Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shoe size?!?!

lose shoe sizes?

@@butterflypinup

when i first heard saw that questions way back when i was a newbie.............

i laughed - how silly losing a shoe size!!!!

i quickly learned it was true!!! :)

i went from a wide to a regular width

that was cool :)

so i guess you never know the changes that our weight loss can effect!!

remember - the ONLY thing we have in common is that we're all different!!!!!!!!

i've heard from some, their shoe size wasn't affected :o

in other words don't get rid of those shoes yet!!!!

time will tell :)

April 16th you are having surgery?!!!!!

common knowledge that is the best day to have WLS!!!! ;)

33 lbs down pre-op :)

keep up the good job for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :)

you are aces!!!!

good luck with surgery :)

speedy recovery

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I went from a 10 to a 9 from losing weight and I'm not finished losing yet but I sure hope my feet don't get any smaller because I have some really cute shoes I've purchased and I don't want to give them up. LOL

I have always been a size 8 but with all the extra weight I had to wear a 9 1/2... now back to an 8. Having to buy all new shoes really sucks

I'm praying for a loss in shoe size! Anything will help! I have the hardest time finding women's size 12 shoes, especially anything half way cute!

I wear a size 12. Before the band a w now a m. I have no problem finding a 12. It's the prices that scars me. Nordstrom has wonderful shoes. Easy spirit. I got easy spirit knee high boots on their site for $50. Yesterday. Regular $189.

I am from Boston and the new balance outlet is not too far and I buy sneakers there for $13. To $75.

Good luck shoe shopping.

I wear a size 12. Before the band a w now a m. I have no problem finding a 12. It's the prices that scars me. Nordstrom has wonderful shoes. Easy spirit. I got easy spirit knee high boots on their site for $50. Yesterday. Regular $189. I am from Boston and the new balance outlet is not too far and I buy sneakers there for $13. To $75. Good luck shoe shopping.

QVC has great sizes as well as Zappos. Both have great apps. I was a12 women's. Am now about an 11.

Ive gone from a solid 9.5 med to a 9m and some 8. 5 med. Depends on the shoe as im kind of in between a 8.5 and a 9. Ive noticed several of you are from the greater Seattle area. ( Could our shrinking shoe size have anything to do with our lovely liquid sunshine ?? Maybe we're growing webbed feet ?) Ive heard Nordstroms and Zappos .com are good for larger sizes , I have ordered from Zappos before, beautiful boots and great customer service !!

finding shoes my size was always difficult but now I have smaller feet than before .. I was a size 5 1/2 to 6 I now wear a 4 1/2 to 5.. bought kids' boots size 3 recently.

Ladies that wear a size 12 I FEEL YOUR pain,

I'm still able to wear my size 13's. I have long feet, of course my body is long too. I have to order all my shoes online. Can't find them in a brick and morter store. Distinct disadvantage in that you can't try them on. I love my walking cradles--get them on Amazon. They provide great support for my bad knees and back. I've been able to wear some 12WW's that I couldn't wear before surgery--guess my feet were fat as well as the rest of me ; )

Have a good one,

Kathleen

I know my feet grew as my body grew!! I used to be a size 4 and before surgery I was wearing a 6. I am 4 weeks post op Wednesday and my feet are starting to swim in my go to pair of shoes. I was kind of happy that my feet were a little bigger, because I usually had to wear kid shoes and if I wanted to wear a pair of heels, I had to stuff the toes. Not comfortable. But if smaller feet is a price I have to pay to be healthier, so be it.

This is a funny large size shoe story. Many moons ago, maybe 20ish, I was on the computer, before Zappos, before Amazon, I put on the search engine, large size shoes for women. So I got some company and the shoes looked just ok, then it showed men in women's high heels. So I decided to leave the site and on the screen came a pop up that said why was I leaving the site. I turned off the computer. That scared the sh*t out of me.

In a burp of Boston, MA is a store called Panza and they have wonderful large size shoes and they will order for you too. Because I had broken a few toes about 3 years ago and they never recovered I have been wearing SAS, they are the most comfortable but ugly shoes or the ones I have because I need boxy toes. Doctor's orders. Their sandals are extremely comfortable, too, you can wear them for 10 hours without pain. Those aren't as ugly.

Have a great day everyone.

Sadly true... But what fun I am having buying heels again! Whoo whooo!

And yes, thick hunting socks -smart wool are my faves for the many pairs of boots that I refuse to give up!

uh oh I really hope not I am a size 5 i already shop in the childrens section lol :)

Today is the start of week #2 for me on my pre op Optifast. I normally take a size 9-9.5 but my step daughter gave me a new pair of sneakers size 8 and they fit very well. I know I have lost a lot of Fluid or puffiness off my feet and it can stay gone as far as I'm concerned. Hoping my feet do stay smaller. Hoping for alot these days :-)

Morning Sleeve Friends: I've heard that as well! Since I just started my pre-op liquid diet yesterday, I'm going to trace my feet on white copy paper and compare at a later time. I'm a WIDE size 7 and have worn steel toe shoes for work over 20 years, I HOPE my feet become narrow so I can finally fit into some summer open toe shoes. EXCITED!! Oh, I also think I'll take a picture so I can share.