Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

I have a bad urinary tract infection. Starting antibiotics tonight. Just thankful it isn't a leak!!!!

I'm sorry you're having trouble, but I'm glad it wasn't something worse. UTI's are awful though, so I hope that antibiotic kicks it fast. Sip that Water girl. Feel better!

Happy 2nd week sleeviversary everyone! It's time to check in to keep us on track and motivated! Questions: 1) height/weight starting our WLS programs 2) weight day if surgery 3) week 2 post-op pounds lost/gained 4) total pounds lost since program began 5) current goal weight/ pounds to go 6) your biggest success this week 7) your biggest struggle this week 8) What is a new lifestyle change you incorporated this week? (Working girl now has to get out of bed and in the shower! I will answer in a bit!)

1. 5'10" 290

2. 271

3. I don't remember. Lol. I've lost 17 since surgery

4. 36

5. I moved on to liquids yesterday and kept half of them down and mAde progress on dehydration.

6. I tore or pulled a muscle and had to buy a back brace to put pressure on my abdomen to dull the pain :(

7. I drink According to a timer that goes off every five minutes. Hey it seems to be working. ;)

Haha I seem to have made up my own number 5. Goal weight 170 according to bmi chart but I'd be happy with 190. So lbs to 170-84 to 190-64 ;)

I hope you feel better soon, Bluesea! I'm glad it wasn't a leak, but UTIs are awful too.

I learned the hard way this morning about my stomach capacity. I've been on soft foods since Wed. I was hungry so I ate some ham wrapped around a cheese stick. I ate too much too fast and it felt like a painful ball right between my breasts. The majority of it didn't stay down. That's the first time I've vomited in almost 20 years. I learned my lesson though. Back to liquids for a few days! So the moral of the story is that even if you feel hungry, go slowly or you'll pay for it. :-/

Melodica

That is one thing I am afraid of, is when I start eating soft foods and boom off to the toilet I go. I hate throwing up. I hope your doing better with your puree foods now. Eventually we will be able to eat all the yummy solid foods we use to eat.

Have a great weekend folks!

I'm feeling better. I actually felt much better after it came up. I definitely advise taking it very slow, chewing a lot and not taking large bites. I've eaten that exact thing a couple of other times and had no issues, but I didn't gobble it. This is so difficult because my brain doesn't seem to realize that my stomach is smaller.

You have a great weekend as well!

I forgot to mention that I had my two week check up yesterday when I went in with my pain (which turned out to be a UTI). I was moved on to purée food. Whoo hoo. I was craving Mediterranean food tonight and had my DH bring home a plate of lamb/beef Schwarma, hummus, salad and rice. My plan was to purée the meat with a tad of the salad and hummus. I ended up just eating a 1/2 cup of the meat and a few bites of hummus. I am stuffed! Normally I could finish off all of the take out plate and the pita that came with it too. Now lets hope it stays down! So far, so good.

Edited by Bluesea71

Has anyone gotton their period yet and checked to see if they gained/lost or remained the same weight on the scale? My Dr told me I would gain during my period due to Water weight as normal.

Just curious if any of you have had your monthly already and what happened to you.

Has anyone gotton their period yet and checked to see if they gained/lost or remained the same weight on the scale? My Dr told me I would gain during my period due to Water weight as normal.

Just curious if any of you have had your monthly already and what happened to you.

Considering it started THE DAY OF SURGERY, I have a few weeks to go! I'll let you know!

I got mine a couple of days ago and I haven't gained, but I haven't lost either, which is frustrating. It was almost a week late too and has been particularly heavy (though not more painful).

I got mine two days ago, I gained 2lbs, it was super heavy, which isn't normal for me. Not being able to take Motrin wasn't very helpful but I figured it's just another bump in the road!

I got mine the day before surgery so I still have a little while to go.....

Question, if this has already been discussed, plesse forgive me....

What do you all do for nausea? I am finding when I do my walking either outside or at the gym, I am getting really nauseous. I'm drinking Water the whole time and then afterwards, I just feel really sick. I'm on full liquids now and so far the only thing that helps is hot tea.

Anyone else getting nauseous this far out?

Im at my first bbq function with friends. Sipping my Water slowly and enjoying the view of all the different types of food lol I will survive!

Are you drinking straight Water, mysleeve? I know that straight water doesn't sit well with me, but if I add some flavoring it's fine.

Edited by Melodica

Yes. Just plain Water. So maybe a little crystal lite you think? I can't use the whole pack anymore. It's too sweet. But maybe just a little.