Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for April 9th (or close) buddies.

Looking for a few buddies that are getting sleeved around Aprill 9th.

Hi there. How exciting!! You only have 6 days left!! How is your pre-op diet going? I'm being sleeved on April 14th! I will gladly be your buddy! :)

Hi there. How exciting!! You only have 6 days left!! How is your pre-op diet going? I'm being sleeved on April 14th! I will gladly be your buddy! :)

Squeal! I know! I'm still excited, but I'm prepared for that "omg what i am doing" feeling to creep up. I am doing so well on the pre-op. I think I'm able to stick to it better than my other attempts because I know that it's gone for good. My pre-op diet is no carbs, no sugar and lean Protein. I've gotten very sick on Atkins before so my nut. ok'd some carbs. I've lost 9.5 pounds in 7 days. I bought a new battery for my scale yesterday because I was worried something was wrong with it! lol

How is your pre-op going? What type of pre-op do you have to do? You only have 11 days left!

HEY! CONGRATS!! i am april 21! i start my preop wednesday!! we can be sleeve buddies

Squeal! I know! I'm still excited, but I'm prepared for that "omg what i am doing" feeling to creep up. I am doing so well on the pre-op. I think I'm able to stick to it better than my other attempts because I know that it's gone for good. My pre-op diet is no carbs, no sugar and lean Protein. I've gotten very sick on Atkins before so my nut. ok'd some carbs. I've lost 9.5 pounds in 7 days. I bought a new battery for my scale yesterday because I was worried something was wrong with it! lol

How is your pre-op going? What type of pre-op do you have to do? You only have 11 days left!

@@Fat2FiveK - Haha! I am getting really excited! I don't have to start my diet until tomorrow. My surgeon requires a 10 day pre-op diet. It consists of 3-4 Protein shakes (with a brand that they approve :unsure: ), atleast 64oz of Fluid - Water, crystal light, broth, sugar free Popsicle, sugar free Jello, and 1/2 cup of non starchy vegetables. I have been doing a modified version of this for the past couple of days - a shake for Breakfast, a Light and Fit Greek yogurt and 1 cup of non starchy veg, and then a reasonable dinner. Since Monday, I am down 5lbs! Can't wait to see what I am able to achieve on the full pre-op diet! :)

GREAT JOB!! 9.5lbs in 7 days!! That's SO fantastic!! Just think of how great you're going to feel when even more comes off!!

Did you have to do a 6 month pre-op?

@Erin414 - Welcome!! We can all be buddies! :D

@@Erin414 The 21st will be here before you know it!

hi I am April 9th sleever also, it is very exciting, getting ready for this life change everyone talking about...the pre-op was little hard the first couple of day. U just have to find what works for you and I was ok. am ready, ready ,ready, I am all smiles about april9th good luck to all the April sleever .

Hello! I'm new to this thing and will be sleeved 4.15 I am getting nervous but I am still extremely excited. I am however worried about how to make it through the pre-op diet (I start Saturday) and well frankly post-op too. I'm trying to find creative ways to get my nutrients in.

What type of Vitamins are you all planning on taking? I need to get that figured out.

Any good recipes you've seen so far? Best Soups to purée etc? I see ppl post about mixing cottage cheese with stuff and I'm like YUUUCCCCCCKKKK!!!! I can rock with the cottage cheese alone but not mixed with avocado or something.

Hi My surgery is scheduled for April 16th. I have my pre op on the 8th than start liquids on the 9th. I wonder how surgeon desides how long one will do the liquid pre op? I'm 5' 10" and haven't gotten on the scale lately but weigh around 250.

It seems everyday I have a different worry. One day it's about the surgery. Complications. Next it's about telling people. Post op how I will feel?!!

Wondering who have you all told? Only my best friend who had the sleeve in Oct and my husband know. I don't think I'm going to tell anyone. I don't want any negative feedback. And part of me is ashamed that I'm fat and can't do this on my own.

I am doing the exact same thing. My mother (my ride), my son, and two people I know who've had the surgery are the only ones who know. I haven't even told my close friends. I don't want to hear ANYTHING. I'm already nervous so I don't need any of that in my ear nor do I want to hear "you don't need that". I'm 5'7" and 260. I'm very curvy and for the most part have a flatter stomach so I don't look "THAT" bad (as ppl say) but fact remains I am extremely overweight and with my back issues I'm just living a horrible life. I am so on board with you there.

I have avoided googling any negative testimonials online, I only look up positive stuff. I've watched some YouTube journal vids too those have helped calm my fears.

The Bariatric department at my hospital held a fashion show last night featuring their sleeve/band/bypass patients. It was amazing. I had goosebumps the entire evening and was fighting back tears several times. All of the participants were 6 months to two years out. They had make overs and were modeling clothes from a local department store. I cannot express in words the joy that was on their faces as they walked out holding an old piece if their clothing and then throwing in down to expose their new body. The families of the models had special seating and they were all so emotional and proud of them. Even the somewhat stiff surgeon was choked up when they asked him to speak at the end. I have not felt like changing my mind, but reading the threads here I know it will probably happen. If not before, I may have temporary regrets right after. Last night really helped me fill my "inspiration/motivation bank". I have the memories of those patients and families to reflect on if those doubts creep up. I wish all of you could have been there.

I had my surgery on the 8th. Hows your recovery been? Mines been.kind of painful. My acid reflux.is insanely annoying and I cant.find.a good position to.sleep in at home. Trying really hard to get past the whole "this was a mistake part" lol

I had my surgery yesterday morning (Tuesday). All is well but this gas is giving me a hard time. Plus when I feel I'm ready to burp it's more so stuff that wants to come up. I guess that's the acid reflux.

I'll be so glad to do this swallow study in the morning once that's done I can drink something.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

hi everyone! hope everyone is having a great time and recovering well! i am 7 days into my pre- op and i have lost 11 pounds. i am doing 3 shakes a day and 80+ ounces of clear fluids. i pee all day! its insane like i feel like im always running to the bathroom with the kiddos. I have 4 days til my surgery is anyone else experiencing irritability and crankiness? every soudn seems louder and smells seems more fragrant. i cook every night for the kids it is torture. last night they wanted to go to the movies so i took them and naturally i hold the youngest's popcorn bc she spills it everytime. the smell of popcorn was tempting me llol. I just learned i could season my broth with is nice but no salt. I am really anxious to just get the surgery oer with and start my healing. i feel like my body is going through such weird changes sometimes im freezing sometimes i feel like im in a suana. but usually always tired and low on patience haha.

good luck everyone!

I had my surgery yesterday morning (Tuesday). All is well but this gas is giving me a hard time. Plus when I feel I'm ready to burp it's more so stuff that wants to come up. I guess that's the acid reflux.<br><br> I'll be so glad to do this swallow study in the morning once that's done I can drink something. <br><br> Hope everyone is doing well!!

Don't be so excited about that lol. I had mine and threw it all up when I got back to my room. Not a fun time. Ask if they can give you something more then nexium for the acid reflux. I found it only kind of helps. Glad your keeping a good attitude tho :)