Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Canada - Ontario - Oakville, Mississauga, Burlington

Hello Marymo. Im looking forward to meeting everyone. Sorry, i have no news of any meetings yet. I was banded almost five months ago. No weightloss yet. Hope you are doing well with the band. :)

Thanx for posting chichiA. I find with this "new band" things are not progressing as they did with the more rigid band of yesteryear. I was first banded in Aug 2002, and lost 125 pds. Then I guess with me not knowing that the band had a leak, in the matter of 1

sorry pressed send by mistake, so in the matter of over 1 year I regained about 70 pds. I've lost 40 pds in 2 yrs. 30 more to go!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I recieved a fill last week (now 6.2ml perhaps not enough for any kind of sensation yet?). Ive started swimming. Having saline removed next tuesday to check amount in the band.

Edited by chichiA

Congrats on the 40 pound weight loss Mary!! The rest will come. :)

My fill is at 8.15. I find I still am quite hungry at times. Speak to your dietician. She/he can help you with stategies. I have spoken with mine and she recommemded a few things that make a lot of sense. Take care.

Seeing the dietician in two weeks. Good to know your fill amount, Thx Mary. I will be a bit embarrassed to show my food journal. I had ice-cream.

Hello I am in Mississauga and would love to meet some fellow bandsters. I was banded on May 9, 2014

I am in Mississauga too, I am just learning this site, I am getting banded on sept 17th. Did you get yours at smartshape? how are you doing with it ?? :)

Hello I am in Mississauga and would love to meet some fellow bandsters. I was banded on May 9, 2014

I am in Mississauga too, I am just learning this site, I am getting banded on sept 17th. Did you get yours at smartshape? how are you doing with it ?? :)

I got mine at slimband. I am down 30 lbs. I have been vlogging my progress on YouTube (moniquesjourney). That's been a lot of fun. I am adjusting well to eating with the band. Are you excited?

Left my fill appointment. Im regaining weight. Three pounds total loss. I was banded five months ago. Band is losing saline. Is supposed to be 6.2. It was just under 4 mls.

Edited by chichiA

Hi Chichia> It sounds like you may have a leak in your band. Some doctors were referrring to it as being OSMOSIS. I insisted with my band centre to investigate. Exrays, swallows, all kinds. My doctor finally okayed a second surgery, Lo and behold, there was a definite leak. Don't sit on this. Be assertive!

I got mine at slimband. I am down 30 lbs. I have been vlogging my progress on YouTube (moniquesjourney). That's been a lot of fun. I am adjusting well to eating with the band. Are you excited?. I am excited and very nervous!! My eating is out of control, because I feel I will never be able to have those foods again.....I know this is not rational, but I am still overeating ugh!!!! I thought slim band went out of business?? How expensive was that??

Thank you Mary. Ive got to try to be assertive, because i feel ignored. Its been five months. They are re-checking fill amount tuesday. I feel no sensation of having a lapband even after a fill. I wish that we had a support group.

I wish our primary care givers could be responsible for our fills. That way, we could have a "better grip" of our fills. Haha> All joking aside, they should refer us to our own doctors. Who better than our own doctors who know us inside and out to give us our fills! Just saying.....