Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

Butterflypinup - congrats on the move. We closed on our house the week of Thanksgiving and moved right in the middle of the holidays. I TOTALLY understand your fatigue and the emotions thst go along with it! I cried a lot out of sheer frustration throughout the whole moving process. Good luck!!!

Bluesea - sorry about your freezer. That stinks! Ours conked out on us last year, but thankfully my husband is a lot smarter than I am sometimes and we had a home warranty. Stick with it and make the right choices. But who am I telling...you are almost at goal there mama!

You guys are all doing great!! I love to hear the successes and struggles. It makes me feel like I'm not alone!

Starting weight 251

Day of surgery 240

Current weight 210

Goal weight - 1st under 200 then 160

Success- buying size 14 capris!! Old jeans were a 20!

Struggle- making good food choices in my crazy, busy life! Two more days till I'm off for the summer. Hoping to have time to exercise and make healthy food!

My competitive streak is coming out. I am participating in the BP 4th of July challenge and my goal is to get down to 190 by 4th of July. Combine that with this week's goal to start exercising regularly, I am motivated! I walked an hour on the treadmill yesterday morning ( 2.86 miles for 1 hour), lifted some weights and later in the evening, walked another 30 minutes on the treadmill. I guzzled Water all day yesterday to stay hydrated. I woke up this morning 1.7 pounds lighter! Whoot whoot! I'm now at 194.8... But I'll include those pounds in next week's check in!

Mysleeveid13 - good luck with your procedure tomorrow. Sending positive thoughts your way that they are able to resolve your issue soon.

I agree Bluesea we have had a decline. I know Im late checking in, been so busy. Happy 9 week everyone!

1) height / weight starting our wls programs: 5'4, 289

2) weight day of surgery:281

3) weight 9 week post op / pounds lost/gained: 254

4) goal weight:140

5) your biggest success this week: being able to increase my walking distance outside

6) your biggest struggle this week: havent lost any weight this week, hoping this stall doesnt last long

Edited by butterfly2014

Thanks BlueSea. So the endoscope results were good. He saw nothing wrong with my sleeve, etc. Told me to stay on protonix and 2 priolosec at night and come back in a few weeks. He said the reflux is just a side effect of the surgery and hopefully will go away at 6 months. I only ate once today because it is so bad. Been trying to look up foods that are good for reflux but nothing sounded good so I just stayed hydrated all day.

On the other hand, I had a lot of the nurses asking me how much I had lost in how much time. I got soooo much praise from them that I just felt on cloud 9 leaving the hospital. I'm very thankful it's just reflux and really trying to keep it to myself because it could he so much worse. But man! It really hurts and usually I have a high threshold for pain. Oh and my son came home from daycare and barfed all over my floor so that was fun. I really hope it was just something he ate at school and he's done. Really don't think my throat could handle a tummy virus right now. Just thought I'd share since we talk about poop and everything else here. :)

One more thing....I got pictures of the inside of my tummy, etc after the procedure and I asked him what size he thought my stomach was and he said about 1/4 a cup! Crazy, huh? I just thought it was all fascinating.

Speaking of size... About how much liquid can you guys drink at one time now? I've had some burning because I'm not always good at keeping hydrated and straight Water is the quickest way to relieve it. I can 'guzzle' probably 1/2 - 3/4 of a cup if my stomach is completely empty, but it makes me feel oogy. I've never tolerated straight water well though.

I'm not sure about how much, but really the only thing I drink is Decaf unsweet tea with splenda or stevia. (Every once in a while I'll put maybe a quarter of a pack of crystal light in a bottle of Water. The whole pack is way too sweet for me. Really weird since I lived off super sweet tea prior to surgery). I have gotten really thirsty at the gym and accidentally gulped and it felt like I swallowed a huge air bubble. It goes away quickly but it's a reminder to take small sips. But the reason I can't tell you about the volume is I have a 32 oz cup that I fill up every morning and carry everywhere I go. As the ice melts, I fill it back up with ice all day long, so I really don't know how much I'm drinking since I'm refilling. But I'm sipping all day and if my heartburn is bad enough I will just drink instead of eating.

I haven't tried straight Water since maybe 3-4 weeks out. It was really hard to get down and maybe it's just mental but it seemed to feel like drinking a rock as it went down.

I don't find the artificial sweeteners to be too bad, but regular sugar is just sickening. I had some ice cream and it tasted great, but made me sick at the same time, if that makes sense. It's like my brain thinks it tastes good, but my stomach is screaming that it's awful.

I'll have a few sips of soda on occasion, but mostly I drink Water with various flavorings in it as I can't stand any kind of tea. Everything from the cherry Kool-Aid to strawberry Crush to some flavors of Crystal Light (though it's my least favorite out of all the brands).

I will say that I'm getting extremely bored with all the fruit flavors. Sometimes I take sips of the soda simply because they don't taste fruity!

I have always considered myself a DIVA...so I was ashamed to shop at stores that ONLY catered to plus size women, I wanted to fit in sooo bad with everyone else ( skinny) women that I spent tons of money shopping on shoes/purses and etc...being overweight really bothered me emotionally with crazee thoughts and feelings!!

I am very PROUD of everyone NSV!! I went from size 16 to a 14 and I can fit back in all my heels, gaining weight caused me to wear a sz 10 shoe and now Im in 9.5 and a few 9's again

So I've told you all about our weekend trips to Six Flags and how I've had to dig out some old shorts to wear as I keep going down in size....so today, I took the dog out before we left for Six Flags and my shorts literally fell all the way to my ankles as I was trying to take his leash off! I had to stop by the store and buy a pair of shorts as I had none that fit! I usually hated shopping because I would just look for the biggest shirt they had and a size 22 pants or 24 with a belt. But today....I had to step OUT of the plus size women's section and go to the other side! I picked up a 16...too big....picked up a 14. Fit nicely but my daughter said just try on a 12...just to see. And they fit!!!!! I almost cried. I came out of the dressing room to get her opinion and the lady working there said those look great! I was floored. They were just a little snug on me so I got both the 14 and the 12 and wore the 14 and a tank top! I don't think I've worn a tank top in public in like 10 years. Sorry to go on about this but my best friend doesn't seem to want to talk about my weight loss and that's ok. But I did have to share with you guys since you understand. Wooooohooo! Made my day!

April 23rd sleeved...

Starting weight: 270

SW: 250

CW: 213

I just got into size 16!! Woot!! Had one huge three week stall that was horrible but I got through it! I downloaded my fitness pal to help me make my Protein goals! I have between 600 and 800 calories a day! Sometimes I don't make the goal but I get darn close! How is everyone doing? I'm so happy to feel normal again! Went out and had prime rib!! It was yummy!! Of course my son has to eat the majority of it! Hahah