Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a buddy & motivation

Hello! I am from Alberta Canada and I was banded Nov.13th by De.Kuri in Mexico. I have had some struggles but I am down 34.4lbs. I am looking for someone who is looking for someone to chat with, hold me liable :), give each other motivation and what not. I could use all the help I can get and I love to meet new people..

This entire site can be your buddy. Just lean on us.

This entire site can be your buddy. Just lean on us.

2muchfun is right. You're able to ask, gripe, toot your horn, holler, sing, nearly anything goes. There are many good people here, seriously. I've found lots of inspiration here. You're able to be honest without almost no judgement. (Occasionally, you might get a couple of downers, but that's anywhere). You can ask a question, and nearly have a response within minutes. This site is a very useful tool.

Everyone goes through a struggle here or there. I think that's part of the journey, where you find yourself You do become stronger along the way.

One bit of advise someone gave me, keep a clothing item from before you loose weight. If you e gotten rid of it, go to a resale shop and buy an item in that size. After you've lost weight and feeling discouraged, try that item on. See how great you look. You'd be very surprised by the difference. I just found a pair of old dress pants. Wow. I was huge. I now have them hanging on my door as a reminder of where I was. I also have a goal too hanging right next to the pant.

Be strong.

I agree 100%. Keep an old pair of jeans. I was banded 2 years ago and fell off the bandwagon. Seeing my weight go up and up and pulling out thosr old jeans was a reality check. I also stopped coming to this site. I felt disconnected and alone. But, I came back to this site a few days ago and it felt like a warm blanket of love and support. I am back on the wagon and will not stray. We should all feel we are each others band of brothers and sisters. Anytime one of us messes up, we are always welcome to the banders home again.

Thanks everyone! This app seems great! And I am hoping to get as much info as possible from here. I am always looking for new ideas wither it be food, exercise, or just routine :) looking forward to getting to know fellow bandsters :)