Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

Happy Mother's Day to all the sleeve mom's out there! Today is usually filled with lots of food, definitely shifting my life today! Happy to be celebrating with my hubby, and 3 kids (6,10,12). Enjoy your day celebrating!

Happy Mothers Day you beautiful ladies! Hugs!

Welcome to the group Sherry!

Happy mothers day, all!

Question to my fellow sleevers. What do you take when your constipated? Stool softener, magnesium citrate, exlax? I have a bottle of stool softener "colace" but I dont know if Im allowed to take it, will have to ask Dr when I see him this week.

I have another concern, one of my incision seems to be infected (the one in the middle just below my chest), puss and blood came out today and also 2 days ago. It is really red and it hurts to the touch. I called my Dr tonite but instead another Dr called me and he knows nothing of me and was quite blah with me on the phone, he told me to go to emergency room as he cant treat me over the phone and I may need antibiotics etc etc. Anywho I decided Im going to just call my Dr's office in the morning and ask them what I should do. Its not that bad to where I think I need to go to the ER. Seriously? All my other incisions have healed quite nice.

Im concerned but dont think ER is necessary, I know Im not a Dr but I guess waiting til tomorrow to speak to my direct Dr will be better.

What do you guys think? What would you have done?

Edited by butterfly2014

Question to my fellow sleevers. What do you take when your constipated? Stool softener, magnesium citrate, exlax? I have a bottle of stool softener "colace" but I dont know if Im allowed to take it, will have to ask Dr when I see him this week. <br><br><br> I have another concern, one of my incision seems to be infected (the one in the middle just below my chest), puss and blood came out today and also 2 days ago. It is really red and it hurts to the touch. I called my Dr tonite but instead another Dr called me and he knows nothing of me and was quite blah with me on the phone, he told me to go to emergency room as he cant treat me over the phone and I may need antibiotics etc etc. Anywho I decided Im going to just call my Dr's office in the morning and ask them what I should do. Its not that bad to where I think I need to go to the ER. Seriously? All my other incisions have healed quite nice.<br><br><br> Im concerned but dont think ER is necessary, I know Im not a Dr but I guess waiting til tomorrow to speak to my direct Dr will be better.<br><br><br> What do you guys think? What would you have done?

I use Miralax and worked great also I would just wait til tomorrow.

Ironically, I just emailed my dr earlier today to ask him what to get for Constipation. I'll let you know what he says tomorrow. Let me know what your dr says as well about both....hope you are ok.

Ok this is going to sound really weird, but I just have to share. ....I really enjoy putting on lotion and washing my arms and legs now. (Not that I didn't enjoy bathing before) strange I know....but the reason why is because they already feel so much smaller! It's like there is less surface area to clean! I know I sound crazy. But I can't believe the differences already. I guess 2 weeks of clear liquid and 2 weeks of full liquids is really paying off. I'm totally not bragging. ..just felt good about something for once and had to say it! Anybody else noticing weird things you've never thought of before?

Mysleeve I am so with you! I noticed the other day I can see my cheek bones and my face has gotton so much smaller, its weird cause I dont remember the last time being this weight and looking at the mirror has become more pleasurable lol I had to retire a pair of jean yesterday, when you can slide off your jeans easily without unbuttoning them, you know they are too big. They were my fav comfy jeans and now they are all baggy everywhere on me. My friends told me I needed to stop wearing them and let them go lol

Ok onto the next subject. I went to my Dr today he prescribed antibiotics, he said it should soften the incision bump and heal. He said worse case scenario in a week go back and he would have to make a small cut on the incision. Ouch! I so dont want that, so I hope 5 days on these antibiotics work. Prayers up and fingers crossed.

And as far as the Constipation he told me to just buy OTC stool softener like colace or any other. He said to not use magnesium citrate cause that would be too ruff on my tummy, the acid.

Ohhh and last but not least, all my coworkers have noticed my weight loss and when they ask what diet Im doing I say Im doing the dont eat food diet lol Am I lying?? They just laugh at me and compliment me, feels good.

Goodnite my fellow sleevers, you guys are awesome! Feels so good to come on here and share our journey!

Edited by butterfly2014

Hi everyone! Went for my 1 month appointment today with my doctor and nut. I was disappointed cause I only 14 lbs since surgery. I have stayed at the same weight for 10 days now. Super frustrating! My doctor said that happens sometimes because of the Protein Drinks. He said get off the drinks and only get Protein from foods. He said, No more liquid calories! He thinks if I eat more, I will start to drop again. Fingers crossed!! Now to try soft food ;)

Mschwartz, I know how you feel. I had a 12 day stall. Thats interesting how your Dr said its cause of Protein Shakes. Thats a first I heard that one. You will get off your stall, we all go thru it. Good luck with your solid foods!

So.... I had a craving for pad Thai noodles tonight. I bought this premade dish at the grocery store and warmed it up in the microwave. As I went to remove it, the whole dish fell out of the microwave and landed on the floor. I'm thinking the bariatric God has made an intervention and is keeping me on track. Sigh, so is it Soup, cottage cheese or tuna fish for dinner tonight? :P

Edited by Bluesea71

I've been really bad the past couple of days (in more ways than one). My husband and I moved 600 miles. We loaded the truck (with the exception of the very heaviest stuff, I helped). I'm pretty sure I overdid it there. I've also been eating and drinking things that I shouldn't have like bread and Pasta (though still in tiny quantities). I doubt it has affected my weight loss due to all the activity, but eating carbs makes me want them again. We're almost settled now so it will be back to the Protein only. I just feel kinda guilty about it and I really wish my stomach would rebel and make me sick when I eat things I shouldn't!

Hi everyone! Went for my 1 month appointment today with my doctor and nut. I was disappointed cause I only 14 lbs since surgery. I have stayed at the same weight for 10 days now. Super frustrating! My doctor said that happens sometimes because of the Protein drinks. He said get off the drinks and only get protein from foods. He said, No more liquid calories! He thinks if I eat more, I will start to drop again. Fingers crossed!! Now to try soft food ;)

It would be interesting to hear your doctor's theory behind this. I am carefully monitoring and recording every calorie I consume on the lose it app. I do agree that it's best to stay away from liquid calories in general, but difficult to do in the liquid stage! What I noticed is how easy it would be to create a 400-800 calorie plus Protein Shake. Add in Peanut Butter, fruit and other additions and it could easily rack up calories. The ready made premiere protein shake I drink has 160 calories and 30 grams of protein. The Isopure shake I made In the blender with milk the other day ended up being over 500 calories! I ended up pouring it down the sink!