Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop the Whining Over A Few Miserable Days!

I Know this is not supportive and will make a few people upset. But it's My Rant & Rave.

This is not aimed at those experiencing complications from surgery. It's about people that REGRET surgery after a few days or weeks of the going getting tough. Did they research WLS?! Or how how read the many stories on this site about others experiences after surgery? No one said it was going to be easy. Feeling nauseous, vomiting, no energy, not being able to get in all your liquids and Proteins is pretty common. That is no true reason to REGRET this life saving procedure!

Yes I do understand the emotional effects surgery can have on you with your hormones being out of whack. Still not a excuse. I was prepared for all these things. In the hospital I had a few issues with the nursing staff where my pain medication was withheld from me. I was in pain for hours crying, had to call my sister to come to the hospital in the middle of the night. Not ONCE did I wish I didn't have the surgery. I knew soon or later my pain would be managed! And that's the whole point. It will get better. You can't whine and regret things because your experiencing a rough time. Life is like that too.

So UNLESS your have a serious life altering complication SUCK IT UP!!! You knew the possible side effects...

Rant Over

I Know this is not supportive and will make a few people upset. But it's My Rant & Rave.

This is not aimed at those experiencing complications from surgery. It's about people that REGRET surgery after a few days or wks of the going getting tough. Did they research WLS?! Or how how read the many stories on this site about others experiences after surgery? No one said it was going to be easy. Feeling nauseous, vomiting, no energy, not being able to get in all your liquids and Proteins is pretty common. That is no true reason to REGRET this life saving procedure!

Yes I do understand the emotional effects surgery can have on you with your hormones being out of whack. Still not a excuse. I was prepared for all these things. In the hospital I had a few issues with the nursing staff where my pain medication was withheld from me. I was in pain for hours crying, had to call my sister to come to the hospital in the middle of the night. Not ONCE did I wish I didn't have the surgery. I knew soon or later my pain would be managed! And that's the whole point. It will get better. You can't whine and regret things because your experiencing a rough time. Life is like that too.

So UNLESS your have a serious life

altering complication SUCK IT UP!!! You knew the possible side effects...

Rant Over

Hmmm ... wow. Please come back to this thread when you are a year out.

Wow...I think your "rant" is very valid, although, I've never seen anyone post their "true" thoughts about how we (future banders) should feel post surgery. I'm mentally preparing myself for the after effects and currently strong enough mentally to go through the challenges, however, I'm sure its like any other aspect in life... I'll never know how I'm going to do until I go through it. I'm scheduled for April 18th.

I agree.its a major surgery and we all suffer initially...but its a temporary phase...why be angry and shout and rant...

its our own choice....to become more healthy...

Why?! Because someone so soon out of surgery can't possible know about regrets? I don't believe in them. I may be early out therefore not in the clear yet but even if I get a leak or some other complication I'll deal with it.

In a year you will see this thread again and I will ask... You were saying?

I agree.its a major surgery and we all suffer initially...but its a temporary phase...why be angry and shout and rant... its our own choice....to become more healthy...

I wanted to do a rant because it bother me and this site provides a forum for it. No different than vets ranting about newbies freaking out over stalls or not losing any weight after a few days or wks. It's an outlet. Nothing more nothing less.

It's normal for anyone having surgery, especially elective, to have tremendous buyers remorse a few days later...the "OMG! What have I done?" moment. Someone who posts about these regrets, doubts and worries needs support and encouragement. If you (not OP) are someone having these doubts, go ahead and post....

I agree completely lifes tough shit happens stop whining!! It does nothing but help you feel sorry for yourself nothing more nothing less...pull the big girl panties up..be grateful for the help the lapband gives you and if I have offended any one suck it up butter cup cause I was told the same thing when I whined and I am grateful for those people who were straight forward with me. If you want progress work for it nothing comes with out hardwork...

I go into surgery tomorrow. And I have to say THANK YOU to all the people that have posted a rant or a complaint or a complication because it has prepared me. Everyone is different but I like to hear both sides. Some people need support, some just need some advise, some need someone to just listen. So I say rant away, believe me that it helps a lot of people to know what others are going through. The hair loss, the gas pain, the walking to make it better, all those things I learned from people ranting. I go into surgery tomorrow, and I will probably rant about something who knows. I know I will be doing my rant here because I am a single mom and I don't want to bother or scare my kids with my rants so this forum of "sleeved stranger friends" is where I'd be doing all my ranting...So everyone...please keep me in your prayers, and send good vibes my way...tomorrow I will be sleeved and most likely will become a RANTER...LOL

Anyone that elects to undergo this type of procedure is brave. And about an hour or two after surgery, I had a little regret myself, because I felt like I had the worst flu of my life. But as the nausea passed, my regret faded away. I imagine some people have a harder time accepting this change, or fully understanding what food meant for them--a type of solace and comfort. Many of us got quite adept at denial, at talking the talk, but not walking the walk.

I take it from your screen name that you have not always been obese, but many, many people on this page have no idea what it's like to be thin. I think their difficulties might be different than yours or mine.

Why?! Because someone so soon out of surgery can't possible know about regrets? I don't believe in them. I may be early out therefore not in the clear yet but even if I get a leak or some other complication I'll deal with it.

In a year you will see this thread again and I will ask... You were saying?

See you in a year.

me personally I will get on here and tell everyone about a slip of my lapband but I do not play poor me .....life is horrible bull crap. When you see the same people whine day in and day out its annoying... The lapband does not change or help a case of a bad personality. I did not get my lapband to sit behind a computer for the rest of my life and find the negative in everything I got it to live a better life....since getting lapband I have done 10 5ks, I got a motorcycle license and ride, no me sitting on couch stuffing my face. I would love to see more posts about the positive things that people are accomplishing...people go live!!!!

I go into surgery tomorrow. And I have to say THANK YOU to all the people that have posted a rant or a complaint or a complication because it has prepared me. Everyone is different but I like to hear both sides. Some people need support, some just need some advise, some need someone to just listen. So I say rant away, believe me that it helps a lot of people to know what others are going through. The Hair loss, the gas pain, the walking to make it better, all those things I learned from people ranting. I go into surgery tomorrow, and I will probably rant about something who knows. I know I will be doing my rant here because I am a single mom and I don't want to bother or scare my kids with my rants so this forum of "sleeved stranger friends" is where I'd be doing all my ranting...So everyone...please keep me in your prayers, and send good vibes my way...tomorrow I will be sleeved and most likely will become a RANTER...LOL

I'm not bother by those that post their bad experiences. Just those that regret having surgery because a few bad days that will get better. Please rant and rave. Best wishes for surgery tomorrow and a amazing recovery.

Temporarily have buyer's remorse / regrets is a NORMAL POST -OP phase. Be grateful if you didn't experience it but more WLS patients experience it than not. It passes just like the liquids and purée food stages.

I'm glad I did go thru it, as it made me realize my recovery was pretty much normal

I have had some ups and downs not pretty at all but I do not dwell on it I move past it. My personality is live life to the fullest ...as if everyday may be your last. I go out a lot I have a bad cause of arthritis but who cares get up and get moving