Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have this husband see.... and he is increasingly insecure that I will leave him if I have the sleeve surgery. I read the statistics and I see that the divorce rate is high for couples after bariatric surgery. We have been going to marriage counseling as an effort to ease his insecurities, but I really am not concerned that I will decide to up and leave my husband. I tell him as long as he is as supportive as he can be and we keep communication open we should be fine. Have any of you experienced marital issues pre/post op?

Also, on a much shallower note.....my main concern is whether or not I will lose my hair.

statistic that divorce rate is high for couples after bariatric surgery. main concern is whether or not I will lose my hair.

@@Derouin4

i think many people start to enjoy the independence/self-confidence et al - that they might/probably never experienced before

this "new person" might startle/scare some

love your DH like you do, and hopefully things will be fine

i have read from others that their relationships have changed between S.O. - spouse, and friends and relatives too

don't know a "%" of people this happens to

good for you going to counseling as your journey is starting

sounds like you two are going the right way

talking about your future weight loss

possible/probable changes you will be going through

sounds like you have a handle on this - and hopefully all will work out positively :)

continue to reassure DH that you love him :)

as with every thing else

the one thing we all have in common is that we're all different :o

this is true for Hair loss also

i think many/most people lose their hair/thins out

i was one of the lucky ones that only lost their head :onot my hair :lol:

if the worse thing that happens throughout your journey is hair loss.......

thats not too bad, considering what you gaining

or should i say losing :lol:

scarves, wigs - or going all natural - all interesting ways to deal with the situation

hair today, gone tomorrow :lol:

sorry, i accidentally took an extra silly pill this morning :D

good luck :)

best wishes toward pending surgery

speedy recovery :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Hi. In this four year journey that has finally lead me to scheduling surgery I have been in two major relationships. Both men were not really on the train with me which didn't help me at all and I think actually helped me drop out of my program towards surgery twice. I am now single and doing this for me because it's what I want. I want to be a healthier happier me. I'm tired of aches and pains due to being over weight. I don't want my weight to hold me back any further and maybe regret it later and doing the what if game. What if I would have done surgery what if my life could have been so much fuller.

Love is meant to endure. The only way a relationship wouldn't work is because it wasn't meant to. If your given what you need in a relationship then surgery won't change that. ;)

I myself am vain about my hair too and I'm almost positive that I will lose it. I have lost hair in the past with rapid weightloss but hey hair grows back and we shall gain so much for the price of a little bit of short term hairloss. I for one am ready!

Thanks ladies!