Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all,

Now I can't give any details just yet, as myself and many others are in the process of a class action lawsuit, but if you are reading this and are thinking about getting a lapband through Slimband please don't do it.

Please look into other places because there are others.

When I can share more information about the concerns about Slimband I found out today, I will post again. I know it might be frustrating that I'm not sharing specifics but for right now, I needed to get the word out that those who are thinking about get banded with Slimband, please don't. And if you have a surgery planned with them, I think you should cancel and go somewhere else.

Again, when I am able to share this information, I will.

Right now I can't go to SlimBand even if I wanted to. On April 8, 2014 I was told I can't get any service from them because I am a patient of Dr. Yau and he resigned. As far as I can remember my contract wasn't with the doctor but with the company and it is not my fault it changed its name (that was an excuse a month ago). Disaster! I don't know where this is going! They are forgetting that their business depends on people and they are pushing people away! This is senseless management!

I was banded by Slimband. I've had a feeling that things weren't going well at 'head office' but wasn't sure. I anxiously await your post...

that is a place I have to forget about. They won't even talk to me.

Hi i am wondering what is the word of slimband and dr Yau.if we have a emergency who do we contact .i am having a endoscopy with another doctor who doesn't know much about the lapband.and i am nervous .Has anyone had a endoscopy with another dr.besides the band doctor ,thanks.how much is it to file a civil lawsuit.

I had this done 5 years ago. Took 2 years of work but I got to my goal weight. The Slimband dosen't do the work for you, You have to do it. And yes there are rules to losing weight, just like for everyone else on the planet. What I love is that sense of being full, which I didn't have, I now do have which to me was most of the battle. I still eat out a lot with my friends, but its nice to be full, see a plate of food and take it home to eat for later without feeling hungry or that craving. Its been a learning curve for sure and a lot of trial by error ( don't eat in front of the TV for the first little bit!)

But I cannot recommend this enough. If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and work towards your weight goal. Then you are going to succeed. Simple. If you are expecting the Slimband to do all the work and not change at least a few of your eating habits, then forget it.

I had this done 2 years ago. It seems like the issues here stem from a lack of success. I'm doing great. Some days are a bit more harder then others, but overall. I'm really happy I did this. My life is much better. I'm more healthier. I have more fun with my kids. And I get to eat the same things they do. I would be happier if it cost me only $50.00. But it is still so much better then any diet out there. I'm also glad I did this with Slimband. I've never had a problem getting a hold of anyone whenever I needed advice. I would highly recommend people do their research, ask a lot of questions but go in with a great attitude.

Don't believe the posts above. they are from new members with only one post each. they are obviously staff of slimband trying to deal with all the bad comments of slimband. slimband takes your money and then does not provide the care they say they wll. with no notice they change the rules as they go along one day you can have a fill the next day you can not. the company is in complete disorganization and I would spend my money at one of the other better clinics in Ontario. slimband has so many bad complaints and especially with the college of physicians. save your money and stress and go somewhere else.

Excuse Me? I Co-Manage a Bath and Bodywords. I'd give you the exact Mall in Ontario that I work in, but you seem like a deranged crazy person. What exactly are you complaining about? The fact that they charge? If you don't' like that move to some other province that covers this and wait a couple of years and get this for free. Your still going to have the same issues you had for not succeeding. Sorry buddy, but you seem insane. Complain about a company all you want because you didn't get your way. But you can do this without relying on fills, if you are. then sorry, your head is not in the game and you should stop expecting the device to do all your work. And don't you dare accuse me of anything if you don't know me. I only came on here because 2 friends of mine who were going to get this done would have screwed up their lives had they listened to your whiny complaints! I came on here in the off chance that there are others who would benefit greatly from this (like myself) but would get scared off because you failed and can't deal with the fact that you didn't follow the rules.

Ok. I think we all need to settle down and take a few deep breathes. Attacking each other will not lead to an understanding. But perhaps there will not be an understanding between everyone because everyone's journey is different.

Now my initial post has nothing to do with how the band works or doesn't work. I have lost 110lbs with the band, so I'm quite thrilled about this. Others have not had any success. For those who have not had success, I don't think it's fair for anyone to accuse you of not working with the band or sabotaging yourself. I don't know you and am therefore not going to judge you. I'm in this for myself and I have no desire to "pick" on those who haven't had a good experience.

So what was my reason for coming on to this forum?

Even though I have had success (therefore I'm pleased with the band) I had the sugary done in 2007 and was guaranteed a LIFETIME SUPPORT SYSTEM for $18,000. This included all fills, refills, correction surgeries, etc.

And now Slimband is not honouring their agreement with me (and other banded on TLBC). Again, many of us (I've been contacted by 62 TLCBer's) have had great success and therefore we are very please with the band.

OUR CONCERN is Slimband as a company. Bottom line, they are not professional. They lie. They don't inform patients of changes. They are condescending. If you make a complaint and call they will hang up on you. Their customer services is a disgrace. A surgeon at Slimband has a tendency to yell at patients post surgery.

IN SUMMATION, the band is great (for me at least). Slimband as a company is great for those who are succeeding and don't have complaints but for those who have the opposite experience, it's a horrible experience.

So shop around. Other places do the LapBand procedure. Ultimately it's an individual choice.

Please stop hurting others with attacks. Talk about your own experience with the understanding that yours is unique and unlike others.

It's not the band! It's Slimband!

Sorry to get all upset. I don't take it lightly when people accuse me of stuff if they don't even know me. I don't like being put into a corner where I have to defend who I am. Like I said, I only came on here after hearing about this site from 2 friends of mine.

Ok. I think we all need to settle down and take a few deep breathes. Attacking each other will not lead to an understanding. But perhaps there will not be an understanding between everyone because everyone's journey is different.

Now my initial post has nothing to do with how the band works or doesn't work. I have lost 110lbs with the band, so I'm quite thrilled about this. Others have not had any success. For those who have not had success, I don't think it's fair for anyone to accuse you of not working with the band or sabotaging yourself. I don't know you and am therefore not going to judge you. I'm in this for myself and I have no desire to "pick" on those who haven't had a good experience.

So what was my reason for coming on to this forum?

Even though I have had success (therefore I'm pleased with the band) I had the sugary done in 2007 and was guaranteed a LIFETIME SUPPORT SYSTEM for $18,000. This included all fills, refills, correction surgeries, etc.

And now Slimband is not honouring their agreement with me (and other banded on TLBC). Again, many of us (I've been contacted by 62 TLCBer's) have had great success and therefore we are very please with the band.

OUR CONCERN is Slimband as a company. Bottom line, they are not professional. They lie. They don't inform patients of changes. They are condescending. If you make a complaint and call they will hang up on you. Their customer services is a disgrace. A surgeon at Slimband has a tendency to yell at patients post surgery.

IN SUMMATION, the band is great (for me at least). Slimband as a company is great for those who are succeeding and don't have complaints but for those who have the opposite experience, it's a horrible experience.

So shop around. Other places do the LapBand procedure. Ultimately it's an individual choice.

Please stop hurting others with attacks. Talk about your own experience with the understanding that yours is unique and unlike others.

It's not the band! It's Slimband!

Hey I'm really sorry you had that experience. Mine was nothing like that at all. Nothing beats being frustrated though so I can see why you're upset. But that is amazing that you lost all that weight, congratulations.