Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just starting out - going to an info seminar this Monday evening at OHSU. Would love to hear what you wished you had asked when you were in my shoes! Any advice about OHSU also welcome (heck, any advice about ANYTHING welcome!).

VERY interested in joining a support group, if this ever gets going. I'm in Wilsonville, but can travel. How about churches? They often host groups like AA and NA.

I am starting the process at OWLS with Dr. Emma Patterson. I am waiting to have scheduling contact me to start all the testing.

I am in Tigard, and would like to be able to have a support group.

Melissa

Hey Melissa!

I got the band through Dr Patterson back in May (~60lbs down so far!). I'm in Tualatin. :)

Hey Melissa!

I got the band through Dr Patterson back in May (~60lbs down so far!). I'm in Tualatin. :)

Great to hear! I have my first pre op meeting with the crew on Friday, then I meet with her a couple weeks later. I am nervous and excited!

You will love dr Patterson. Very confident dr.

Is there an update on this? I just attended my 2nd visit with the nutritionist and shooting for a surgery date in mid June 2015 @ ohsu. Would love to meet with a group!

Hello! I am in the process of selecting a Doctor in the Portland, OR area for Vertical Sleeve. Below are the doctors my insurance will cover. Does anyone know of these Doctors or Hospitals, or have you heard anything?? Any feekback is greatly appreciated :)

Oregon Health Science University Hospital
Physicians
Clifford W. Deveney phone
Samer Mattar

Legacy Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center -
Physicians
Emma J. Patterson

Jay C. Jan
Valerie Halpin

Salem Hospital
Physicians
Catherine Boulay
Rajan Nair

Hi! I am currently a patient at OHSU in their bariatric program. I am two months in. Hope to have suegery in early June as my insurance requires a 90 day supervised doctor program. I have met with the dieticians, program coordinators and nurse practitioners. They are all amazing. I have no doubt in my decision to choose OHSU. I have not met with the surgeon yet but I am leaning towards Dr. Mattar simply because of his extensive experience. He is the Professor of Surgery and Chief of the OHSU Bariatric Services Program.

@@kheartskat,

I'm going through the process at OHSU. I initially made the choice because my insurance considers it a "Blue Center for Excellence" (BCBS) and covers the cost at a higher percentage there than Good Sam.

I am VERY pleased with everyone and how well they do their jobs. It's easy to get to, easy to park at, nice people, they each know what they're doing, the program is comprehensive (surgeon, nurse practitioner, nutritionist, physical therapist, etc). Love the materials they give you - an entire notebook of information. Really helped me both understand the process and explain it to family. They work with me and my insurance, keeping track of what I need to do. I do have to say that I have been very proactive about it - working with them.

Best part is they have been very clear that I am now part of the OHSU family - they will be with me though the surgery and beyond, following me for the rest of my life and standing by with support and resources. THAT is a huge relief for me.

The only drawback so far is that their support group meets in the middle of the day in the middle of the week. No way I can get up there for those meetings (and still keep my job). I started going to the evening support group at Good Sam and was made to feel very welcome!

My case has been sent to ins co for approval, so hoping that comes through lickety split and I will be on the losers' bench by early June!!

Best of luck.

Edited by JustBeth13

Hello! I am in Boring Oregon. Just outside of Sandy. I would love to be involved in this! I am trying to figure out who and wheres of my trip to Mexico for sleeve surgery.

Thanks, Angie

Hello I live in SE Portland and am in the WLS program at Legacy Health Will be scheduling surgery soon. I still haven't chosen bypass or sleeve. I'm looking for people that are going through this or have done it before.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm love the program at Legacy health good Samaritan hospital .

On my journey I've looked into four different programs and I really like to want to Good Sam.

Everyone has been great very respectful and understanding.

I had my surgery June 18th 2015 and I had the sleeve. Best decision ever made. I had zero complications, nothing makes me sick and 9 months out I have lost 118lbs since surgery and 146lbs from my highest weight when I started the program at OHSU Feb of last year.

Hello @@VannaD,

I had my sleeve done a few years ago, but if you would like to chat on the phone or meet for a cup of coffee PM me or drop me a line here.

I choose the sleeve because I did not want the malabsorption issues. Almost 5 years out and no restrictions. Best decision I made.

I'm love the program at Legacy health good Samaritan hospital .

On my journey I've looked into four different programs and I really like to want to Good Sam.

Everyone has been great very respectful and understanding.

Hello! I work at good Sam and am just getting started with the program myself! Who will be your surgeon? Mine is Dr. Patterson. I can't imagine being a patient anywhere other than legacy and that's not because I work there. I work there because I trust their programs and patient care :)

Sent from my KFTHWI using the BariatricPal App