week: finding a lot more Snacks that I can keep with me and feel like I'm not just eating meat and cheese.

6) Your biggest struggle this week: Honestly, the reflux is still really bad, but I'm getting used to it and I (knock on wood) haven't stalled so I'll take the reflux if I continue to lose. So long story longer, not struggling this week. Happier than I cam remember in a long time.

1) 5'9 290

2) 271

3) 48lbs at 223 today

4)ideal 170 realistic 190

5) feeling back to normal, eating normal, high energy! What a difference regular food and Vitamins have made! Back to my positive CRAZY self! :)

6) nothing to do with weight but the stress of my new house needing work!

Hard to believe that we are almost halfway to out six month mark. They say the largest weightloss happens in the first six months. I'm not really concerned about the number more so how I feel. I'm feeling fabulous! I have gotten rid of almost all my clothes. I'm going to have to start running around naked soon. Lol!!! Last go round I bought uncomfy tight clothes and I do believe the poop pouch in the butt of my pants are back! Going to wait til something falls around my ankles to go shopping again! Hugs my wl fam! ;) happy Friday!!!

Oh my gosh, the poop pouch...too funny. I thought I was the only one that was losing my butt at a crazy rate. It's weird because I've always had a large arse, since I can remember. Even when I was just "thick" in high school, playing soccer and running 3 miles a day, my butt was so big that my friends called me GB for Ghetto Booty. Now, all of a sudden, I look back in the mirror and my butt fell off! So, I have a sag in the back of my underwear. I finally broke down and went from a size 10 underwear (that honestly didn't always fit in the past but I refused to go any higher in size) to a size 7.

Hey all - there's a new BP Labor Day challenge starting This Monday, July 7th. I participated in the 4th of July challenge and it really helped keep me in track every week! If you can't find it in the thread, click on my profile and look for recent posts I commented on. You identify a goal you would like to achieve by Labor Day and check in with your stats once a week. It's fun to see everyone's successes and read their motivating pep talks!

Sorry for being late on my 11 week check-in, I was in Baltimore for the holiday weekend.

1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5'4" 289lbs

2) Weight day of surgery: 281

3) 11 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 249, lost 5lbs! 40lbs total

4) Goal weight: 140

5) Your biggest success this week: I flew in the plane and for the first time the seatbelt fit comfortably and I was able to pull the strap a good 6" to tighten it. My hips didnt overlap to other seats and I was very comfy sitting in the middle seat as well! I wanted to cry cause that was such a major accomplishment to me cause I travel alot and it felt so good fitting in that seat finally!

I am also another size smaller for my tops, Im a 1X now...I was a 3X before surgery.

I have accomplished so much these past couple weeks, Im up to 2 miles of walking!

6) Your biggest struggle this week: I cant really think of one, everything has been going well for me this week.

Sorry for being late on my 11 week check-in, I was in Baltimore for the holiday weekend. 1) Height / weight starting our wls programs: 5'4" 289lbs 2) Weight day of surgery: 281 3) 11 week post op weight pounds lost/gained: 249, lost 5lbs! 40lbs total 4) Goal weight: 140 5) Your biggest success this week: I flew in the plane and for the first time the seatbelt fit comfortably and I was able to pull the strap a good 6" to tighten it. My hips didnt overlap to other seats and I was very comfy sitting in the middle seat as well! I wanted to cry cause that was such a major accomplishment to me cause I travel alot and it felt so good fitting in that seat finally! I am also another size smaller for my tops, Im a 1X now...I was a 3X before surgery. I have accomplished so much these past couple weeks, Im up to 2 miles of walking! 6) Your biggest struggle this week: I cant really think of one, everything has been going well for me this week.

YAY BUTTERFLY! I think the flying thing was so amazing i didn't even mind it!! I fit! Yay us!!!

http://www.trueactivist.com/7-things-to-remember-when-you-think-youre-not-good-enough/#.U7sWYH_cP2E.facebook

7 things to remember when you think your not good enough!

1.The people you compare yourself to compare themselves to other people to.

2.Your mind can be a very convincing liar.

3.There is more right with you than wrong with you.

4.You need love the most when you feel you deserve it the least.

5.You have to fully accept and make peace with the "now" before you can reach and be satisfied with the "later".

6.Focus on progress rather than perfection and on how far you've rather than on how far you have left to go.

7.You can't hate your way to loving yourself.