Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight coming off too fast?

I've got a crazy question for you all- is anyone else losing weight at a rate they think is too fast? I was sleeves 3/27 (10 days out) and I've lost 13 pounds since surgery- I'm dropping about a pound a day. This just seems too fast (no complaints- just worried!) I am no getting much Protein in because I can't handle the shakes (NUT is ok as long as I stay hydrated). But I'm sooooo weak and I get dizzy if I overdo it. I have follow up doc appt on Thursday. :) thanks!

That's about right. Its a mental thing to see on the scale, but it is fine.

It will taper off from going so fast very soon. You'll hit the three week stall, which can last for ages and then it plods its way down from there on in.

If you can't get Protein in, at least try and get as much Iron, Vitamin and B12 supplements in as possible. These are incredibly important. Oh, along with your Water, too. As for the Protein, have you tried some protein Water like Isopure clear? Tastes like donkeys arse, but it will keep your levels up.

As for being dizzy? This eases up but you have to maintain your protein and water levels. I'm over 6 months out and if I don't watch it, I can get dizzy when I stand up to fast. Its a constant battle, the water and protein thing.

Breathe easy, you're doing okay!

Not too fast, and half of that was likely Water weight. Just get in your Water, Protein, and vits and you'll be fine.

Unlikely you will continue at a pound a day, so enjoy it while you can :)

You guys are awesome! Thanks! The Protein is a battle right now- I've tried ALL of the brands- the fruit based, the milk based - they are all disgusting. But I may just have to hold my nose and get it in.

So I guess the "3 week stall" is what I should watch out for and look fondly back at the "oh crap it's coming off to fast" when that happens.

I'm keeping my Water up pretty good- I'm not having any nausea and I can almost chug Water without problems :).

Thanks again for the support- this newbie has lots of questions. :)

The best tasting Protein Powder I've found is Jay Robb. It uses stevia instead of splenda. It really does taste good. You can buy a single package to taste it. Plus, 25g of Protein per serving.

You guys are awesome! Thanks! The protein is a battle right now- I've tried ALL of the brands- the fruit based, the milk based - they are all disgusting. But I may just have to hold my nose and get it in.

So I guess the "3 week stall" is what I should watch out for and look fondly back at the "oh crap it's coming off to fast" when that happens.

I'm keeping my Water up pretty good- I'm not having any nausea and I can almost chug water without problems :).

Thanks again for the support- this newbie has lots of questions. :)

I was sleeved 3/26 and am down 20lbs. I also can't get any of the Protein down and I have been feeling the nausea soooo bad. Everyday gets a little better tho! Can't wait to get off the liquid diet.< /p>

I've got a crazy question for you all- is anyone else losing weight at a rate they think is too fast? I was sleeves 3/27 (10 days out) and I've lost 13 pounds since surgery- I'm dropping about a pound a day. This just seems too fast (no complaints- just worried!) I am no getting much Protein in because I can't handle the shakes (NUT is ok as long as I stay hydrated). But I'm sooooo weak and I get dizzy if I overdo it. I have follow up doc appt on Thursday. :) thanks!

I also had surgery on the 3/27 & im down 13.8. I will slow down & some times stall, for mow im happy.

Oh! And you need Vitamin D, too. That's very important.

I was told not to start any Vitamins until 1 month.

I have lost almost 50 lbs since my pre-op diet, and I started my pre-op diet on Feb 26th (39 days ago). That averages to like 10 lbs a week. I know that I am in the "honeymoon" stage and I am making the most of it, because when it DOES slow down, I want to already be close to goal (but even then that is wishful thinking). I am on meds for my galbladder so I am not worried about gal stones or anything forming, which can happen with rapid weight loss.

Hello..I'm 3weeks and 4 days...its been two weeks and I can't loose wt...the first week and 1/2 I was losing fast I'm down 14 lbs but can't lose anymore...how long will this last?

Hi Angiem

I couldn't get the Protein down in the beginning. I was already doing Oh Yeah shakes prior to surgery with no problems. After surgery I lost my taste for them. I read in one of these forums about a whey protein called nectar. Someone wrote about the Double Stuffed Cookie...it's AWESOME!

I really like this forum because we are diverse but we are on the same journey. I also stopped losing once I got on puree, but I'm keeping in mind that it will come off and I will feel and look better. Actually I started losing some inches and I stopped getting on the scale everday...lol!

Good luck on your journey. We all have a fresh start. ..woohoo!

Well I'm going to be bitter Betty. My surgery was March 31 and I've lost 2 lbs. From reading you alls posts, it sounds like you're not eating Protein and your weight is dropping. I am drinking 3 Protein shakes/day for 72 gms of protein and my weight is not dropping. It's stuck to me like super glue.

No, my name is not Betty. I was going to say bitter Bella, but I didn't want to make fun of Kristen Stewart. :rolleyes:

I cut the Protein with half protein and full

Skim milk makes it easier to handle!!!