Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm in the medical field.

Nurses cannot and should not diagnose. As said there are good nurses and bad nurses. No one should present themselves as someone they are not but everyone should remember we are on the net and don't know who people are. Like I use to tell my son when he was young and iming the "hotties". How do you know you're not iming a hairy old fat prisoner? You don't.

I know a lot of nurses who have been in the field along time that I'd still hate to open my eyes from a coma and find at my bedside. I know some doctors too. So schooling is just that. Training, experience and common sense plays a much bigger role. All the school in the world won't give you that. As for cnas having ability to diagnose...no. But they can have experience, training and common sense. Still if they are really smart they won't try to pass themselves off as something they are not. Someone who knows can always pick it out and it just makes them look bad. Another point here, I'm a nurse and I believe a very good one. How much do I know about what goes on here? Same as the rest of you. I can only vouch for my research and personal experiences.

Just sayin'

I'm a hairstylist and I just got my CNA. I'm going to school for NP. I hope when I graduate the nurses aren't so snobby. There isn't even this much caddiness at the salon! I don't think anyone is causing harm to another by giving a professional opinion. It's just that- an opinion, not a diagnosis. You can take it or leave it.

Edited by Shazam

I am GOD. Tell me I'm not?!!

Not a disciple, a missionary, I am the big cheese themselves.

Muahahahahahaha.

I am also, slightly unhinged :blink:

Of course no one other than a doctor should diagnose anyone. But there are people intelligent enough, who usually correctly know what's going with someone. Nevermind.

. Ok, I agree that sometimes people know a lot and can make pretty good guesses. I was an ICU nurse for many years, and sometimes I'm hearing things on this forum that sound more cardiac than lapband. Folks say call your surgeon and I'm thinking go to ER. Someone came on with a festering wound and said I did too much and popped stitches. I saw the picture and recognized infection immediately, while some who claim to be nurses were saying put a bandaid over it, it'll heal. So, if we listen to everyone here who claims to have the answers, we may not get the answers we need.

Muahahahahahaha.

Does that mean you're in the heavenly field? :)

Muahahahahahaha.

Does that mean you're in the heavenly field? :)

Yessum! A field full of grilled cheese sandwiches :D

I'm never sure how its relevant anyway, even if you are a Dr. You're still here....

Amen to that one April! I'm a psychologist and I have dealt with weight issues all my life. I can help people in their darkest times, but now I'm the one that needs the help and support of all you wonderful people to get me through...education is irrelevant, we are all fighting a good fight against obesity together!

Not to be snarky with you Susysleever, but I'm a CNA, and if I were actually practicing/working, I'd consider myself to be in the medical field. What else would it be, anyway? It doesn't matter whether someone is a Dr., nurse practictioner, RN, CNA, orderly, whatever, if they work in a hospital or something, they're in the medical field. I've found many RN's to be extremely rude, by the way (apologies in advance to the ones who are actually nice people who don't eat their young), and I'm fairly certain that you would get your hackles up if an M.D. talked to you this way.

Edited by Skywalker

Madam Reverie, you HAD to bring up grilled cheese sandwiches AGAIN? I am grieving my grilled cheese sandwiches, and I honestly don't know if I'll ever have one again, because that was my super-secret super-binge food. I never ate that food in the presence of other human beings, and never just a single sandwich. "Kraft singles"... Hahahaha.....

Oh, no. That was supposed to go with me to my grave. What have I done? Now I'm going to have to kill all of you.

Muahahahahahaha.

favorite new yorker cartoon, "on the internet, no one knows you're a dog." (shows two dogs on the computer, with a chat window open)

I thought this forum is for WLS rants...what does this topic have to do with RNs, BSNs or CNAs or MAs...let's stick to topics that are relevant.

Btw it's only illegal where you are signing things as someone else when you are not and I did my BSN at New York University and getting my MSN there also. So there...now can we stay focused on relevant stuff like WLS.

I thought this forum is for WLS rants...what does this topic have to do with RNs, BSNs or CNAs or MAs...let's stick to topics that are relevant.

While I don't agree with the original poster, it doesn't have to be about weight loss.

While I don't agree with the original poster, it doesn't have to be about weight loss.

So if this forum or platform is not for WLS then what is it set up for? What are people ranting about then? It's in relevance to WLS not where my dog ate my homework and let me rant about it. That maybe can be done on FB. This platform is set up for people who are going through major life changes that are in relevance to WLS not about oh I get sick of someone calling themselves a nurse but they are not...come on get real!