Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fifty and Fabulous!

Just wanted to get all my FIFTY-SOMETHING year old friends interested....

So much better than FIFTY AND FAT !!!!!

I'm heading up a 40 year class reunion ( from my ELEMENTARY school ) and the reunion is in one month. For years, my mentality would have been panick mode about three months before such an event about RESTRICTIVE DIETING.......

not any more..... For the first time in decades, my thoughts are about shopping for something fun to wear.... Not what piece of material can cover/hide this body.

Thank you for starting this thread HealthyNewMe! I've considered myself unique on this forum as I have 200 lbs. to lose and I'm also in my mid-fifties. If I could turn back the clock I would. The other day cleaning my desk I found a calendar from 1990 and I weighed 290. I thought if I could turn back time I should have had the surgery then and what a different life I would have had for those last 25 years but the fantastic news is I'm taking control of my life now! I'm glad to see that you have had super success and I'm sure you will be the "Belle of the Ball" at your elementary school reunion.

Hi there, you're going to have a great time at this reunion -- isn't it marvelous to look forward to events now rather than that dread of stuffing into clothes that don't look or feel right and then watching what you're eating the whole time, etc. And Carol, I know just what you mean when I look back at twenty years of struggling but I guess we're lucky for the modern technology that has enabled us to get our procedures safely, etc. So there's that -- and there's the now, where we're all living much more happily and at peace with food.

Going shopping today for the Reunion. I will be looking at size 14-16 clothes......not size 24-26.............YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! Pick out something fun and cute!!

Reunions are so fun when you feel confident. I went to my high school ten-year reunion newly slim and totally loved it, WON a dance contest with the guy I secretly crushed on, and met my future husband on the way out the door.

Then I got fat again, and skipped the 20 and 30 year reunions. My hubby went to the 20-year without me. I was too ashamed to go.

There's always the 40-year reunion....

HealthyNewMe...that is great news 14-16...can't wait to get there!!! Have a blast at your reunion!!! :D