Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 LBS down 8 1/2 mths po!

Amazing transformation! Good for you, not only the weight loss but the other accomplishments as well.

@cherbear33 I was just wondering what your diet consists of ... Most people that lose a lot of weight fast seem to be staying on a low carb diet.

@cherbear33 I was just wondering what your diet consists of ... Most people that lose a lot of weight fast seem to be staying on a low carb diet.

I do try to stay away from carbs as much as possible but once or twice a month I allow myself to have basically whatever I want. Such as a a half a tuna or bologna & cheese sandwhich, which I usually do not finish it. I do have a weakness for those darn veggie straws which I allow myself to have as a snack occasionally.

However for the most part I stick to the Protein first, then veggies & I usually have no more room for anything else. Breakfast is usually 2 scrambled eggs or a Protein shake. lunch I may have some lunchmeat rolled up with cheese or approx. 4 to 5 oz of cottage cheese. dinner I will choose from the following, a chicken breast, small piece of steak, chicken burger, shrimp or some type of seafood, tuna, a meatball with meltes mozzarella & a lil bit of sauce with broccoli or some other type of veggie.

Occasionally I will have a couple of spoonfuls of mashed potatos or rice & Beans or Pasta but not very often as those things are still uncomfortable to my new belly.

I do have the occasional snack as well about once or twice a month. I may have a half a candy bar, half a cupcake, or something like that. I have had some fried foods so I would be lying if I tried to say I stick to the plan exactly as planned. I have strayed & I have allowed at times for bad habits to slip in but once I notice I make a conscience choice to nip it in the butt.

For Snacks I usually choose from 2 string cheese sticks, a small handful of peanuts, roasted broccoli with garlic in olive oil.

Edited by cherbear33

You look awesome! Great job! I'm sure you feel wonderful too.

Thank you & yes I do!!! I feel better then I have in about 17 yrs!!!

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!

Thank you so much!!! I never thought in the beginning I would be this far in my weight loss at 8 mths & I am still amazed every day of this journey!!!

Edited by cherbear33

I couldn't notice a difference in your hair either, that's all that matters and you never looked bad, congrats!

Thank you very much I really appreciate all the support & also the unnoticed hair loss!

My hair is a lot thinner & on the sides & in the back I do have some bald spots but when brushed just right it is still hide-able! I have started getting some new growth, I am just hoping it stops falling out faster then it grows in!

Congrats you look amazing!

Thank you very much!

I hit the 100 lbs down mark yesterday March 30, 2014! I am so happy & excited about it. My surgery date was July 18, 2013 & I weighed 321 lbs when I began my journey & recently found out the day of surgery I was 314 lbs but the day I came home from the hospital I was 321 lbs again so that is what I go by. Yesterday I weighed in at 221 LBS!!!

I had been praying that I would hit my biggest goal by my birthday & I made it a week early! My birthday is next sunday & i will be 34!!! This is the most awesome birthday gift I could ever give to myself!

I feel so much better in all areas of my life. I am healthier & down to a weight I have not seen since I was about 16 yrs old.

This weight loss journey not only changed my weight but my life! I have started going back to school to get my GED & then hoping to start a nursing program or something in the medical field after I accomplish my GED! I am more social & go out of my way to speak to people now as well! I have become more outgoing like I used to be when I was younger!

I have been struggling some mentally & emotionally. I have began to feel like a stranger is looking back at me in the mirror & have been told I am in a way grieving my "fatter" self. I know that it will pass & I have called & made an appointment with a therapist who specializes in the weight loss journey, so I know I will be ok & it will take time just as this whole journey does!

A friend of mine just passed away last week from cancer & her support motto was always one day at a time, one foot in front of the other & she would always say that to me as well when I began my weight loss journey & so I will continue to follow her advice & keep moving forward one step at a time!!!

In the pictures below I was 8 mths & 1 wk po & weighed 228 lbs so I have lost another 7 lbs since last tuesday which makes my total 100 LBS!

Congrats!!!!!!

Keep up the good work. Im one week post op. Hopefully I will have as much success as you.

Thank you very much & congratulations on getting sleeved & you will be blessed on your journey as well!!! Wishing you the best!!!

I'm so excited for you I had the sleeve surgery dec 23,2013