Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@covatila84 own your decision. If someone says that, respond that yes you did. It's okay to have WLS and you felt it enough to have it. The words out now so all you can do it own it. :)

I want to be able to say that, I do...but I just can't! I feel like everything I did was a failure and I know I shouldn't worry about what people think, but I do! I hate that people will think it's the "easy" way out. But really, the friends that I have told have been nothing but supportive.

I am someone who put it "all out there" . I would rather tell people than have them guessing or speculating about me. I feel this was the right solution for me because I do work with a "true "mean girls" clique who love nothing more than to belittle others. I left them no room to gossip about me.

I definitely do not preach or push my choice on any other people, but I don't want to be the topic of conversation when I'm not around , either. 3 coworkers had asked me about my experiences and are also interested pursuing WLS . I'm glad I can help, if it had been a secret, I'm not sure how much help I would have been.

Oh, there'd only be one way to go for me on this one...

Humour.

In response to the question about excess skin, I'd get REALLY over-excited about it. I'd emphatically and conspiratorially touch her arm, leaning close to her face whilst giving a 'howl-at-the-moon-mad' maniacal grin and state in hushed determined tones:

Oh, I know, it's going to be BRILLIANT! I'm going to harvest as much as I can and have the whole thing cut off and transferred to my butt. Why? Because, and I don't know whether you knew, <looking to the left and the right> but I only had the bariatric surgery done in order to emulate my most favourite person in the world...

Kim Kardashian' :blink: <adding an extra sigh of hushed reverence>

At which point, I would produce a laminated picture of the following, press it into her hands and say whilst borderline shrieking

'I'll look amazing, WONT I?!!!!!'

post-181494-0-69896200-1396636804_thumb.jpg

Then I'd skip off into a different room leaving them dumbfounded....

(I know, I need mental help, but if you can't beat them - join them! :D)

I want to be able to say that, I do...but I just can't! I feel like everything I did was a failure and I know I shouldn't worry about what people think, but I do! I hate that people will think it's the "easy" way out. But really, the friends that I have told have been nothing but supportive.

This statement really intrigues me. You have already assigned shame to your medical treatment by admitting to having been embarrassed for having the surgery. You seem to be the one who thinks its the easy way out. I suspect, like me, you sometimes feel like a fraud and are afraid other people will discover it. So here is my question, to you, me and others feeling the same. How much do you have to struggle in order to consider yourself worthy of success? How much suffering entitles you to a quality life? When will you start standing up to yourself? Why do you measure your own success by the level of difficulty exerted in order to achieve it? Now I have to blog all night. Lol.

This statement really intrigues me. You have already assigned shame to your medical treatment by admitting to having been embarrassed for having the surgery. You seem to be the one who thinks its the easy way out. I suspect, like me, you sometimes feel like a fraud and are afraid other people will discover it. So here is my question, to you, me and others feeling the same. How much do you have to struggle in order to consider yourself worthy of success? How much suffering entitles you to a quality life? When will you start standing up to yourself? Why do you measure your own success by the level of difficulty exerted in order to achieve it? Now I have to blog all night. Lol.

yup. truth.

no one makes us feel inferior without our consent.

Very interesting subject. .haven't told anyone besides my parents, hubby, 2 sisters. Parents and sisters don't agree with my decision. Husband say he's behind me 100% supportive. .friends and coworkers. .HECK no I didn't tell them. Don't know what I will say when I return to work 4wks after surgery. I think people hate when others make changes. My family are used to me being heavy..my 2 sisters are dieting and exercising. .to lose weight and they are. 143 &171lbs. And they feel fat and they feel they need to lose weight. .how the HECK they think I feel. .I'm 243lbs. .and they think I'm not big enough for wls..I going to feel strange when I get smaller. .so I can't even imagine how people will see me smaller in the next few months. Wish I could just move away and start a new life somewhere else that no one knows me..lol

You are absolutely right and it's nothing I haven't already tried to tell myself! I don't know why I'm so worried what other people will think because the people that I told are the people that support me 100%. And if people find out and don't support me, why do I care?! I don't know... I don't know why I care about what people think when they don't care about me in the first place and just want to gossip.

I agree that the rudeness of others is just to mask their jealousy. I have made no secret of my surgery to friends, family, even my kids teachers know. Most people want to know what surgeon I used but I do get those questions about the extra skin, I just tell them that is what we have tummy tucks for, if I need it later I will get one, with my boob lift, LOL

Keep up the good work and just keep making them jealous!

yup. truth.

no one makes us feel inferior without our consent.

http://thescrambledalchemist.blog.com