Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Fitness Challange!

OK everyone...after a month away from the internet I am back! I saw there wasn't an April Challange posted yet so I figured I would start one. Hopefully some old faces are still around and hopefully alot of new ones! It doesn't matter your fitness level, this is not a competition. Just a fun way to challange yourself to set a goal, get moving and push yourself to exercise. So make a goal...any goal and let's have some fun!

I will kick it off. I plan on a total walking and exercise bike mileage of 130+ miles this month. My best month was around 135 I believe. So 130+ is this months goal. Time to get crackin!

Hi, there.

Thanks for starting the challenge this month. I'm in - recommitting to my exercise.

I will do...15 days of Turbulence Training (I could barely sit, stand or walk the day after my first one) and commit to 80 miles walking/elliptical.

What's everyone else doing?!?!

Hi, there.

Thanks for starting the challenge this month. I'm in - recommitting to my exercise.

I will do...15 days of Turbulence Training (I could barely sit, stand or walk the day after my first one) and commit to 80 miles walking/elliptical.

I would like to know more about the turbulence training.. My body needs more muscle.

I am in, too!! My plan for this month is 1 1/2 hrs cardio, increase eliptical to 30 min and 45 min Natalius workouts both upper and lower with increased weights.

Day one in the books. 4 miles on the recumbent bike and 4.25 miles walking. Total for the month is 8.25 miles.

Elliptical. 65 minutes. 6.3 miles!!

65 mins on elliptical.

Hi and thanks for setting up April. My goal this month is to ride my bicycle 150 miles.

Elliptical. 65 minutes. 6.3 miles!!

That is great. I can't use an elliptical or tread mill because of knees and back. Also I read somewhere that ellipticals are not great for your body because you weren't meant to walk like that. Maybe that is why I can't use one. I am an outsider when it comes to them.

Count me in!!

My goal is to continue the couch to 5K I started on Monday and complete each day.

Elliptical - I'm doing 55 minutes 5-6 days/week I want to increase the intensity level to 3 by the end of this month. Last month went from 30 minutes up to 55.

Circuit/strength- I'm doing 45-60 5-6 days/week I want to organize my days according to muscle groups and increase the weight amounts a little.

Yesterday I woke up sick but still did 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Here we go!

I'm committed to increasing my bike rides to 8 miles and by the end of the month, NOT walk the bike up the big hills along the way. My goal is to ride twice a week.

My next goal is to make my boxing class twice a week (in addition to the personal training time at the same gym each week).

And, then for the fun of it, get a complete ab and leg workout in at least once a week (besides the training session...this is the major focus of these sessions).

Good luck everyone!

Working very hard to get my 10,000 steps a day. Yesterday I was at the hospital with my husband for some tests. But today it is back to the races! I am loving the rowing machine at the gym! I am taking my bike to get air in the tires today I can't wait!

I usually walk to miles on the treadmill on gym days, row two miles and bike about 6 miles on the stationary bike. I can't wait to move most of that outside!~

Hi, there.

I would like to know more about the turbulence training.. My body needs more muscle.

I am in, too!! My plan for this month is 1 1/2 hrs cardio, increase eliptical to 30 min and 45 min Natalius workouts both upper and lower with increased weights.

@@BellaHugz,

I think I'm hooked on Turbulence Training. It's fun, quick and you can feel the targeted areas.

I'm doing the beginners workout this month - I can do it at home which is nice.

I've been looking for some incentive to stay on track. I'm currently doing couch 2 5k. So, I commit to 30 minutes if running/walking, three - four times per week, every week. :)

End of day 3 ad total now stands at 23.25 miles of walking and recumbent bike riding.

I am surprised more people have not joined. A few months ago there were a lot more people. Hopefully it will pick up.

I am committing to weight training 4 days a week and cardio (elliptical, walking, Zumba) for 240 minutes a week. Also want to add in rower 2 days a week (but will start slow with 5 minutes each time) and biking 2 days a week for 10 minutes in addition to cardio mentioned previously. :rolleyes: