Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

So.... I had a craving for pad Thai noodles tonight. I bought this premade dish at the grocery store and warmed it up in the microwave. As I went to remove it, the whole dish fell out of the microwave and landed on the floor. I'm thinking the bariatric God has made an intervention and is keeping me on track. Sigh, so is it Soup, cottage cheese or tuna fish for dinner tonight? :P

Bluesea71 YES the god is telling you to step away from the carbs!! I am proud of you for realizing what you were doing and then doing the best thing for you! Dig deep and choose this journey- I know the cravings are hard but eat string cheese something to keep it moving! :) you can do this!

Bluesea and Melodica we are human and we make mistakes. Bluesea eventually you will be able to enjoy those carbs we miss so much, in time and of course its always about portion portion portion. You will get to that solid stage before you know it and enjoy those yummy foods 1 ounce at a time. Melodica I highly doubt you will gain any weight, its ok you made a booboo lol besides with moving its kinda hard to stay focused on the healthy stuff so I feel you. As long as you get back on track you will be fine.

Tomorrow is our checkin fellow sleevers! Im a little nervous about getting on the scale I sure hope I see the number drop! Welp Im off to sleep, got to work tomorrow. Goodnite!

Edited by butterfly2014

Happy Four Week Sleeviversary!! Is it really time for our four week check in?!?! Yes, yes it is!!!!

1) height / weight starting our wls programs

2) weight day of surgery

3) weight four week post op / pounds lost/gained 4) goal weight

5) your biggest success this week

6) your biggest struggle this week

Hi everyone- I somehow missed this thread and will have to go back and read it. I had surgery on the 16th also, down about 18lbs including pre-op but nothing since last week! I'm not too worried since I really can't eat too much yet and still just walking. I think with more exercise in a couple of weeks the weight loss will pick back up. So far so good, my surgery is healing well but I really can't tolerate solids much yet. I did have an EGD and all is well, I guess I'm just still sensitive. I have to have the Protein Shake or there's no way I'd get close to enough. This gets better every day though so I know I'll be having to watch how much I do eat soon, just like before. Anyway, glad the pain is pretty much over at this point, getting used to life with a sleeve.

Happy Four Week Sleeviversary!! Is it really time for our four week check in?!?! Yes, yes it is!!!!

1) height / weight starting our wls programs

2) weight day of surgery

3) weight four week post op / pounds lost/gained 4) goal weight

5) your biggest success this week

6) your biggest struggle this week

1) 5'4", 289

2) 281

3) 267/lost 2lbs this week/22lbs total

4) 140

5) Retiring my fav jeans that are way to big on me

6) Accepting the fact that I will continue to lose weight, little worried cause Im losing kinda slow

Edited by butterfly2014

1) height / weight starting our wls programs: 5' 7" 255

2) weight day of surgery: 243

3) weight four week post op / pounds lost/gained: 218 37lbs gone total

4) goal weight: 150-ish

5) your biggest success this week: moving on to purees!!!! Whoooo-hoooo! Made it through a month of liquid diet!

6) your biggest struggle this week: being on my period over a week and having horrible cramps, having increasingly worse heartburn and having a wicked cold on top of it all! But I'm still losing, so I'm not bitter....

1) height / weight starting our wls programs: 236

2) weight day of surgery; 226

3) weight four week post op / pounds lost/gained:

Current weight; 206.6, lost 3 pounds this week, 29.4 pounds overall

4) goal weight: 140, I 'd like to hit onederland in the next two weeks!

5) your biggest success this week: still getting 60-90 grams of Protein in a day. Maintaining on average 550-800 calories. My ability to take in more liquids is increasing, my UTI infection is finally gone after round 2 of antibiotics! I have more energy this week!

6) your biggest struggle this week: finding clothes that don't make me look like I took a dump in my pants. Everything hangs. We are going through a heat wave (100 degrees here today) so I'm finding summer dresses to be an easy solution!

Edited by Bluesea71

Happy Four Week Sleeviversary!! Is it really time for our four week check in?!?! Yes, yes it is!!!! 1) height / weight starting our wls programs 2) weight day of surgery 3) weight four week post op / pounds lost/gained 4) goal weight 5) your biggest success this week 6) your biggest struggle this week

1) 5 91/4 (dr just measured me again) 290

2)271

3)245

4) realistic 190 bmi 170

5) getting food to stay down

6) getting food to stay down and enough Fluid in

Happy Four Week Sleeviversary!! Is it really time for our four week check in?!?! Yes, yes it is!!!!<br><br> 1) height / weight starting our wls programs <br> 2) weight day of surgery <br> 3) weight four week post op / pounds lost/gained 4) goal weight <br> 5) your biggest success this week<br> 6) your biggest struggle this week

1. 5'2"/260

2. 250

3. 237 at a stall : (

4. 160

5. Hiking

6. Still trying to get 64ozs of Water in

Happy 1 month sleevers!

Sorry to the guys that have joined recently, but we talk about everything on here so.....

Anyone having really heavy periods after surgery? Mine were usually light, short, and no cramps due to my birth control pill. This one came a week early and is ridiculously heavy and has gone on over a week. I'm sure it's due to the sudden weight loss and changes going on with my body but man, I'm ready for it to go away! Anyone else having this issue?

Mysleeve I havent had this problem, but my Dr did warn me that sometimes our period become abnormal after surgery but that it would regulare eventually shortly after. Its nothing to worry about really. But of course you can always ask your Dr about it. I know heavy periods are not fun. Mine came a week early this month and it was actually a little more light than usual.

Good Luck!

Ok I just ate grilled chicken for the first time. Feeling full, hoping it goes well. Fingers crossed!

Hello! It's weird not having the Protein Shakes, I don't fully understand the reasoning why except he said that some people do not do well on them. He also said I should have 50 grams max per day. He said I can have everything except raw fruits and veggies, seeds and nuts. He said just make good choices and eat! Yesterday I ate "real" food and today the scale moved down two pounds! I hope the doctor is on to something!! I asked my nut about counting calories but she said not at this point, not sure how I feel about that. I feel like I need a number. Anyway, I am glad to see the Protein shakes leave my life! It's really helped w getting my Water in. I'm hoping to start dropping weight again!

Ops here's my update!

5 2". 251 lbs

Lost 16 since surgery

Success: trying new foods, eating slowly and stopping when I'm full

Goal: 64 ounces and getting more exercise in!

Hello! It's weird not having the Protein shakes, I don't fully understand the reasoning why except he said that some people do not do well on them. He also said I should have 50 grams max per day. He said I can have everything except raw fruits and veggies, seeds and nuts. He said just make good choices and eat! Yesterday I ate "real" food and today the scale moved down two pounds! I hope the doctor is on to something!! I asked my nut about counting calories but she said not at this point, not sure how I feel about that. I feel like I need a number. Anyway, I am glad to see the Protein Shakes leave my life! It's really helped w getting my Water in. I'm hoping to start dropping weight again!

Are you tracking your food intake on my fitness pal or Lose it? I think it's so important to get in the habit of recording what you eat. I've noticed how easy it is to rack up the calories since introducing real food. My sleeve hasn't rejected anything, so everything seems to be fair game. In general, I'm staying away from carbs. If it starts the digestion process in my mouth (ie: starts breaking down with saliva) I avoid it like the plague. I have my lose it app set to 800 calories a day. I usually eat 700-750 calories at this point. 70-90 grams of Protein and as few carbs as I can. I do notice a difference in WHAT I eat. Its true, if i eat protein, I'm stuffed for hours. Anything else, it quickly moves through my pouch and i could eat again 30 minutes later if i wanted. As challenging as those first few weeks were, I'm now beginning to understand the challenges that lay ahead. Its easy when we couldn't eat the first month. While I will never be able to consume the volume of food I did before WLS, a few high-calorie food choices would stop my weight loss. Tracking my food intake makes me think twice before I put something in my mouth. When my calories are up for the day, I stop eating. I have been just eating three meals per day and maybe one snack midday if I'm hungry. The grazing we did all day long right after surgery isn't a good idea for the long haul.

Edited by Bluesea71