Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone eat pizza?

pizza is my absolute drug and every time I see it I want it so bad. I am only 6 weeks out and it is impossible for me to eat. I wanted to ask you vets if you eat pizza and at what stage? I'm hoping at maybe 6 months I can try it. But I'm afraid to be in pain.

IF I ever do a big cheat, it'll be on pizza. It's the only food I crave that I forbid myself to have until goal.

I eat pizza maybe once a month. I don't treat it like a cheat. I have one slice.

I am 5 months out - I have had pizza, but never a whole slice. I can't tolerate that much.

Here's what I do instead of doughy pizza from a pizza shop - I take a Carb Balance Tortilla shell, top with pizza sauce, pepperoni and fresh mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until done.

Seriously - it's a great thin crust pizza. My husband requests this pizza often. I also make one with BBQ Sauce and chicken, then top with cheese.

It's a nice alternative.

I am 5 months out - I have had pizza, but never a whole slice. I can't tolerate that much. Here's what I do instead of doughy pizza from a pizza shop - I take a Carb Balance Tortilla shell, top with pizza sauce, pepperoni and fresh mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until done. Seriously - it's a great thin crust pizza. My husband requests this pizza often. I also make one with BBQ Sauce and chicken, then top with cheese. It's a nice alternative.

I used to do this with flat out bread!! Very good!!

I made cauliflower crust pizza this weekend and it was really good! It had a lot of parm and moz cheese in the crust that gave it a lot of flavor.

I am 5 months out - I have had pizza, but never a whole slice. I can't tolerate that much.

Here's what I do instead of doughy pizza from a pizza shop - I take a Carb Balance Tortilla shell, top with pizza sauce, pepperoni and fresh mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until done.

Seriously - it's a great thin crust pizza. My husband requests this pizza often. I also make one with BBQ Sauce and chicken, then top with cheese.

It's a nice alternative.

My wife and I do the same thing. Use a tortilla and sauce but we use turkey pepperoni and the Jimmy Dean precooked turkey crumbles...adds more Protein. Throw on a couple olives, mushrooms and some low fat mozzarella cheese...tastes just like a thin crust pizza from pizza hut. Great treat every once in awhile.

It's a nice alternative.

Great idea, I'm gonna try that!

I eat pizza maybe once a month. I don't treat it like a cheat. I have one slice.

Exactly. I don't treat ANYTHING as a "cheat". It's why I had wls in the first place - so I'd never have to "cheat" on a "diet" ever again.

I occasionally will eat 1/4 of a homemade Boboli crust pizza (with italian cheese, olives, and mushrooms - my fav toppings). I like homemade much better than store or restuarant pizza and if I'm going to eat something - I make sure I LOVE it. I can only eat 1/4 of it, somedays not even that much. So 1 pizza makes 4 meals.

If more people told the truth, I'm sure you'd see a bunch more people eating pizza on here. Pizza is part of life (as is Pasta, bread, and rice) and I eat small portions on everything. I'm now only less than 10 lbs from goal so something must be working...

Exactly. I don't treat ANYTHING as a "cheat". It's why I had wls in the first place - so I'd never have to "cheat" on a "diet" ever again.

I occasionally will eat 1/4 of a homemade Boboli crust pizza (with italian cheese, olives, and mushrooms - my fav toppings). I like homemade much better than store or restuarant pizza and if I'm going to eat something - I make sure I LOVE it. I can only eat 1/4 of it, somedays not even that much. So 1 pizza makes 4 meals.

If more people told the truth, I'm sure you'd see a bunch more people eating pizza on here. Pizza is part of life (as is Pasta, bread, and rice) and I eat small portions on everything. I'm now only less than 10 lbs from goal so something must be working...

Absolutely agree. I have pizza on occasion, and factor it in. I'll have a slice and some salad. I'm not a huge pizza lover so having it on occasion is plenty for me.

I saw this post and just had to scream just a little bit.

Today is day four of Protein Shakes - tomorrow starts 3 days of liquids and ALL I can think of is a double cheese, pepperoni & onion pizza....OMG!

pizza. Pizza. Pizza!!! Oh the fat old days!

I love pizza too! I just eat the toppings now. I'm 4 months out. It can be a slippery slope! But even though I know I can't eat pizza like I did before, I like that I can occasionally get the taste of it. Still got live life right?!

That's what I do too. 1-2 pieces, but only the toppings - NO CRUST.

At at 21 months post vsg I had a kids gluten free pizza at my work the other day and it was great! I work in an all organic green and gluten free restaurant and decided on pizza. An hour later I checked my bs and it was at 82 after 3 small pieces. Being type one I was excited! It was yummy and thin crust with a crunch.

I don't deny myself anything... If my family is eating pizza, I eat pizza. I just don't over do it... I eat 1 piece and never the crust... Most of the time I still can't even eat the whole piece. I am at goal and maintaining for a bit now. I eat a normal diet. I had this procedure so I could live a normal life, not so I could spend the rest of my life on a diet. Don't get me wrong I am VERY conscious of what I am eating and to this day 5 of the 7 days a week I still log my meals into my fitness pal.