Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got my date today. Surgery May 27

Good luck, just take one day at a time and listen to your doctor! !

Thanks and I will def listen to my doctor.

good for you Rose2014... i am on day 4 of my pre-op now. It hasent been too bad so far. my surgery is may 16 it will be here before I know it!!

Had my surgery yesterday. Ended up staying overnight in the hospital because I couldn't do the barium swallow. I was too nauseated. So far I'm just sore. My nurse has a walking app on her phone and she said that I have already walked a half mile just getting out of bed. Dr said that he had to use a bigger band due to my hernia bad it will work but it will just take longer to lose weight. At least it's over!

@@tmposton Good for you! I hope you feel well and see some progress soon.

I'll be in your shoes in two weeks and I'm a bundle of nerves. May 20 is speeding towards me! My surgeon isn't requiring a pre-op diet and I've had too many occassions to overeat lately. The surgeon requires my PCP to sign off for final approval of the surgery, so I'm going there tomorrow, and then it's just a few days of waiting and being on edge.

I was the same way the closer it got to my surgery!!

Feeling good as long as I dont overdo it lol!!

Hoping all is well today. Good luck and keep posting !

@@tmposton hopefully you're feeling ok today!

Tracy are you having to do the two weeks of pre-op?

Had my surgery yesterday. Ended up staying overnight in the hospital because I couldn't do the barium swallow. I was too nauseated. So far I'm just sore. My nurse has a walking app on her phone and she said that I have already walked a half mile just getting out of bed. Dr said that he had to use a bigger band due to my hernia bad it will work but it will just take longer to lose weight. At least it's over!

Speedy recovery vibes being sent your way. I already know that I will be in the hospital one night.

@@tmposton Good for you! I hope you feel well and see some progress soon.

I'll be in your shoes in two weeks and I'm a bundle of nerves. May 20 is speeding towards me! My surgeon isn't requiring a pre-op diet and I've had too many occassions to overeat lately. The surgeon requires my PCP to sign off for final approval of the surgery, so I'm going there tomorrow, and then it's just a few days of waiting and being on edge.

Best wishes to you toomuchrose. This is a scary yet exciting major event in our lives.

Hope your feeling better and take care of yourself!!!

Well tomorrow morning I will be at the hospital, I had a reminder call as well as reminding me not to eat after midnight (like I have done that anyways, LOL) anxiety has taken a toll, I haven't even gotten my bag together!!! I was debating on what to ware home as it says not to ware anything tight on your waist, so what has everyone else worn home from the hospital? Also, what are some good drinks for the first few days, the doctors note says to try the clear Protein drinks but they same to have really bad reviews? Should I just stick with tea, Water, and maybe Gatorade? Good luck to everyone else!!

Well tomorrow morning I will be at the hospital, I had a reminder call as well as reminding me not to eat after midnight (like I have done that anyways, LOL) anxiety has taken a toll, I haven't even gotten my bag together!!! I was debating on what to ware home as it says not to ware anything tight on your waist, so what has everyone else worn home from the hospital? Also, what are some good drinks for the first few days, the doctors note says to try the clear Protein Drinks but they same to have really bad reviews? Should I just stick with tea, Water, and maybe Gatorade? Good luck to everyone else!!

You will be okay good luck with everything. I was banded on Monday.

Good luck!! I am on day 5 of pre-op. Today has been the hardest day so far. Come on May 16th.

@@Samirax6 Good luck! It looks like we have a good group here to support each other and send along healing vibes, prayers and helpful advice.

As far was wearing something home from the hospital, I have a couple of full length cotton loungers from what I call the "fat ladies' stores" (Roamans, Woman Within, etc.) that I wear as dresses for casual use. They are loose and have empire waists. Here in Pittsburgh it's already 80 today, so I think by my surgery date of 5/20, it will be the right weather to wear them.

I haven't tried any of the Protein drinks yet. Does anyone have suggestions of what brands are good?