Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any Boise Idaho newbies

Monty it helps to not weigh yourself for a week after you hit a stall. I hit the 3 week stall like clockwork and weighing myself everyday was so frustrating. Ultimately what helped me was increasing my calories and hitting my Protein goal - that helps my break through

I will be having mine at St. Lukes if it all gets approved....about another month before everything gets submitted to the insurance. I have been wanting to go the the support group but keep having scheduling conflicts for the one in Meridian. I think I am going to have to check out one of these others. We are new to town and knew no one before moving here, so I need all the support I can dig up!

I will be having mine at St. Lukes if it all gets approved....about another month before everything gets submitted to the insurance. I have been wanting to go the the support group but keep having scheduling conflicts for the one in Meridian. I think I am going to have to check out one of these others. We are new to town and knew no one before moving here, so I need all the support I can dig up!

Who is your surgeon? I had surgery with Dr. Valentine in February and my sister just had it about 2 weeks ago with him as well. The nurses on the 6th floor are fantastic!

I have been seeing Dr. Korn. I really like him so far. They seem like they have a great practice. 3 more weeks and then everything gets sent to the insurance company. How has everything been going since surgery for you and your sister? Do you go to any of the support groups? I have been wanting to but I keep having scheduling conflicts!

Pocatello Idaho here

We went to 1 support group out in meridian. It's hard with my schedule but I got a lot out of it. My sister and I are still doing good. I've lost about 55 pounds in 9 weeks and she's lost about the same in 3 (she was heavier going into surgery) the nurses on the 6th floor downtown are awesome!! I'm excited for you!

Hey,

Great to find people in Idaho. My sugery with Dr. Oakley is set for June 2nd. Everything seems to be going so quickly. I can't wait to be a year out. I found a trainer near my home. Working out has always been hard in this body. I need that kick in the butt sometimes.

Hope all is well

Jenn

Edited by jenn1

Hello fellow Boiseans! (Boisonites?) I am here in Meridian and smack in the middle of my 3 month jumping through hoops process! Dr Korn will be performing my surgery. I have had my psych eval, in month 2 for my doc supervised weight loss, and will undergo a sleep study here soon. Hopefully will meet some of you in a support group here soon! Just doing my thing and hoping for the day i'm approved for surgery! Thinking it may be August or September...but we will see :D

Hey there. From Boise too. Seeing dr korn. Just finished all my "hoops" and just waiting for the office to submit for pre auth. They said it could take 3-4 weeks for that. Sigh. Hoping for a September surgery date, considering dr korns office said he was 2 months out on the surgery schedule.

Nice to see some locals on here :)

What's new Idaho?

Dr. Oakley did my surgery on June 2nd. He is retiring. So I'm going to see a PA. I stayed at the St Luke's in Boise. They were so great.

Keep posting would love to hear how things are going,

Jenn

Hey Amysosilly! I am exactly where you are at! I am seeing Dr. Korn and have done all the hoops. I had my last appointment for my supervised diet a couple weeks ago and saw the nutritionist a week ago. I am just waiting to hear back on insurance! When I saw Bill (Dr. Korn's PA) he said it would take 4 to 6 weeks fom my last appointment with him until my surgery date. I am getting really ancy because I thought I would have heard from insurance by now....I guess I will just have to be patient!!! Let me know when you get your surgery date....we might end up at the same time!

Hi beuchems! I saw Bill too. Had my last dietary appt with him on June 2nd. They told me it could take 3-4 weeks to find out about insurance approval. I am all antsy pantsy too, keep watching my phone and its only been a few days! I haven't seen the dietician yet, they told me that I needed to have a surgery date first. Let me know when you find out about your insurance and get a date scheduled. Part of me is ready to get this done now, part of me is not excited for another surgery. But I just keep my eye on the prize...a healthier me. Good luck and keep in touch.

Beuchems, any update on a surgery date yet?

No! I actually called the office Friday because it had been a month since I saw Bill. When I saw him he said it would take a couple weeks for insurance and that I should be having surgery about 6 weeks from that last appointment. Well, when I called the office, they hadn't even submitted my paperwork to the insurance. She was super nice and explained that she only does insurance submittals on Wednesdays and that she was simply working her way through the list and that mine should be submitted this week. I must admit that my confidence in the office is a bit shaken. I have never had a surgery so this is very scary! I think Dr. Korn is great and the office seems great but I am a bit frustrated will the PA, Bill. I asked him twice for a referral for a primary care doc and never got it....then the completely terrible info on the surgery scheduling....it's not a big deal....it just makes me not very trusting of him!!!! I am sick of putting all my summer plans on hold so I decided I'm not going to have it until early fall. It probably won't be scheduled until then anyway!!!! How about you? Any word? How are things???

Ugh! I'm so sorry you got the run around. I think we have all been given different info from that office. Which is frustrating. I received a letter from the office on Friday. Did you receive that yet? It basically said that I've met all the insurance requirements and to be patient. Ha! I've also stopped putting off summer plans. Hoping for a September date , but who knows. Keep me updated.