Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the ones who got sleeved the first week in april?

One week post op down 9lbs

I'm 1 week out. Down 10lbs. Getting liquids in but still have nagging back pain (gas). Walking more and trying to stay moving without overdoing it. Quite lonely now because hubby is back to work. My biggest struggle I would say right now is the flood of emotions. I know it's due to the surgery but I am a click away from a 'cry' at any moment. I'll be glad when that passes. :)

I was sleeved March 17th. My incisions are healed up nicely and I am feeling okay. I am on the pureed foods and this has been the hardest phase by far. Not because of the discomfort but because I am getting to eat some "real" food. I am craving everything (obviously head hunger). I have noticed that long before my head is satisfied, my sleeve is full full full. This often times leaves me feeling like I still want something. I know this is all in my head...but know that the battles is just beginning at this stage of the game. I did not expect this at all. I did much better mentally on the liquid and full liquid stages. I have lost 20 pounds since coming home from the hospital but am now at a full blown STALL. I have not lost anything for two weeks. This is very discouraging and often depressing. Everyone tells me it is my body adjusting but I have to tell you doubt creeps in more often than not and I find myself analyzing everything I put in my mouth-- every carb vs. Protein and wondering if I am doing something wrong. I didn't expect the stall would affect me this way, but it has. I see my doc on Friday and am worried they will not see the 20 pound loss as enough. I have to keep reminding myself that it has only been one month. It feels like it has been so much longer. Oh and I should also mention that my energy levels seem to have bottomed out. Not sure if it is the depression/hormones (I am on antidepressants so it shouldn't be) or if it is my body still trying to recover from the surgery and near starvation of the first couple weeks. So there you have it. My first month. I welcome any words of wisdom, encouragement or even a swift kick in the pants if you are so inclined.

I was sleeved on March 31 and got out on April 1. Great experience and no regrets! No pain meds needed. Going back to work tomorrow. Eating soft foods; Weight loss has slowed considerably, but I am told to be patient.

I was sleeved on 3/31. Went for my two week f/u today. I'm down 21 pounds. Advanced to puréed and had the most delicious cottage cheese I have ever eaten. Looking forward to a scrambled egg in the morning. I am never hungry but often confuse stomach rumbling with hunger so I'm working on that. I'm going to increase my omeprazole per my surgeon's direction to help with this.

I wish I had done more mental preparation prior to surgery. I am struggling with head hunger. My surgeon said that three weeks out can be one of the toughest times. I just don't want to screw anything up. It was such a long road to this point.

Good luck everyone.

I was sleeved March 17th. My incisions are healed up nicely and I am feeling okay. I am on the pureed foods and this has been the hardest phase by far. Not because of the discomfort but because I am getting to eat some "real" food. I am craving everything (obviously head hunger). I have noticed that long before my head is satisfied, my sleeve is full full full. This often times leaves me feeling like I still want something. I know this is all in my head...but know that the battles is just beginning at this stage of the game. I did not expect this at all. I did much better mentally on the liquid and full liquid stages. I have lost 20 pounds since coming home from the hospital but am now at a full blown STALL. I have not lost anything for two weeks. This is very discouraging and often depressing. Everyone tells me it is my body adjusting but I have to tell you doubt creeps in more often than not and I find myself analyzing everything I put in my mouth-- every carb vs. Protein and wondering if I am doing something wrong. I didn't expect the stall would affect me this way, but it has. I see my doc on Friday and am worried they will not see the 20 pound loss as enough. I have to keep reminding myself that it has only been one month. It feels like it has been so much longer. Oh and I should also mention that my energy levels seem to have bottomed out. Not sure if it is the depression/hormones (I am on antidepressants so it shouldn't be) or if it is my body still trying to recover from the surgery and near starvation of the first couple weeks. So there you have it. My first month. I welcome any words of wisdom, encouragement or even a swift kick in the pants if you are so inclined.

Hang in there. We can do this.

I was sleeved on 3/31. Went for my two week f/u today. I'm down 21 pounds. Advanced to puréed and had the most delicious cottage cheese I have ever eaten. Looking forward to a scrambled egg in the morning. I am never hungry but often confuse stomach rumbling with hunger so I'm working on that. I'm going to increase my omeprazole per my surgeon's direction to help with this. I wish I had done more mental preparation prior to surgery. I am struggling with head hunger. My surgeon said that three weeks out can be one of the toughest times. I just don't want to screw anything up. It was such a long road to this point. Good luck everyone.

21 lbs in 2 weeks is awesome. I just went in for my 2 week postoperative appointment. I'm down 13 lbs in 14 days. I wished I was doing as well as you are.

I was sleeved 4/8/14 and was in the hospital until 4/10/14. Like many others my biggest issue is just the bloating, swelling, gas, etc. I have not had real pain since coming home and have not used pain medication so I am glad about that.

On my left side above the biggest incision there is a swollen area about the size of an orange. I am not sure what that is from but I do know they did a liver biopsy while they were in there so maybe it's from that, although I think the majority of the liver is on the right side????

Immediately post op I did have quite a bit of pain and certainly questioned myself at that point but each day is better and better and I have absolutely no regrets at this stage.

While in the hospital I was on Clear liquids. Once discharged I was put on full liquids which is the consistency of skim milk. Yogurt Soup anyone? :-) I have my follow up with the surgeon on 4/23 where I am hoping to progress to the next stage which is blended foods (pudding consistency). Who knew I would get so excited over pudding....lol! Easter dinner this weekend is going to be interesting to say the least but I know I have to follow the rules and don't want to risk injuring my new $40k stomach....haha!

Anyone in central Ohio want to trade emails? Message me!

Tony

Hello, had surgery 4/2. Came home 4/5. Almost zero pain at this point, slightly tender in a few spots. Stayed on almost strictly Isopure, Water and apple juice for a week, now added a cup of Soup a day, tolerating about everything very well. Have yet to experience any issue other than drinking too fast a few times, very uncomfortable. Walking often, no issues with energy. At 2 weeks out today down 33 lbs.

Hello all - got sleeved on March 31st. Doing great and feeling good. My only concern currently is...I tend to be weighing myself constantly! I was losing about a pound and a half a day - and today I weighed and I gained! How can that be? Barely having 500 calories a day and I am super active. Trying to stay positive!

I was sleeved on 4/7, had a few minor complications and had to stay an extra day, This is day nine and I just want to feel better. Pain is not a problem, just feel dizzy, nauseous and tire very easy. I found out I have Fluid in my lungs and they put me on a heavy duty antibiotic which I think is making me feel worse, I am getting everything down except Protein, I know I have to eventually but it actually makes me gag.

i was sleeved on the Monday 7th went home on wed. thank goodness no pain been on liquid diet since down 18 pounds as of today. feeling great

Got sleeved on the 9th. Lost 11lbs the first week and only 3 the second. Anyone else having this problem or know what to do to lose more?

How is everyone making out now that it has been about 6 months??? I have lost 80 since surgery. On a 2 week stall right now, but I know that will pass.