Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

From personal experience from other surgeries walking and moving is the best way to get rid of the gas. You can try a heat pad also but if you want the best relief have someone to rub it till it goes away. I haven't had a problem with that much with this surgery.

I'm having esophageal spasms from my hernia repair brought on by too cold food. I didn't want to take a pain pill but I finally had to break down and take one. I am also having a lot of intestinal gas and explosive diarrhea. That has been the worst so far.

My surgery was Tuesday and today I got to experience the feeling of eating too much. I don't want to do that again! I are just a bite or two over a half cup and I thought I was having a heart attack from the pressure in my chest. It felt like I had a huge burp lodged sideways and it wouldn't come up, go down, anything. It just went away.

Wow! What have I gotten myself into???

I'm doing okay so far. Drinking tea, diluted juice, sf Jello, sf ice pops, and broth and taking my Multi-Vitamin and Calcium chew. Tried some Tomato Soup but I don't think that was the best of ideas. Are you getting your liquids in?

Cindi,

I have been moved up to the full liquids phase as of yesterday evening so I am eating a lot of Soups. I have also thinned out baby food meats and mashed potatoes really thin. My foods have to be able to pass through a straw but of course you can't use one. I'm having a problem getting in all my fluids and Proteins as of right now, though. I'll work on that more tomorrow.

Cindi, I have been moved up to the full liquids phase as of yesterday evening so I am eating a lot of Soups. I have also thinned out baby food meats and mashed potatoes really thin. My foods have to be able to pass through a straw but of course you can't use one. I'm having a problem getting in all my fluids and Proteins as of right now, though. I'll work on that more tomorrow.

If you have Protein you mix with your soups, fluids and baby food. That's away you could get your protein in.

walking is what has worked for me best. and just letting it out when it needs to exit

Okay so today early in the morning, I had my surgery. I arrived in Mexico yesterday morning for my pre-op and all day appointments with the doctors here. The surgery was fine but it is painful a hell even with meds, Although walking has been easy getting up is very hard and painful. They also repaired a hernia I had and the doctor told me it might hurt somewhat more. Also my blood sugar is up higher then I have had in months, at 140 :( about to take another walk around and go to the bathroom! I don't think I will be on juice later tonight with the levels this high maybe I can have some tea later. Good luck and well wishes to all my fellow banding buddies!

Congratulations on your surgery. Welcome to banded life! I hope you feel better soon. Keep in touch here, try to walk a lot, and take good care of yourself. Keep posting!

I am being banded on the 30th, better late than never I guess. I have had the approval paper in my hands for a few months and chickened out. So now I have made all the arrangements to get this done. I'm excited and nervous. Anyone have any advice?

On day 8 of pre-op. I had carpel tunnel surgery 4 days ago. The pain from that has taking away most thoughts of hunger. This Friday is my day !! Whoot Whoot

Well, my tentative surgery date passed and we are now looking possibly at the last week of May. Still waiting to hear back from my appeal. I've got my fingers crossed, and in the meantime; I'm sticking to eating clean, and exercising. Down 21lbs and counting.

Day 5 of pre-op. Surgery on May 22. Been getting headaches but still sticking with the diet. Kind of worried since I've been seeing a lot of posts of people who aren't successful. But I'm going to stay positive and know this will work for me!

Day 5 of pre-op. Surgery on May 22. Been getting headaches but still sticking with the diet. Kind of worried since I've been seeing a lot of posts of people who aren't successful. But I'm going to stay positive and know this will work for me!

It will pass just be strong

Well tomorrow morning at 9:20 my surgery is. Wow. It's here. Next post post-op

good luck!!!