Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok whats wrong with me ! LOL

Ok so im lossing the weight, ie, 45 lbs since 2/12/14, but i havent went down in pants size yet WTF , anyone have any idea on how

Everyone's body drops the weight differently! Sounds like yours is probably coming off more your face, arms, etc. Do your pants feel like they fit better, even if you haven't changed sizes? I've been wearing the same size jeans for the last 30 pounds or so, myself. The waist has gotten loser and they're gapping at the back now, but my thighs and butt haven't gotten any smaller so I can't go down a size. I had forgotten about this problem when I was at this weight on the way up!

I lost more weight on top first than the bottom. I've never been different sizes on top and bottom until after weightloss surgery. At one point I was a 24 on top, 30 on bottom. I've just now, 7 months later, caught up and am 24 top and bottom now. Sometimes our bodies lose weight strangely. There's no accounting for it.

probably your weight is adjusting in other places. Are your shirts looser? Maybe your shoes are looser! Weight loss is sneaky, it shows up in funny ways! Best wishes, tho'! Men usually lose quicker. Karen

It takes more weight loss if you are heavier to drop sizes. In the beginning, I had to lose about 50 lbs before dropping any significant sizes. Now ten pounds or less drops me another size or even two.

I had to lose forty pounds before changing pant sizes. Meanwhile I noticeably lost in my face, chest, arms, and feet.

I've only lost 25# apparently all from my face and hands. I have wrinkles and my wedding ring fell off! lol

Are you sure you haven't dropped a size or 2? I can tell you, pre-op I was cramming myself into a 44" waist pants I probably should been wearing 46 or even 48. So it took a while for my pants to start falling off

Either way I bet you are losing a lot faster than you gained, I'll also bet those pants are a lot easier to button. :P

Edited by O.T.R. sleever

Yeah , I think that's what is going on with me too , tight fitting is now lose fitting ,

I am glad you said that, I thought it but didn't want to offend you!

I was in the same boat as OTR. Which, BTW ... long time, no see, OTR. Create a thread with checking in with us.

I was cramming myself into clothes as I could not bring myself to go to the next size. One of the straws that broke my camel's back in all this. For me, it was just after I had lost 40 pounds that I started going through the sizes. Luckily, I had a box of clothes that I swore to my wife I would wear again one day, so I was able to get them out. The bad news is, after storing those clothes for years, I was only able to wear them for a couple weeks as I blew right through that size. I took basically my entire closet to Goodwill and bought just a couple pairs of jeans and a couple shirts. I knew I would only have those for a few weeks, too.

So, once you do start changing sizes, watch out. Things got pretty crazy for me.