Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for the menu, wow!!!!

As anyone found a Protein bar that has a lot of protein and low sugar ? I'm trying to find the right one, it's just there are so many out there , and I'm not sure on what is right for someone with the sleeve ,

Hi there. In case you hadn't seen it, there's a thread on here about sending away for 3 Atkins bars. I tried to copy and paste it, but I couldn't do it from my phone. If you search Free Atkins Bars, you should be able to find it. If not, let me know and I'll go on my computer and send ya the link. :)

Quest bars. Tons of Protein, most 200 calories or less, low sugars, high Fiber. I'm a year and 3 months out and still often have them for a Breakfast or lunch. Delicious and one is filling enough. Coconut is my favorite, but even the Peanut Butter and jelly ones are amazing. Best prices by the box are on Amazon.< /p>

You are welcome. I have just tried to keep it simple, especially until I see my doc and hopefully meet his first goal of 50 lbs for me. It is satisfying for me....

To the original post...I have researched and tried only two Protein bars- Quest and Pure Protein. For the most part the bars you find readily available at grocery stores or Walmart are the "over glorified candy bar" types. Too much sugar / calories/ carbs etc for what protein benefit they have. I just tried the Pure Protein last night for a change. I did not care for it. The bar I had had an off flavor and was coated in the faux chocolate coating...I did not care for it. I am a Quest bar girl. I see some folks categorize Quest as junk and so on. I personally find them to be a satisfying Meal Replacement. Today I had Coconut Cashew. Here is the nutritional info directly from the package: 170 calories for 1 serving. ( 1bar = 1 serving) Total fat = 6g. (saturated fat 1.5g, Trans fat 0) Cholesterol 5mg. Sodium 250mg. Potassium 90mg. Total Carbs 25g ( Dietary Fiber 17g, Sugars 1g, Erythritol 4g) Protein 20g ... The Quest bars are filling. Early on I could barely finish a whole bar, but now I can. I am satisfied ( ie: full) for several hours after eating. I am getting good nutrition, especially protein, in a single bar. I typically eat one a day for Breakfast. ( hardest meal of day for me to eat) They also have fiber that helps things keep "moving along", which is important after WLS. I have tried every flavor and there are only a couple I do not care for. They are the consistency of a Tootsie Roll more or less so it takes a while to chew them. ( which is great after all the liquid) I purchase mine at GNC. I buy them singularly, not by the box. ( I like to switch up flavors daily) They are sold buy 3 get 1 free so that makes them more cost effective than anything I have found online. Bottom line is it is up to personal taste. I suggest you take some time and do your own research. Pick what you find to be the most nutritionally sound and give it a try, the rest will be up to your own personal taste.

Edited by Roo101769

I was at GNC last night buying some Quest bars to try out and they have that special going buy 3 get 1 free. I'm not sure if that's all the time or not but it made it nice to buy 1-2 of every flavor I want to try.

My NUT recommended them to me. When I was in the store, the (rather attractive) muscle-bound guy at the cash register tried to talk me out of them, saying they weren't a complete Protein, had sugar alcohol in them, blah, blah, blah and how I should try these other Protein shakes instead. He even used "air quotes" when he said my "nutritionist" shouldn't be advising patients to eat these and that I should see a new NUT. So funny... I'm trying to just get out of the store with my products.

Wonder if they get better profit or commission on selling GNC Protein powder??? <_<

I agree. Power Crunch is quite yummy. The vanilla flavor tastes really good, but so does the Cookies & Cream one. Very tasty in comparison to the others out there. Not as much fiber as Qwest, but definite both very tasty!

O'kay! You ready for the BEST one out there?
I like them pretty much all but these are the VERY BESY I have found. :D

"POWER CRUNCH" - vanilla is agh~mazing...

Publix carried them here locally as well as our gym and GNC. Thinking about ordering direct from website.

Oh did I mention theya re $$$ PRICEY??

Try them out and let me know your thoughts.

https://powercrunch.com/

Well...my last trip to GNC they discontinued the buy 3 one free. Boo!!!!! But I bought 14 bars and paid $30. I know the going rate for a case of 12 is $25, plus if you buy online you pay shipping. So it is still basically the same price, plus I can mix and match flavors, which I prefer.

Funny the muscle guy was pimping the shakes, they must be a new product or something. The cute (YOUNG) muscle guys at my GNC all love the Quest bars and stand behind them!!! LOL

I was at GNC last night buying some Quest bars to try out and they have that special going buy 3 get 1 free. I'm not sure if that's all the time or not but it made it nice to buy 1-2 of every flavor I want to try.

My NUT recommended them to me. When I was in the store, the (rather attractive) muscle-bound guy at the cash register tried to talk me out of them, saying they weren't a complete Protein, had sugar alcohol in them, blah, blah, blah and how I should try these other Protein Shakes instead. He even used "air quotes" when he said my "nutritionist" shouldn't be advising patients to eat these and that I should see a new NUT. So funny... I'm trying to just get out of the store with my products.

Wonder if they get better profit or commission on selling GNC Protein Powder? ?? <_<

I still buy Quest bars from Amazon. Averages about $2 bar but good selection available and can get variety packs.< /p>

Hi has anyone found a Protein shake that don't tats like Vitamins ??

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury is really good, but only available via their website (as far as I know). I've been using Isopure since running out of the Unjury and it's pretty good. I don't notice any Vitamin taste to them. I'll also make a "dessert" out of my evening shake by adding extracts or sugar free flavoring syrups (got the "recipies" from Bariatric Foodie's Protein Shake book, but I also experiment on my own). I found a bunch of sugar free syrups at the Home Goods/Marshalls in Holmdel recently, but you can find a ton of flavors on Amazon (Torani and DaVinci brands). Even a tablespoon of Jello sugar free/fat free pudding can doctor up a Protein Shake. And PB2 helps, too. :)

U-N-J-U-R-Y products are great. I love the chocolate Splendor Protein and mix it with ice, skim milk and various add ins: PB2, banana, Torani syrups, even Chike Iced coffee Protein powder which makes a terrific mocha shake.< /p>