Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need breakfast ideas, sick of eggs and protein shakes

I really need some Breakfast ideas. I am low carb so i don't do Cereal. I can't eat eggs every day and I do Protein shakes 3-4 times a week since it is easy. Yogurt is a common Breakfast, too.

Ideas, people?

At my Doctor's suggestion: I ordered the book "Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery"

from Barnes and Noble used for like $5. It has great recipes and ideas in it. Just a suggestion.

I am not 100% on how to use these forums yet, I will try to post a photo of the book.

Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years After Surgery Author: Levine, Patt

Urban, Meredith

0978156924453_500X500.jpg

I know it's high in saturated fat, but if I have the time, I am a fan of bacon and sausages.

Taking a leaf out of my asian friends' book (and 'cause I worked out there for years), I am a massive fan of Asian omelette's.

Standard omelette with cheese, but add green peppers (or capsicums) and fresh green chilies (not that jalepeno rubbish! Real chillies!). Serve with a 1/4 of a tortilla (it's hard to get fresh naan bread first thing in the morning!). YUM!

Alternatively and if I'm feeling naughty and I get up late, it's actually half a ham and cheese toasted sandwich. I take my carbs in the morning. I'm good with that...

If I'm feeling virtuous. Its yoghurt and frozen berries. Tastes like ice cream to me :)

I guess that's pretty dull on balance, but they beat the Quest bars and Protein shakes. I am so sick of those things!

Google Protein pancakes. You'll get a bunch of recipes. I haven't tried any yet, but it might be on my menu next weekend. Haven't really looked at the nuts,yet, so they may have too many carbs.... Actually, I've got Bob's Red Mill organic whole wheat pancake mix I might just add extra egg whites and powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored to and see how it turns out. Maybe make the pancakes thin, almost like a crepe and roll them up with Greek yogurt or cream cheese. That would cut the carbs a little. Mmmmmm. Now I'm hungry. Might not wait till next weekend....

And I know it's eggs, but Huevos Rancheros minus the tortilla has been a favorite of mine since puréed stage. I also mix turkey sausage, cheese and spinach in my eggs for a yummy scramble.

Edited by Kindle

I recently found a blog where the author writes about what she eats each day. It seems pretty diverse. I've been ferreting away ideas for post-surgery:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

there's no law that says you have to have traditional (Western traditional) "breakfast" foods for breakfast! I usually have a romaine lettuce wrap - about two ounces of meat (sirloin, chicken, etc.), slivered up and heated with some sauce and wrapped in the lettuce leaf. Or just heat it up, and add a flavorful mustard and some sugar free pickle relish to sirloin and wrap it up in a romaine lettuce leaf. This breakfast is just about always under 90 calories, gives you about 12 - 13 grams of Protein, and some Fiber from the lettuce as well!

Another favorite of mine is a quarter cup of refried Beans heated up with some cheese and topped with a poached egg - you are sick of eggs, so maybe do some spicy jalapeno sausage instead?

And sometimes I just have something like leftover salmon and some green veggies for breakfast - very healthy and delicious.

I am still pre op but I have not eaten traditional breakfast foods for years...I don't think there is anything wrong as long as you are getting your nutrients to mix it up a bit!

If you are low carber I highly recommend you go online and get some carb quick . It is the low carb version of Bisquick - you can make all kinds of things that you can tolerate.

How about fried ham?

I've posted this before but if you take hemp hearts, chia seeds, Peanut Butter, mix in a bowl and eat hot or cold its a great low carb Cereal. caprese is also a morning favorite. I make a lean mean low carb hemp heart banana peanut butter muffin also.

@@catfish87

http://www.bariatric...om/?s=Breakfast

thanx for sharing, showing this link :)

i briefly checked it out (i'm running out the door) ;)

looks good :)

i can ALWAYS use new food ideas :)

you've lost 137 lbs!!!!! :o

thats terrific!!!! :)

keep up the good job for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :) (i know you will :) )

kathy

congrats

My current go-to, is a bowl of Special K: Protein cereal. It has a great taste. Skim milk and then I sprinkle som powdered milk on top to add a little more Protein. Carbs are reasonable and it ends up being about 15g of protein.

If you are low carber I highly recommend you go online and get some carb quick . It is the low carb version of Bisquick - you can make all kinds of things that you can tolerate.

I have Carbolose flour and Carbquick. made pancakes last weekend...ick :( Will try the biscuit recipe with cheese, maybe the cheese will hide the Carbquick flavor...

I've posted this before but if you take hemp hearts, chia seeds, Peanut Butter, mix in a bowl and eat hot or cold its a great low carb cereal. caprese is also a morning favorite. I make a lean mean low carb hemp heart banana Peanut Butter muffin also.

yes, I saw that post Ely, been meaning to try it. I love hot cereal (or I used to I should say....)