Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my 2 week liquid diet today. Feeling so many emotions right now. Can I get through this 2 week liquid diet? I'm feeling really nervous at this moment. doubt and fears have kicked into over drive. I've had such a horrible relationship with food over the years and I've learned so much this far on my journey to a healthier me but can I get through 2 weeks of liquid diet. I so don't want to fail.

You can do this!!! In my experience, the pre-op diet (specifically the first 3 days) was way more difficult than post op has been. Try to stay busy and drink, drink, drink!! It will be over before you know it and you'll be so happy that you stuck it out! Best of luck to you!!

Here's what I can tell you. Does the 2 week liquid diet stink, yep especially the first 3 days. You'll get a headache and feel overall sluggish and tired., but you'll get past that. I don't know what your restrictions are, but I was allowed to add fresh fruits, Peanut Butter, yogurt and other things to my shakes to help with the flavor and to stave off boredom. Don't be afraid to do this, the variety is what got me thru it. My surgeon prefers Bariatric Advantage, so I used that one. I wouldn't suggest buying too much of any specific type of shake yet, afterwards your tastes are different so what works now may not work later. I got lots of samples and I'm trying them now, post-op. Some are good, some not so good. Everyone raves about the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup - It was by far the worst thing I've ever tasted, but that's me. You can do this though. Before you know it your day will be here and you'll then be sitting on the losers bench. Best of luck.

I have always been a big eater. Male and 303 pounds took alot of food. You can do it. Go into surgery ready and confident. I did so well on my pre op diet that they only used 4 cuts instead of 5 as my liver was shrunk from the diet. It is hard but you can do it. Get your body ready now because after surgery you will not have a choice. Keep busy and positive..

Thank u everyone. I guess I will turn in as I have to be up in a few hours. The support here is so amazing glad I have all of u to share in the up & down moments.

I am on day 8 of my liquid diet. It really hasn't been as awful as I thought it would be. When you are hungry drink! Drink lots of Water! Drink anything CLEAR! Really, stay busy! Clean, work out, anything that keeps your mind busy, DO IT! When you start getting hungry remind yourself why you're doing it to begin with. I figure if I can't do 2 weeks pre op of all liquid diet then maybe I'm not ready, but I AM READY! Ready to be healthy and off all of the meds I've been having to take for YEARS! I'll take Vitamins over drugs any day! Plus I want to know how it feels to be smaller and I want to know what I look like underneath all of this fat. I really, truly believe that in the end it's all going to be worth it, as I've heard so many people say. Also, I remind myself that one day I will be able to eat actual food again and it will be my responsibility to eat healthy and to exercise so I won't end up right back where I am now. I never want to go back! I want to keep pressing forward! You CAN do this and you and I will be so proud of ourselves after we've done it. Another goal down! We got this girl! Good luck with everything! :D

I have just gone through this really recently and ypu its tough..my surgeon made me do a month! but I know it was best for my health,so I just tried to take each day as it came,get in as many fluids as possible and also was allowed sugarfree gum which helped a lot ...hope all goes well xoxx

Starting my 2 week liquid diet today. Feeling so many emotions right now. Can I get through this 2 week liquid diet? I'm feeling really nervous at this moment. doubt and fears have kicked into over drive. I've had such a horrible relationship with food over the years and I've learned so much this far on my journey to a healthier me but can I get through 2 weeks of liquid diet. I so don't want to fail.

You know I'm your biggest cheerleader girl. You CAN do this! Keep your eyes on the prize. None of this is easy, but we already knew this. It's like any other obstacle in your life...you are more than a conqueror!

I have started my pre op diet today! So excited and scared at the same time :-) we can definitely do this just think it's a small part of your life that will affect the rest of your life. Time for a new chapter

You can do this!!! I know it!! I'm here for you....xo

I'm on day 6. The excitement and needing to shrink the liver or you can't have surgery keeps me determined and focused. I have not cheated, days 1-3 stunk, day 4 have energy, tummy grumbles, the runs but not starving!! You can most def do this!!!! Goodluck!!! Oh and I have lost 10 pounds!!

<p><strong>I am on day 8 of my liquid diet. It really hasn't been as awful as I thought it would be. When you are hungry drink! Drink lots of Water! Drink anything CLEAR! Really, stay busy! Clean, work out, anything that keeps your mind busy, DO IT! When you start getting hungry remind yourself why you're doing it to begin with. I figure if I can't do 2 weeks pre op of all liquid diet then maybe I'm not ready, but I AM READY! Ready to be healthy and off all of the meds I've been having to take for YEARS! I'll take Vitamins over drugs any day! Plus I want to know how it feels to be smaller and I want to know what I look like underneath all of this fat. I really, truly believe that in the end it's all going to be worth it, as I've heard so many people say. Also, I remind myself that one day I will be able to eat actual food again and it will be my responsibility to eat healthy and to exercise so I won't end up right back where I am now. I never want to go back! I want to keep pressing forward! You CAN do this and you and I will be so proud of ourselves after we've done it. Another goal down! We got this girl! Good luck with everything! :D</strong><strong> </strong></p>

Thank u girlie! We got this!!

You know I'm your biggest cheerleader girl. You CAN do this! Keep your eyes on the prize. None of this is easy, but we already knew this. It's like any other obstacle in your life...you are more than a conqueror!

Girl I started to text u at like midnight lmbo....was feeling overwhelmed like omg and really doubting me. So happy I have u in my corner.

You can do this!!! I know it!! I'm here for you....xo
Thank u big time.

Thank u so much to all of u. Ur support and encouragement means a ton. Heading to a meeting but feeling ok at this moment. I'm going to do this I have to!!