Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The bariatric Center of Kansas city, Dr. Hoehn

Hello, I am scheduled for my initial visit with Doctor Hoehn at the Bariatric Center of Kansas City. Are there any members on here that also used this facility and Doctor?

I just had my sleeve on 3/4/14 by Dr Hoen.. I LOVE Dr Hoen but the office could do a little better at communication.. Which I let them know about now several times including this morning.

i am going to Dr Hoehn for a gastric sleeve also. Hopefully will get my surgery around the middle/end of July if approval from insurance goes as planned. I'm in Wichita so I am making frequent trips to KC for my appts with the dietician. Next month I will see the psychologist and dietician the same afternoon.. I wanted to make sure that everything was done right so the drive is worth the effort. I felt comfortable with him. I really liked the dietician as well. Case Manager is growing on me. We'll see how smoothly the process goes and then i'll decide :-)

He is great! I drive 3.5 hours to get there and it's worth it. I'll be 2 years out in August

I am a newbie driving back and forth from Wichita to KC. Dr Hoehn is my dr. I just had my 3rd appt with dietician so I am getting closer and more anxious. Those of you from Wichita do you go to support groups in Wichita or do you drive to KC?

All I can say is WOW. I intend to use Dr Hoehn, but I live 5 minutes from the Bariatric Hospital. He must be really awesome for folks to make that long of a drive. That makes me feel like I made the right decision.

He did my EGD. His partner, Dr. Hamilton, did my sleeve. I'm impressed with all the docs and staff there.

I just enrolled in the bariatric program with my new insurance company, and submitted all my paperwork to the hospital yesterday. I met Connie. She is a sweet lady. I met the Doctors at the seminar I attended in August, and was impressed with all of them. The folks I know who have had the surgery with Dr Hoehn and Dr Hamilton have only stellar things to say about each of them. I can't wait to get this done and start living my life.

Surgery April 9th with Dr. Hoehn

My surgery is May 18th with Dr. Hamilton. Staff has always been very friendly and eager to assist.

My surgery was 4/23/15. Love Dr Hoehn and the center! The nurses were fabulous!!!!! (the office staff is a bit unorganized...but consider how busy they are!)

My surgery date is 6/2/15 with Dr. Hoehn. I had my EGD yesterday with him as well. Everything has gone perfectly smooth but I am self-pay so that helps a bit. I go to my nutrition class on 5/18, my psychologist appt on 5/23, and then I'm off to the races.

I seriously can't wait to get going with this. I am hoping my excitement will get me through at least a little bit of my liquid diet!

@@NCTRNL my experience there really was really outstanding. The hospital part was great, the nurses were great, the doctors were great. Really, I have nothing but great things to say about the whole experience. And, I feel great. :D