Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 Days With No Food. Lord!

Ur a rockstar that's for posting.

Lol no problems...hope it helps :)

I am jealous of those of you who get to eat something more than Protein shakes and raw vegetables!

I am 8 days into a 30 day sentence (ha ha!) prior to my surgery. The first two days were very tough--I was very hungry and also my head felt kinda swimmy and zombie-ish. After the 3rd day it has been relatively easy. The only problem I am having is with Constipation from only drinking shakes and eating 2 cups of raw veggies a day.

I'm on day 2 of the 14 liquid diet. Woke up with my tummy grumbling. But, so far, so good!

3 days till my surgery, did little over 2 weeks shake morn shake afternoon. Lettuce and deli chicken meat for dinner. I did cheat hotdog here piece of pizza there.

Was 380 this morning broke into 359

I had no sugar, no drinks or food.< /p>

Feel good hungery most of the time but I love the scale so much now is worth it.

And get quality shakes. Premier from sams club seem to do well

Hang in there

Get your bariatric Vitamins and start taking them. They help so much.

I had to be on liquids for two weeks. I "cheated" a little the first week. Every day I would have about a half cup of diced chicken and some spinach leaves. I don't think I would have made it through without that.

The thing is every surgeon is different. Some just want you on Atkins, some want you on just liquids, some let you have veggies.

That second week was so hard. I had surgery on Tuesday and I literally spent most of the weekend before in bed. I was depressed, I didn't want to see or smell food, I just wanted to be alone.

One thing I did that helped somewhat was adding spices to me broth, mixing up veggie broth, chicken broth, and miso Soup in different combos. I used onion flakes and garlic to give myself different flavors too.

Hang in there. Are you allowed to have some coffee on yours? That helped me a lot.

My surgery date is Tax day too! Im on day 2. I actually stopped in my favorite chinese restaurant and had a bowl of egg drop soup.since it is basically broth. Day 1 was way worse. I had the crushing headache too. We can do this

I thank you all for your encouragement. This is very difficult! I almost passed out in Walgreen's waiting to check out with the Vitamins, and there was only one person ahead of me. His transaction seemed to take 20 minutes, but was actually only about 1. I broke out in a sweat and I knew I would hit the floor. I gave the cashier my apologies, but told he I needed to lean over on the counter. She told me to sit for a while, but I thought I had just enough strength to get to the car. Thank God I made it! A/C on. This is the worst surgery prep ever. I am now taking the vitamins! Yay! I bought CitraCal, so at least I can chew something, haha. I never wanted to see tax day so badly.

I am jealous of those of you who get to eat something more than Protein shakes and raw vegetables!

I am 8 days into a 30 day sentence (ha ha!) prior to my surgery. The first two days were very tough--I was very hungry and also my head felt kinda swimmy and zombie-ish. After the 3rd day it has been relatively easy. The only problem I am having is with Constipation from only drinking shakes and eating 2 cups of raw veggies a day.

Today is day 5 of "my sentence" (that tickles me)! I cheated yesterday because I don't like the thought of passing out in the streets. I almost didn't post that, but I knew you all would understand. I thought I'd feel guilty or like a failure, but I'm fine. I just hate that pre faint feeling. I've never fainted, but It's a feeling that tells my body to sit somewhere.

My Dr. has patients with over 40 BMI do a 2 week liquid diet. Under 40 can do 1 week. My BMI is 44. I feel like I can do this, but it will take much prayer and support from my new friends. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this site and its phone app.

I thank you all for your encouragement. This is very difficult! I almost passed out in Walgreen's waiting to check out with the Vitamins, and there was only one person ahead of me. His transaction seemed to take 20 minutes, but was actually only about 1. I broke out in a sweat and I knew I would hit the floor. I gave the cashier my apologies, but told he I needed to lean over on the counter. She told me to sit for a while, but I thought I had just enough strength to get to the car. Thank God I made it! A/C on. This is the worst surgery prep ever. I am now taking the vitamins! Yay! I bought CitraCal, so at least I can chew something, haha. I never wanted to see tax day so badly.

So sorry this is so ruff. I understand as I'm struggling today myself. The struggle is REAL but for a life changing cause. Hang in there we got this.

Today is my first day on all liquids, and I do believe my stomach is touching my back! This is really going to be a challenge. I don't understand how some don't have to do the pre-op diet, some do one or two days, and I'm doing two weeks. I'm just going to keep my eyes on the prize. 4/15 is my surgery date, which is also tax day. So essentially, Uncle Sam will be in my pocket whilst Dr. Wooldridge is in my gut. Men are so greedy.

I had a Protein shake for Breakfast, chicken broth, sf Jello and Water for lunch and drank Water all day. I ran back and forth to the restroom so much that I thought of moving my desk there. When I got home I was so hungry I hurried and had a Protein Shake. I guess I'll have vegetable broth, Jello and more water and imagine that I'm at Olive Garden eating my fav chicken and Gnocchi Soup. If anyone can add ideas to this diet, they'd certainly be appreciated. :)

Hey Girl. April 15 is my day too! Can't wait. I start my pre-op diet on Monday. I can have to 2 Protein drinks and one small meal with a lean meat and veggie. The day before it's only Clear Liquids. I dread it. I'm gonna live up it tomorrow! Lol.

I start my liquid diet on Wednesday April 9th. I better follow it to the T lol

Good Luck on ur wls journey!!!

Good luck! You can do this!!!

Im starting day 3 of liquid diet. The first 2 days my stomach growled non stop. Hoping today is better. 3 more days until surgery. Everyone hang in there. We can do it!!!

Today I'm starting day 2. My surgery day is 4.15 also. There is a forum I jumped on looking for buddies near April 9th if you are interested in joining.

Anyway - I'm laying here drinking my Breakfast shake and am starving!!!! LOL I think it's just bc I'm used to no limits. I'm trying to keep telling myself "mind over matter" yea it ain't workin'

Yesterday I ended up eating some Panera Soup. I was told to start 10 days prior with the last 48 hours Clear Liquids (a friend of mine who had surgery a year ago told me to eat Gummy bears the night before - they pass the requirements and help with nausea). I'm allowed a shake, yogurt or similar, another shake, piece of fruit, another shake, and a frozen dinner around 300 cals and a salad. Yesterday I obviously did my own thing. Problem is I've never like frozen dinners.... So I just tried to stay in the cal range.

I'm also so glad to come across this app. This is really going to help!! Let's keep pushing ladies!