Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6mo post op. Down 101lbs. My success ..

Let me begin with I'm 23 years old & have struggled with weight my entire life. Many times I have lost significants amounts of weight to only gain it back (& more) . This weight fluctuation was constant from age 12-23. In 2011 I weighed 180lbs. In August 2013 I weighed my highest as 318lbs. I new my last result had to be surgery. I went for the vertical sleeve on October 21 2013 . And let me tell you, BEST decision I have ever made. Today , 4/14/2014 (less then SIX months post op!) I have shed -101lbs. Day of surgery I weighed in at 304lbs Today I weigh in at 203lbs ;) Here are some pics. Hope to inspire & give hope to anyone considering VSG! post-205641-0-43709700-1397525828_thumb.jpg Before (week before surg) & After (april 2014) post-205641-0-88684200-1397526044_thumb.jpg

post-205641-0-84705000-1397525914_thumb.jpg

post-205641-0-60945500-1397525996_thumb.jpg

post-205641-0-69928200-1397526017_thumb.jpg

Edited by amandamaybeso

Seriously stunning!

WOW!!! You have done an amazing job! You look great :D

Wonderful!

Amazing!!!! <3!!

Wow.. What a transformation.? U look fabulous. !!!!!!!

Thank you all so much<3 it means a lot to me.

Wow!! Keep up the great work!

Let me begin with I'm 23 years old & have struggled with weight my entire life. Many times I have lost significants amounts of weight to only gain it back (& more) . This weight fluctuation was constant from age 12-23. In 2011 I weighed 180lbs. In August 2013 I weighed my highest as 318lbs. I new my last result had to be surgery. I went for the vertical sleeve on October 21 2013 . And let me tell you, BEST decision I have ever made. Today , 4/14/2014 (less then SIX months post op!) I have shed -101lbs. Day of surgery I weighed in at 304lbs Today I weigh in at 203lbs ;) Here are some pics. Hope to inspire & give hope to anyone considering VSG! Before (week before surg) & After (april 2014)

Did you work out a lot? What do you think was the biggest factor in your success? Help a newbie out! Lol

I workout religiously. Cardio is , in my opinion, the way to go , or at least in my case. I run and jog. At the gym I run on the elliptical trainer for 30/45 minutes and achieve between 3 - 5 miles.

You look great we are super close in stats! I'm going to be 23 in 3week. My surgery was August 6 2013 and I weighed 302 lbs that day (highest weight ever was 350) today I weight 193lbs. You look amazing!! Although I'm 8 months post op . You're doing awesome! I have to say your arms look great and have no excess skin how is that!! I feel like my arms looks horrible cause the skin. Any tips on what you do exercise for your arms?

You look great we are super close in stats! I'm going to be 23 in 3week. My surgery was August 6 2013 and I weighed 302 lbs that day (highest weight ever was 350) today I weight 193lbs. You look amazing!! Although I'm 8 months post op . You're doing awesome! I have to say your arms look great and have no excess skin how is that!! I feel like my arms looks horrible cause the skin. Any tips on what you do exercise for your arms?

Thank you so much !!! *Smiles ear-to-ear*

As for my arms, I have truly lucked out. Before my surgery when I was 303lbs my arms were atrocious. They were full of fat AND flab already.

After my procedure I became a gym junkie. My main part of my workouts consist of cardio, especially the elliptical trainer. I have mastered 3 miles in under 30 minutes. I use the elliptical for anywhere from 45-60 minutes & it has the poles where you grab on and pull back & forth with your arms so I believe that's why my arms have toned the way they did.

I still have problem areas that working out cannot be enough. My tummy is in need of a tuck (excess skin) and my bra size went from DD to a C , needless to say I am also praying insurance would cover a procedure to help fix all that lol

Did you work out a lot? What do you think was the biggest factor in your success? Help a newbie out! Lol

Yes working out has become a HUGE part of my life nowadays. Cardio has been my greatest joy both mentally and physically.

The biggest factors I can attribute to my success have been my family. All of them have been beyond supportive BUT the greatest thing was a month before my surgery, my sister had VSG done & we live together & have been each others constant support team.

And , after seeing our rapid success, my two cousins, both around my age too & whom have struggled w obesity their lives too, both underwent the vsg procedure (one in December, the other in February) . So now the four of us are one giant, gym-obsessed, healthy eating, happily shrinking family lol.

Which is more than I could have asked for. Though my family is amazing, my 'friends' (actually 'EX' friends seems more appropriate a term) are atrocious. I had two best friends prior to surgery. One of them is extremely morbidly obese, she always has been for the 10+ years ive known her, has not only stopped talking to me directly, but online posts incessantly how glad she is she didnt have wls and take the 'easy way out' . Meanwhile shes 5'0 and around 340lbs. She is jealous, and the only reason she didnt get the surgery is because she was too lazy to wake up & go to her pre surgical apts!

My other friend was only slightly overweight, around 180lbs, and totally ditched me now that I am almost smaller then her.. Like wtf ITS NO COMPETITION! Jealousy is petty

Well you look great you have such a beautiful face :-) and a gorgeous body!! Where did you get that cheetah print shirt!!! I sooooooo need it lol!!! I feel you on the whole Tummy Tuck thing and honestly I never had much breast before so I haven't really lost much there was a small C cup now I'm a B cup. Went from size 24 to a 10-12 which is great! I wear size M-XL shirts depending on where I get them from... I hope to tone my body more I definitely need to work out more! My belly had two belly flaps one at my belly button then the one at my pelvic area :-( my bf keeps telling me holly shit baby you don't need a tummy tuck your belly is toning up great! I have noticed my flap at my belly button is flattening out pretty good... And don't even get me started on my thighs!!! OMG I hate my thighs . They're shrinking but the extra skin sucks and they're still super thick even not looking at the skin. I think that's where most of my weight I'm still over weight is at lol (I'm about 43lbs over weight still...) other than my excess skin my weight is definitely all in my thighs and a little in my belly -_- well congrats to you for doing sooo great!!! And seriously that cheetah print shirt where you get it!! Lol

Congrats !! Hope I can do the same what are u eating these days!!