Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not sure. I was just told to buy the shakes and I can have veggies for supper. I did get some recipes so before I get to discouraged I will try some of them. Congrats ladies on great weight loss so far on your pre-op

My pre-op was five days of Clear Liquids. I drank Isopure every morning and it was quite unpleasant, but I got into the mindset of "I can do anything for a short period of time." And I did. That same attitude helped me get through six weeks of post-op full liquids. If you do it without cheating, it actually gets easier as the days go by. That said, I hope I never have to do clear liquids again for a long time.

If I can do it without cheating anyone can!

You just have to set your mind to it!!

My HMR shakes are pretty good. Can add sugar free Gelatin or pudding mix and yum. But half way thru and its getting old

6 days down, 7 to go. Almost half way!

It gets easier with each day. At first I didn't think I could do it but everyone keeps telling me to think sn out the end result!!

I think the pre-op diet is a really good indicator of how ready we actually are for the surgery. I know cheating isn't an option, just as I know that after getting banded, some things I'm putting restrictions on like white, starchy carbs and too much added sugar.

Go into with this positive attitude and I think that will make all the difference. I've been positive during mine, and I only suffered with some head hunger on day 2. Now, if I think I'm starting to get hungry, I'll drink 20 oz of Water or go for a walk.

Head hunger isn't going to go away once we're banded, so we need to make positive changes in our habits.

Stay positive! The moment you think "this pre-op diet SUCKS" or "theres NO WAY I can do this without cheating" you've let your old, overweight self win.

Edited by betty_s

It is an adjustment. A change. For life. Im ready

At least I'm not the only one scared and nervous! My attitude has been lousy recently and I'm fighting what I call the "last meal" mindset. Like, I'd better eat a pizza (or Chinese food or whatever) now because I might never be able to eat it again. I know that's awful, but I'm just being honest about what I'm thinking. At this rate, I'll regain the whole amount I lost in 5 months of dieting to qualify for insurance.

Today my attitude is a little more positive than it was all last week, so I'm hoping to hang on to some will power. I'm having a big party on May 3, and I'll admit I planned it as my "last meal". I was always big on having parties and I don't know what I'll do in the future, I can't see making great food for 30 people and sitting in the corner eating yogurt and cottage cheese myself. I think I'm really scared of giving up my friend food.

I do serve some healthy food, things I could eat post-op when I have guests, but I think I'm also afraid I won't be able to eat in front of other people due to fear of vomiting, etc. How's that for a case of the nerves?

thnaks fo ru r honesty--now here's more

I ATE a buttery lobster roll at sixteen bucks with a friend AND had an ice cream cone too.

Whew i got that out of my sytem when i weighed myself this a.m. i GAINED 4 Pounds! that's for the hall of shame...now to rpeparae for preop diet!

thnaks fo ru r honesty--now here's more

I ATE a buttery lobster roll at sixteen bucks with a friend AND had an ice cream cone too.

Whew i got that out of my sytem when i weighed myself this a.m. i GAINED 4 Pounds! that's for the hall of shame...now to rpeparae for preop diet!

Haha! I guess it's inevitable to have one last slip. I truly think I will follow directions after surgery though because I'm too afraid of causing problems. I saw from another post that you and I have the same date Martha, May 20.